Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
User avatar
twist
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by twist » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:05 am

I have perhaps just been quite unlucky but I’m struggling to find really good quality ones that do NOT leave tiny bits all over the car.

Anyone have any recommendations that they swear by? I tried some supposedly “premium” ones but they were just the same.

Thanks.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Ray Cathode
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by Ray Cathode » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:30 pm

Never used them myself but these are well thought of by the detailing freaks.

https://www.ragmasteruk.co.uk/16-x-16-e ... ber-towel/
Passat Estate SE NAV 7 speed DSG
Mar 2020
Area View Camera
Discover Navigation
Park Assist
Proper spare wheel

Hawkeye
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 pm

I know EXACTLY what you mean @twist

I tend to use the Kirkland Microfibre cloths from CostCo for initial polishing off, finishing off with the Super Shine Meguairs Microfibre towels for the final polish over
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-c ... 32843.html
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by twist » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:15 am

Cheers guys, I’ll give them a go!
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

User avatar
Deleted user 925
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by Deleted user 925 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:59 am

I've yet to polish my car in the time I've owned it 🤷‍♂️🤔🧐😂
September 2018 1.5 tsi R-line manual,
revena blue,
black roof,
towbar.

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by twist » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:12 am

Deleted user 925 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:59 am
I've yet to polish my car in the time I've owned it 🤷‍♂️🤔🧐😂
And with that lovely bright blue color?! Shameful!
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by twist » Sat May 01, 2021 11:33 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 pm
I know EXACTLY what you mean @twist

I tend to use the Kirkland Microfibre cloths from CostCo for initial polishing off, finishing off with the Super Shine Meguairs Microfibre towels for the final polish over
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-c ... 32843.html
Excellent recommendation on the Supreme Shine towels, thanks 👍 I grabbed the 6 pack from Halfords today and not a single bit of lint on the car after polishing. These truly are premium.

My uncle has a Costco account so I’ll maybe see if I can get those Kirkland ones at some point too but the above ones will likely serve me well enough.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Impala
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by Impala » Sun May 02, 2021 2:31 pm

twist wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:33 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 pm
I know EXACTLY what you mean @twist

I tend to use the Kirkland Microfibre cloths from CostCo for initial polishing off, finishing off with the Super Shine Meguairs Microfibre towels for the final polish over
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-c ... 32843.html
Excellent recommendation on the Supreme Shine towels, thanks 👍 I grabbed the 6 pack from Halfords today and not a single bit of lint on the car after polishing. These truly are premium.

My uncle has a Costco account so I’ll maybe see if I can get those Kirkland ones at some point too but the above ones will likely serve me well enough.

I've had one of these Meguiars cloths for the past year and agree that it is very sofy and does a great job without leaving a trace. My only niggle is that I find it a bit on the large side.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

User avatar
Deleted user 925
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by Deleted user 925 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Almost 2.5 years on and I finally got around to giving it a bit of a polish 😁

No micro fibre cloths used, just old cut up sheets and pyjamas 😜

IMG_20210502_195557.jpg

sketch-1619984012464.png

September 2018 1.5 tsi R-line manual,
revena blue,
black roof,
towbar.

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Microfiber cloth recommendations please!

Post by twist » Mon May 03, 2021 9:39 am

Impala wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:31 pm

I've had one of these Meguiars cloths for the past year and agree that it is very sofy and does a great job without leaving a trace. My only niggle is that I find it a bit on the large side.
I find that an advantage as you can use half for the wipe and half for the buff 😉
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Post Reply