Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Impala » Fri May 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Ianh wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:58 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:16 pm
Ianh wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
My car booked in for the 20th for the engine software update. Would have been sooner but away on holiday.
What !
It’s not out yet, or is it ?
Do you know something nobody else knows ?
What did the dealer call it ? Is it just to investigate the issue or have they already done that.
If it’s actually available we better get going, there’s going to be a massive rush and queues around the block or each dealership.
I have a "special" relationship with my dealership. I must have, my car has been in the workshop for various faults 35 times in the last 10 months, yes that's an average of nearly once a week....

You can also see from my signature that I'm on car number 2, which will soon be number 3....

Strangely enough, my first car didn't have the 1.5 engine issue, the one I picked up in November does, although not to a massive degree. To cut a long story short, VW have agreed to change the car again, but in the meantime I had a call from the dealership today to say they have the engine software update, and mine will be one of the first to try it. Unfortunately I'm on holiday till Friday, so booked in for a week on Monday, the 20th.

It looks like Its on its way, so some of you might get a call and maybe have it done this week.
Good luck Ian ... you certainly deserve it.

Could this be the one ?
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered: 22/06/18
Stage 2: 27/06/18
Stage 3: 08/03/19
Build wk: 14 - 01/04/19
Stage 5a: 31/03/19 Left factory 1 wk early
Stage 6: 08/05/19
Stage 7: 13/05/19
Collect: any day now :D

Impala

Post by Impala » Fri May 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Ianh wrote:
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Ianh wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
My car booked in for the 20th for the engine software update. Would have been sooner but away on holiday.
What !
What did the dealer call it ? Is it just to investigate the issue or have they already done that.
If it’s actually available we better get going, there’s going to be a massive rush and queues around the block or each dealership.
I have a "special" relationship with my dealership. I must have, my car has been in the workshop for various faults 35 times in the last 10 months, yes that's an average of nearly once a week....

You can also see from my signature that I'm on car number 2, which will soon be number 3....

Strangely enough, my first car didn't have the 1.5 engine issue, the one I picked up in November does, although not to a massive degree. To cut a long story short, VW have agreed to change the car again, but in the meantime I had a call from the dealership today to say they have the engine software update, and mine will be one of the first to try it. Unfortunately I'm on holiday till Friday, so booked in for a week on Monday, the 20th.

It looks like Its on its way, so some of you might get a call and maybe have it done this week.

What happens if they fix #2, will you still go for #3 ?

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Fri May 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Impala wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:08 pm
Ianh wrote:
Newtroconthebloc wrote:

What !

What happens if they fix #2, will you still go for #3 ?
Yes, has to be 3rd time lucky.
Ianh

Car 1 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 18, returned Nov 18
Car 2 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Nov 18

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri May 10, 2019 7:51 pm

This fix is likely to be for post-WLTP cars only. As I guessed a few pages back, VW are cacking the emissions thing and we all know why.

If you have a pre-WLTP car you are still going to be up s**t street without a paddle.

And I hope the fix works on the newer cars for all owners who deserve a car that is fit for purpose :|

1.5 tsi emoo | Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Detachable Spoiler

Nfin79

Post by Nfin79 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Does anyone know if the software update is now released? I am having a little “discussion” with VW over my 1.5 evo R-line which culminated in me telling them on Tuesday that I want to return it and get a refund.

Low and indeed behold, a day later the dealer phoned me to tell me the software update is available and to book my car in. VW had previously advised such a fix was as yet unknown.

Am I being paranoid or is the fix now ready to roll out?

Impala

Post by Impala » Fri May 10, 2019 8:30 pm

No ... just standard VW confusion, so probably depends who you ask or which page you read.

Ramy

Post by Ramy » Fri May 10, 2019 8:41 pm

I wish you all luck the troc is a great looking car pity that the engine lets it down , I personally have very little faith in vw and think they have turned their backs on all the customers who put faith in them to produce a great car,years ago if you had a golf you got great build quality and the cars were great now you get mass produced under developed shite that they just expect everyone to accept I wouldn't buy another vw if you paid me,you get a crap meal in a restaurant you don't go back!thats my outlook

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Sat May 11, 2019 8:08 am

Will be interesting to hear if they tell you that you have to drive it for 600 miles for the ecu to “learn” the change . That is what Skoda drivers have been told .

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi All. Just had a call from VW UK Exec Office and they advise that the dealers are rolling out a software fix for the Rooing issue. I have my 1.5Tsi booked in with my dealer this Thursday. They say it will take up to 2 hours and is the first T-Roc they will have done with this software update. I am hopeful that this update is going to work but will not know until first thing Friday morning when the engine is cold. Will let you know how it goes.

Fingers Crossed

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG Black White with added Roo

Ian91

Post by Ian91 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm

ianchelt wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm
Hi All. Just had a call from VW UK Exec Office and they advise that the dealers are rolling out a software fix for the Rooing issue. I have my 1.5Tsi booked in with my dealer this Thursday. They say it will take up to 2 hours and is the first T-Roc they will have done with this software update. I am hopeful that this update is going to work but will not know until first thing Friday morning when the engine is cold. Will let you know how it goes.

Fingers Crossed

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG Black White with added Roo
Hi ianchelt
Hope all goes well for the software fix, my cars still six months+ from being built did get a call from the the dealer to say they are hopeful for Sept/Oct but I think it will be December/January, at least they have guaranteed my p/x trade in price etc. If it goes into next year I may go for something else. Not all the DSG 1.5tsi are afflicted with the Roo so I’m hoping it’s sorted by then.
I’m presuming your still sticking with VW I remember you had a year waiting for yours, I’ve got the similar engine/DSG in my Golf and it’s fine so somewhere along the line they’ve changed the settings, so let’s hope this solves the problem.
Cheers
Ian
Ordered 11/03/19 R line 1.5tsi DSG Indium Grey