Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Why No Atlantic Blue Color in T-Roc 2021 Models in UK

9K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  Seal 
#1 ·
Hi,

During the purchase process, I was told by the dealer that Atlantic Blue isn't available anymore on any of the trims. This was confirmed by VW as well. However, no reason was given for it.

I know there's Ravenna Blue but Atlantic Blue is on the darker side and closer to Black I guess for people who dont want a Black color but darker shade of Blue.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know if there's a specific reason for it? Such a shame they dont do one of the colors which is a big hit with other cars like Merc and Audi, in the last few years 😔🤔

#3 ·
Deleted user 925 said:
I'd say it's because they didn't sell enough in that colour to justify the costs 🤔&#x1f937-2642;

I very seldom see one in that colour 🧐
Possible but dont understand why the same color sells like hot pancakes in Merc and Audi but not in T-Roc ??

#5 ·
Tricky2 said:
Different buyer demographics on the different models. You could ask why the media screen on the T-Roc doesn't look like the bluetacked an ipad on the dash as that's what merc do... (You could say I hate that look :) )
Possible and agree with bluetacked ipad 🤣😂

#7 ·
Mic2904 said:
I got my Atlantic blue one today and it looks awesome.
Congrats on getting your hands on it.

Atlantic Blue in 2021 model or is that a 2020 model ?

#9 ·
Mic2904 said:
2021 👍
Wow. I'm surprised. I was told by the dealer and VW that Atlantic Blue isn't available anymore 🤔

Which trim (United, Design, Active, SEL, etc) option did you go for, and did you go for standard spec or add some additional spec (reversing camera, sunroof, etc) to the trim?

#11 ·
Mic2904 said:
Apparently I got the last one. It's an R-Line 1.5l 7 Speed Automatic.
I asked for extra's… keyless entry, reverse camera, etc….
What timing, I must say.

I just saw pics of your car on another topic. Its an absolute stunner. Congrats and enjoy this beauty.

#12 ·
Unfortunately VW confirms that T-Roc is no longer produced in Atlantic Blue, as well as in Black Oak and Energetic Orange, as you may know, 3 new colors will appear, Kings Red, Ascoat Gray and Pyrite Grey.

#13 ·
Seal said:
3 new colors will appear, Kings Red, Ascoat Gray and Pyrite Grey.
Oooh, interesting. I've never been 100% happy with how much green there is in Indium and would quite like to get it re-sprayed at some point with a more blue-grey. Wonder if these greys are closer to what I want.

#15 ·
twist said:
Seal said:
Oooh, interesting. I've never been 100% happy with how much green there is in Indium and would quite like to get it re-sprayed at some point with a more blue-grey. Wonder if these greys are closer to what I want.
Not 100% happy unless you have 50 shades of grey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you wearing tinted glasses ? :ugeek:

I've never seen any hint of green in my Indium Grey - it's just what it says on the tin ... Grey !

You must have more money than sense to consider a respray.

#16 ·
Impala said:
twist said:
Seal said:

I've never seen any hint of green in my Indium Grey - it's just what it says on the tin ... Grey !

:lol: In fairness, it's my job to be a color-accuracy perfectionist so I tend to see things in colors that most people don't.

Under showroom lights, Indium is absolutely stunning but I find that out in the real world, the daylight makes it look a bit too green. Partly depends on the surroundings but my friend has a BMW in a nearly identical color and I prefer the blue hue it gives off.

I wouldn't get a re-spray yet, I've only had it a year. But once the paint begins to go I might.

A mix of Ravenna blue and Indium grey would likely be absolutely perfect for me!

#17 ·
Seal said:
Unfortunately VW confirms that T-Roc is no longer produced in Atlantic Blue, as well as in Black Oak and Energetic Orange, as you may know, 3 new colors will appear, Kings Red, Ascoat Gray and Pyrite Grey.
Thanks for this info. Much appreciated.

Also good to know about the new 3 colors.

#19 ·
twist said:
Impala said:
twist said:

:lol: In fairness, it's my job to be a color-accuracy perfectionist so I tend to see things in colors that most people don't.

Under showroom lights, Indium is absolutely stunning but I find that out in the real world, the daylight makes it look a bit too green. Partly depends on the surroundings but my friend has a BMW in a nearly identical color and I prefer the blue hue it gives off.

I wouldn't get a re-spray yet, I've only had it a year. But once the paint begins to go I might.

A mix of Ravenna blue and Indium grey would likely be absolutely perfect for me!
Interesting you saying that, my 2015 mk1 tiguan was nimbus grey, as was my misses 2016 polo. However, when you looked at them side by side there was a subtle difference, the polo having a fractionally blue tinge to it. I put it down to the tig manufactured in germany, and the polo in south africa.

#20 ·
twist said:
Seal said:
maybe you don't know but indium doesn't contain green,looks greenish,but dont have green

#21 ·
And if Atlantic Blue goes back to the T-Roc? What do you think of that?

#22 ·
Seal said:
twist said:
Seal said:
maybe you don't know but indium doesn't contain green,looks greenish,but dont have green
Yeah that's what I mean: in sunlight it can look slightly green. I want more blue in it!

#23 ·
Seal said:
Is every body listening to the factory contact, Seal?
He might be asking on behalf of the factory, to gauge interest in bringing back the availability of Atlantic Blue.

#24 ·
Seal said:
Sorry, I missed your message there for a while.

If that happens, it would be an amazing decision I think, considering Dark shade of Blue is very popular these days.

Though I must say that its too late for me, as I have already ordered one in Pearl Black as Atlantic Blue wasn't available 😔

#25 ·
Bigwheel said:
Seal said:
Is every body listening to the factory contact, Seal?
He might be asking on behalf of the factory, to gauge interest in bringing back the availability of Atlantic Blue.
yes, VW listens, marketing is out there, and maybe before the end of the year there will be news, in principle good news i hope

#26 ·
twist said:
Seal said:
twist said:
Yeah that's what I mean: in sunlight it can look slightly green. I want more blue in it!
how about the facelift of T-Roc R Line atlantic blue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.