1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Newtroconthebloc
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:22 pm

SIMMO wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:17 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:01 pm
VW HQ are trying to find out if there's a car build after date when fixed, but at the minute nothing we shall see in two weeks. I'm sure if they had one they would be saying it from the hill tops.
Sorry but I haven’t a clue what you’re saying/asking, please enlighten me.
VW HQ on questioning about the Kangroo effect have said they, UK HQ are trying to find out from Germany if any fix is being applied to current production 1.5 TR ocs. Or from what date.

They don't know if or when thats the problem, so you could take a new car that's clear of faults or not who knows who is prepared to take a risk, not me until I get a answer.
[/quote]
Ah got it
Thanks
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

Ian91
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Ian91 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Does the kangaroo affect only the manual 1.5 engine, are there any forum members experiencing the same same fault on the 1.5 DSG?
Ordered 11/03/19 R line 1.5tsi DSG Indium Grey

niche
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Ian91 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:50 pm
Does the kangaroo affect only the manual 1.5 engine, are there any forum members experiencing the same same fault on the 1.5 DSG?
Sadly there are - have a search (often people put their spec car in their signature). The good news seems to be there are proportionally less DSG users and some evidence that the later DSGs are more impacted than earlier ones.

I'm still deciding whether to try a DSG..
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

SIMMO
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:38 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by SIMMO » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Ian91 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:50 pm
Does the kangaroo affect only the manual 1.5 engine, are there any forum members experiencing the same same fault on the 1.5 DSG?
Ian It Does, but less as some readers have said the DSG gear box masks the problem as sufficiently more revs may be applied to move the car without realising ! But its a ll hit and miss.

A good guide would be to park your DSG on a steep hill, try and pull away with the revs normal. See what you have to do to get it to pull away and listen to the engine.

Im starting to think I may not even wait for VW HQ to come back, its not a place I want to be, start looking at a alternative Monday.

niche
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Ian91 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:50 pm
Does the kangaroo affect only the manual 1.5 engine, are there any forum members experiencing the same same fault on the 1.5 DSG?
The most recent example Ian, is only a few days ago. Earlier DSGs seem ok - but there are others. How "bad" it is vs the manuals I have yet to experience.. but from the sound of it there are unfortunate similarities but the word often used is "masked" which makes sense given its an auto.
Post by Lucypoulton » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi,
I don’t know if you can help me, I have recently purchased a Volkswagen T-Roc 26/01/2019 from a Volkswagen Dealer- I took it off the forecourt ad it drove okay with no signs of fault. I took the car out the next day and this was then kangarooing. I then emailed the dear to inform him that this was happening and he didn’t quite know why this is happening. The car I’ve purchased is an automatic (DSG) so it defiantly should not be able to kangaroo.
It nearly been 2 weeks and every time I’ve taken this out within the first 10 minutes it will kangaroo. I took the car back on the 02/02/2019 for them to sit in the car and see if this happens and it didn’t (always a way) – they stated that they will have to get this checked in by the service people and it could be a software update.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I look forward to hearing from you
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

SIMMO
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:38 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by SIMMO » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 am

Lucy

Unless you are prepared to live with it, or risk a recall when finally fixed it !!!! ,get your letter off as a rejection and in before 30 days, do not be put off by software fixes, two tried third on its way but they don't know when, some owners have been living with this for 10 months and no fix, its a fob off, have none of it. If you are on Finance register the fault with them as well. and say you are rejecting. You can then give them one chance to software fix but put money on it nothing happens.

As I see it, you wait and risk having the problem for ever , or a recall at some time distant future. I know what I would do. hope this helps remember if you bash the car or so one hits you its over.

niche
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 am

SIMMO wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 am
Lucy

Unless you are prepared to live with it, or risk a recall when finally fixed it !!!! ,get your letter off as a rejection and in before 30 days, do not be put off by software fixes, two tried third on its way but they don't know when, some owners have been living with this for 10 months and no fix, its a fob off, have none of it. If you are on Finance register the fault with them as well. and say you are rejecting. You can then give them one chance to software fix but put money on it nothing happens.

As I see it, you wait and risk having the problem for ever , or a recall at some time distant future. I know what I would do. hope this helps remember if you bash the car or so one hits you its over.
For the benefit of others, for cases of less than 30 days you not have to give the dealer any opportunity to fix the car. As I've said before this is pretty irrelevant in the case of the "Kangarooring" as they don't have a fix as of now anyway..

Consider returning the car would be my advice and get a loaner, on their insurance to avoid the concern SIMMO and others have raised - ie damaging yours or having an accident due to its lack of predictability.

I've also opened a new thread based on my experience of Rejection, giving advice/info on the process etc.
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

SIMMO
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:38 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by SIMMO » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 pm

niche good idea , big worry for owners the more car owners that return there cars,the harder it may become. I hope not but can anyone be sure,

wish every one well and hope its resolved soon. Dealers as well as this is not there fault and they are trying to help but for how long. if only they would stop saying software fix and not heard of this ahhhhhh !

Lucypoulton
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Lucypoulton » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Thank you all for your help!

I went back to collect the car and was adiment that I didn’t want to take the car back as they couldn’t find a fault they said I can have a loan car for a week and to see if this update is available before I decide what to do!

But I don’t think the software update will be ready in a week when everyone else has been waiting for an update for months now!

They have given me a T-Roc which is a 2 litre and it’s so much better for no kangarooing at all I don’t know if they can swap to a 2 litre T-Roc and maybe sort out my finance.

niche
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Lucypoulton wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm
Thank you all for your help!

I went back to collect the car and was adiment that I didn’t want to take the car back as they couldn’t find a fault they said I can have a loan car for a week and to see if this update is available before I decide what to do!

But I don’t think the software update will be ready in a week when everyone else has been waiting for an update for months now!

They have given me a T-Roc which is a 2 litre and it’s so much better for no kangarooing at all I don’t know if they can swap to a 2 litre T-Roc and maybe sort out my finance.
Great news that it worked that way. I was hopeful it would and it’s more for them to focus on now.

Not looked at pricing for the 2.0 but I will now..

I agree that it’s v unlikely to come out that quickly but somewhere along the line it will change within a week ..so it’s possible.

I’ll be interested to see what they do with your case next. They may offer you a trade in to avoid the Rejection so just be clear not to lose a penny in the process and see what they do ..!

Great start though ..
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

Post Reply