1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Negativepitch

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Negativepitch » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:22 pm

avamissile wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:16 pm
Just out of interest, is this only happening in 1.5 engine sizes?
Apparently yes.

brid

Post by brid » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:28 pm

Can anybody expand on this trait when the 1.5 is attached to a DSG box or does this smooth it out?
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

Spevs

Post by Spevs » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Hello everyone, sorry to gate crash your forum, I have a Golf R-line 1.5 evo and I am having the same issues as described here. My car is a Nov 17 model currently, with 7,000 miles on the clock and have been experiencing these problems since new. Initially I thought it would get better over time but the extra miles have done nothing to improve matters. Having put up with this for nearly 12 months, when the car had its 1st service 4 weeks ago I mentioned my concerns to my dealer (Sinclair VW, South Wales) and they reported back to me that VW are aware of the problem and will be issuing a Software Update, however, no one seems to know when this will come. Although, after stumbling accross this form, I am dismayed to see a mention of a software update being issued as long ago as April 17.

Along with many who have posted on here, I don't feel that VW UK are taking this problem seriously. I have recently approached VW UK Customer Service to enquire when we can expect the Software Fix to be made available and they can't/won't give me any indication, not even down to whether it will be Weeks, Months or Years. Apparently, VW Customer Service can't discuss technical issues with Customers, only the dealer Network can do that. In view of the disinterested or couldn't care less response from VW UK Customer Service Team, I requested that this issue is escalated to whoever is responsible at the Factory in Germany where I am told a solution is being worked on, but this cannot be done "As no one has contact with the Factory, the update will be available when it is" says Keith Christmas of VW CS Team UK.

To everyone on here, I paid £23,000 for a quality car (T-Roc owners paid a bt more) and we should all be enjoying driving them. Unless we all pull togehter to apply pressure to VW UK very little will improve.

I currently have an open complaint with VW UK, Ref - VW1234516X, Keith Christmas is the Customer Service Advisor owning my complaint, he can be contacted on 0114 450 3377. I have no issue with anyone refering to my complaint whilst speaking to VW Customer Service Team.

I see from an earlier post, someone has put up the email of the VW UK CEO, has anyone been in contact with her yet and if so how did you get on.

Spevs

m87

Post by m87 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:12 am

Finally took delivery of my T-Roc and having the same issue here.

Grrralph

Post by Grrralph » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 am

Brid - I have a 1.5 DSG and this has not been an issue for me.
Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 - arrived in UK 9 November collected 26 November '18.

Spevs

Post by Spevs » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 am

Grrralph wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 am
Brid - I have a 1.5 DSG and this has not been an issue for me.
It would seem from most of the posts on here, the issue is much more related to a manual gearbox rather than an automatic.

T-Rog

Post by T-Rog » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:02 am

As this subject first raised its head back in mid April 2018 and Volkswagen were made aware of this problem - they have not rated this complaint as being a serious one - hence VW are looking into the problem but in my opinion only from a distance.
Since I got my T-ROC back in April 2018 it has been back to have things checked out at least 3 times - the 1st was for a software update which was in no way anything to do with the problem - the 2nd was to have a full data check carried out with the info fed back to VW in Germany for them to look into the problem apparently they are still looking - the 3rd was for the clutch biting point to be checked and reset still no improvement.
My own opinion for all its worth is that there is a problem to do with the fuel mapping / auto start/stop / while your foot is still operating the clutch pedal.
On my vehicle if you pull away on a relatively flat surface without using the accelerator then as soon as the clutch is fully engaged - foot off the clutch pedal and then accelerate - all other gear changes as normal no problems - even in slow moving traffic in 1st gear without using the clutch pedal its behaves fine.
I do not believe as other comments have said that it is due to to turbo not being up to speed - I think there is glitch in the fuel delivery system - it feels like fuel is shut off momentarily causing it to kangaroo.
At times switching of Start / Stop seems to improve the problem

As a side issue how about VW coughing up some sort of Compensation for everyone with this very annoying problem (Including all other VW group 1.5 TSI Manual vehicles)

This is only my opinion and no doubt there will be some of you who will disagree :shock:
Volkswagen 2018 T-ROC DESIGN 1.5 TSI EVO Petrol
6-Speed Manual Gearbox - Front Wheel Drive
17" Mayfield Alloys
2-Tone Horns
Deep Black with Pure White Roof / Mirrors
VW DATA-PLUG fitted since mid July - VW Connect

Ang01

Post by Ang01 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:33 pm

I remain frustrated that VW is reacting as if this is not a major issue. As a new VW owner, moved from a happy Renault driver to what I thought was moving up, I have been annoyed at the kangarooing and also the sudden acceleration that intermittently occurs. I am not technically but VW head office say they are not linked and they are not aware of the sudden acceleration or sudden launching forward as being a problem as NO one else has told them!
Stoptheroc

gums

Post by gums » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Another one for the kangaroo club. I have the 1.5tsi manual box and it’s more prevalent when starting from cold.

As others have mentioned it can be remedied by fully releasing the clutch before applying power or applying lots of power but that’s not how I, or I’m sure many others drive. I was always taught to apply gradual power as the clutch was raised but it seems this vehicle doesn’t want to play that way.
T-Roc R-Line 1.5 TSI Manual. Pure white with black roof. Ordered 18/07/18. Est. 10/12/18.

01/10/18: Confirmed build week
25/10/18: Stage 5a: in transit (left factory)
08/11/18: Stage 6: arrived in UK
22/11/18: Expected delivery :D

Mike_B

Post by Mike_B » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm

I've just called VW UK customer services about the 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo. I was told VW are not aware of this problem. If this is the case, then those of you waiting for a software fix, or any other fix may be disappointed.

I'm going to speak with the dealership that I ordered my car from and see what they have to say
1.5 TSI EVO SEL - White Silver/Black roof - sport pack - rear view camera.
Ordered 22/09/18