Opening boot with keyless entry

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
john boy
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by john boy » Sun May 23, 2021 10:05 am

Does anybody know if I have a fault here , If I pull the switch inside the car door the boot opens and if I pull it again it shuts but if I press the key fob boot unlock it opens but if I press it again it doesn't close and I have to then use the switch inside the boot lid .

User avatar
Deleted user 925
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by Deleted user 925 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:16 am

Normal enough but for some reason the odd owner in the past can close it using the key fob, vw must have changed the software at some stage 🤷‍♂️

Something you can try is to stand closer to the car at different points to see if that might work? 🤔
September 2018 1.5 tsi R-line manual,
revena blue,
black roof,
towbar.

Hawkeye
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by Hawkeye » Sun May 23, 2021 10:28 am

john boy wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:05 am
Does anybody know if I have a fault here , If I pull the switch inside the car door the boot opens and if I pull it again it shuts but if I press the key fob boot unlock it opens but if I press it again it doesn't close and I have to then use the switch inside the boot lid .
No fault, that's exactly how mine works.

I believe you can only shut the boot with the fob if you have "keyless"
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

john boy
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by john boy » Sun May 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Thanks Hawkeye Just nice to know it's not faulty !

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by twist » Sun May 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:28 am
john boy wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:05 am
Does anybody know if I have a fault here , If I pull the switch inside the car door the boot opens and if I pull it again it shuts but if I press the key fob boot unlock it opens but if I press it again it doesn't close and I have to then use the switch inside the boot lid .
No fault, that's exactly how mine works.

I believe you can only shut the boot with the fob if you have "keyless"
Yeah, and you have to be in close proximity to the car for it to work with keyless (same proximity required to unlock the car).

The reasoning is likely that you must be in or next to the car in order to close it, to prevent injuring someone by closing it without being there to see if someone is there.

Mind you, it would be easy enough to injure someone by closing it via the driver switch if you have zero situational awareness…! I guess it’s mainly a liability avoidance tactic by VW.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

john boy
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by john boy » Mon May 24, 2021 8:01 am

Yes Hawkeye it does make sense doesn't it although the other day I put something in my boot that was to big for the lid to shut fully and when the lid felt some interference it opened again , Nice little safety feature I thought !

Tricky2
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by Tricky2 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:18 pm

john boy wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:01 am
Yes Hawkeye it does make sense doesn't it although the other day I put something in my boot that was to big for the lid to shut fully and when the lid felt some interference it opened again , Nice little safety feature I thought !
Sensible to not test with a child first :lol:

john boy
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by john boy » Wed May 26, 2021 7:57 am

Oh definitely ! It was actually a carpet steam cleaner and I then had to put down the back seats .

WayneST250
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by WayneST250 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:08 pm

Can the electric tailgate be set to open to a preset height to your own preferences?

Impala
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Opening boot with keyless entry

Post by Impala » Wed May 26, 2021 8:16 pm

Don't have one but I believe it can. I'm sure another member will post detailed instructions.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Post Reply