1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
loll69

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by loll69 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:50 am

I've been watching this post with interest. I pick up my Q2 on Saturday and asked them about the 1.5 engine and mentioned it seems a big issue on all vwg cars, they said never heard of problems

niche

Post by niche » Wed May 15, 2019 11:16 am

loll69 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:50 am
I've been watching this post with interest. I pick up my Q2 on Saturday and asked them about the 1.5 engine and mentioned it seems a big issue on all vwg cars, they said never heard of problems
Ah the classic "never heard of this".. response. :lol: :D

That would mark the dealer down hugely on my reference scale.. Mine said that too which turned out to be one of several complete untruths I got from him..

I'd have a look on the Audi forum and send across a couple of reference numbers that are with their Exec office posted on there..!
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 am

loll69 wrote:
Hmmm ... that's what my dealer said when I collected my Q2 on 8th March, and 2 days later when I first reported the rooing and cutting out problems. Later on during the subsequent rejection process they eventually admitted that there was a problem and that Audi were supposedly working on a fix. Anyway, it's been rejected, fully refunded, and I am now driving a new non-VW Group vehicle. The rejected vehicle is still listed for sale on the dealer's website.

Good luck!
Simon.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed May 15, 2019 11:52 am

loll69 wrote:
Hmm - sorry you need to understand VAG speak. Having had 3 Audi's previously when they say they have "never heard of any problems" what they mean is that there is nothing on the Recall log. But there is also a separate fix log for customer cars that come in that are showing the appropriate symptoms.

For instance - on my previous RSQ3, I had an issue with the MMI screen (same as Infotainment on VW's) resetting itself at odd intervals. Put it in to the dealer and there was a fix for it. However had I not experienced the problem I wouldn't have got the fix. Was there a recall? No.

So is there a problem with the Q2 1.5 - absolutely not, there is no recall for the 1.5 Q2's. Is there a problem with the T-ROC 1.5's? Absolutely not, there is no recall notice. But apparently now there is a solution if you experience the problem and put it into the workshop for investigation.

Hopefully when you get yours the 'roo' issue won't be evident and Audi will have applied the latest version of the firmware during the build, so you don't then get the issue.

Enjoy your Q2, hope all goes well with it.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

FLC2091

Post by FLC2091 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm

My 1.5 TSI T-Roc has had the recent software fix applied. The vehicle drives and performs very differently. No power and over revving in 1st gear. Fuel consumption has changed (not for the better). Whilst kangarooing has reduced significantly it has not been totally eliminated. Yet to experience a stall. I can't help but feel this is a rather large sticking plaster covering up whatever the underlying issue is.

In short the vehicle performs nothing like the 1.5 TSI that I test drove before purchase. If I had test driven a vehicle that performed like mine now does I would not have made the purchase.

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 pm

FLC2091 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm
My 1.5 TSI T-Roc has had the recent software fix applied. The vehicle drives and performs very differently. No power and over revving in 1st gear. Fuel consumption has changed (not for the better). Whilst kangarooing has reduced significantly it has not been totally eliminated. Yet to experience a stall. I can't help but feel this is a rather large sticking plaster covering up whatever the underlying issue is.

In short the vehicle performs nothing like the 1.5 TSI that I test drove before purchase. If I had test driven a vehicle that performed like mine now does I would not have made the purchase.
Hi and welcome
Is yours an auto or manual?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

FLC2091

Post by FLC2091 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 pm
FLC2091 wrote:

Hi and welcome
Is yours an auto or manual?
Manual. Vehicle is now kangarooing on start up regardless of warm or cold.

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi Flc2091,
Were you told to try it for 600 miles ? Skoda owners were told this and the ECU had to “learn” the change .
Though I suspect that the real fix has to be more fundamental than software update .

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Wed May 15, 2019 5:22 pm

FLC2091 wrote:

Bah, this is exactly what has been predicted by people here: a choked engine, clutch-slipping-over-revving shenanigans and knackered mpg. There seems to be 3 options: 1. Have the 'fix' and be bored to tears in a sub-standard car with a plummeting value; 2. Refuse to let the 'fix' anywhere near your car and tell VW to try harder to properly fix it pronto; or 3. Get your money back and steer well clear of the whole VAG Group. :evil:

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm

T Roo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:22 pm
FLC2091 wrote:

Bah, this is exactly what has been predicted by people here: a choked engine, clutch-slipping-over-revving shenanigans and knackered mpg. There seems to be 3 options: 1. Have the 'fix' and be bored to tears in a sub-standard car with a plummeting value; 2. Refuse to let the 'fix' anywhere near your car and tell VW to try harder to properly fix it pronto; or 3. Get your money back and steer well clear of the whole VAG Group. :evil:
What’s your decision?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.