Running Boards? Or Not?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Mrdrn

Running Boards? Or Not?

Post by Mrdrn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:22 pm

I have a new T-Roc R in metallic white, full spec, like many people I am disappointed by the finish inside but the cars size suits the driving I do and I love the engine, it worked out very expensive to buy with the sun roof, leather, exhaust etc BUT should I get side runners fitted too or is it a bridge too far? I am not sure, I havent seen one with them and its difficult to tell from pictures, anyone got an opinion please?
T-ROC R - Metallic White with all the trimmings..

Steve

Re: Running Boards? Or Not?

Post by Steve » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:05 pm

Not...I test drove a T-ROC with them on.Ok if enjoy knocking your ankles on them and getting your trousers dirty while getting in and out of your car.If you use roof bars or can not reach the roof to clean it then i suppose they are useful but i dont think they are worth the money. :D
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Dechromed.Lane assist.Tinted front and rear lights.Black satin wheels

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm

This question has popped up in several posts and it's always the same outcome.
No one can answer it, it's down to each owners personal taste ;)
Some people love them and some people hate them :P

Good luck with the R, it's a nice spec ;)
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
September 2018 :P

Mrdrn

Post by Mrdrn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:29 am

Thanks guys, new to the forum and only seeing now its been a hot topic, will save my money for fuel
T-ROC R - Metallic White with all the trimmings..

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Steve wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:05 pm
Not...I test drove a T-ROC with them on.Ok if enjoy knocking your ankles on them and getting your trousers dirty while getting in and out of your car.If you use roof bars or can not reach the roof to clean it then i suppose they are useful but i dont think they are worth the money. :D

I agree with Steve.

I've seen quite a few (but no R's) on the roads and on forecourts. The may look the part but, like Steve, I found the made it awkward to get in and out.

As for washing the roof, I have a small metal step stool with folding legs and I hold on to the roof rails, so don't delete those.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D