Removing a plastic panel under the dash

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
evin

Removing a plastic panel under the dash

Post by evin » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi, is there an easy way to remove just the plastic panel where the cigarette lighter is? I need to reach the lighter connector underneath. Thanks

123033942_4553653041375564_2701525783864690426_n.jpg

Tricky2

Re: Removing a plastic panel under the dash

Post by Tricky2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:07 am

Most dash panels are held in with spring clips. Judicious gentle prising should lift it. I'd suggest investing in a set of plastic pry levers to avoid damage.

Seal

Post by Seal » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:54 am

it is easy, carefully and with a small spatula, of plastic preference, put it in the place of the arrow( about 2 mm inward) lift it carefully, then you will have access to the lighter connection.

t-roc.png

T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

evin

Post by evin » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Great, thank you!

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Just followed this thread as I've been fitting an Inbay QI charger.

The panel with the gear lever gator came off nicely following Seal's instructions above but the lighter connector is still pretty inaccessible! It did give me an angle to get a screwdriver onto the tab of the connector and free it from the lighter.

The Inbay kit has a wiring loom to piggyback off this connector so I managed to hook up the charger easily but gave up trying to connect back to the lighter 🙄

All in all, once fitted you'd never know its there other than the satisfying beep from a charging phone when dumped in the tray...and I think I can live without a lighter! 😁

Seal

Post by Seal » Sun May 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Clive wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:49 pm
Just followed this thread as I've been fitting an Inbay QI charger.

The panel with the gear lever gator came off nicely following Seal's instructions above but the lighter connector is still pretty inaccessible! It did give me an angle to get a screwdriver onto the tab of the connector and free it from the lighter.

The Inbay kit has a wiring loom to piggyback off this connector so I managed to hook up the charger easily but gave up trying to connect back to the lighter 🙄

All in all, once fitted you'd never know its there other than the satisfying beep from a charging phone when dumped in the tray...and I think I can live without a lighter! 😁
it is easy
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"