1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
niche

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Thu May 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Ramy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:25 pm
When you want to reject your troc walk into your selling dealership and ask to speak to the sales manager and explain why you want to reject the car, ask for the relevant email address,say in the email why you want to reject ie kangarooing,feel unsafe in the car ,lack of confidence etc and that the fault can't be fixed,the dealer has to agree to take the car back,they get in touch with vw and the dealer buys the car off vw your pcp is settled and deposit returned,your dealer will be compensated they don't loose out!make sure you have a case number of vw customer service it will help ,email Alison Jones you will get a phone call from the executive office and be given a ref number it all helps to build up your case good luck
Yep, but I skipped the "walk into your selling dealership" part as they were unhelpful and resistant for quite some time and selling the "its a characteristic" line (as though that's ok..).

My example email is in the link above and my take is get the Exec Office reference number first and mention that in the email. No visit is actually necessary anywhere..
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

T Roc Chick

Post by T Roc Chick » Thu May 09, 2019 8:35 pm

Andrew Savvas is Australian, so he probably likes kangaroos :D
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
Active info
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Thu May 09, 2019 10:47 pm

T Roc Chick wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:35 pm
Andrew Savvas is Australian, so he probably likes kangaroos :D
Hmm, his surname is a palindrome which reminded me of this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1113 and another palindrome : was it a rat I saw?

Let's hope Mr Savvas is not a rat and does the right thing by his customers ;)

Jabbafumi

Post by Jabbafumi » Fri May 10, 2019 6:24 am

If it is not fit for purpose, you have the right to reject it. Remember the onus is not on you to prove that the car is faulty, it is on VW to prove that it is not. A quick google search of “ car rejection” will provide you with your rights as a consumer.

I rejected my 1.5 TSI Manual T-Roc in August last year and the dealer came with the same excuses, my driving style, fix is coming etc etc. Here we are, a year down the line and still nothing. However, I stuck to my guns and eventually the Sales Manager relented and accepted my rejection, not that he had a choice in the matter.

I’ve my theory of what the fault is and I don’t think it is a simple software fix, if that was the case it would have been done a year ago. I think it is mechanical and major design flaw in the engine itself. Not an easy fix.

Lymmbo

Post by Lymmbo » Fri May 10, 2019 12:12 pm

My TRoc went in to the garage for a second replacement of brake pads I asked about the kangaroo problem and was told that VW have it as their top priority. Let’s hope they have.

niche

Post by niche » Fri May 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Lymmbo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:12 pm
My TRoc went in to the garage for a second replacement of brake pads I asked about the kangaroo problem and was told that VW have it as their top priority. Let’s hope they have.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm

My car booked in for the 20th for the engine software update. Would have been sooner but away on holiday.
Ianh

Car 1 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 18, returned Nov 18
Car 2 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Nov 18, returned Jun 19
Car 3 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 19

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Fri May 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Ianh wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
My car booked in for the 20th for the engine software update. Would have been sooner but away on holiday.
What !
It’s not out yet, or is it ?
Do you know something nobody else knows ?
What did the dealer call it ? Is it just to investigate the issue or have they already done that.
If it’s actually available we better get going, there’s going to be a massive rush and queues around the block or each dealership.
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Fri May 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Jabbafumi wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:24 am

I’ve my theory of what the fault is and I don’t think it is a simple software fix, if that was the case it would have been done a year ago. I think it is mechanical and major design flaw in the engine itself. Not an easy fix.
I suspect you may be right . Maybe different cam which could explain the stop on orders for now . If is that is the “fix” what will they do for existing customers ? Doubt we will ever know .

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Fri May 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:16 pm
Ianh wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
What !
It’s not out yet, or is it ?
Do you know something nobody else knows ?
What did the dealer call it ? Is it just to investigate the issue or have they already done that.
If it’s actually available we better get going, there’s going to be a massive rush and queues around the block or each dealership.
I have a "special" relationship with my dealership. I must have, my car has been in the workshop for various faults 35 times in the last 10 months, yes that's an average of nearly once a week....

You can also see from my signature that I'm on car number 2, which will soon be number 3....

Strangely enough, my first car didn't have the 1.5 engine issue, the one I picked up in November does, although not to a massive degree. To cut a long story short, VW have agreed to change the car again, but in the meantime I had a call from the dealership today to say they have the engine software update, and mine will be one of the first to try it. Unfortunately I'm on holiday till Friday, so booked in for a week on Monday, the 20th.

It looks like Its on its way, so some of you might get a call and maybe have it done this week.
Ianh

Car 1 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 18, returned Nov 18
Car 2 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Nov 18, returned Jun 19
Car 3 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 19