1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
jetjaguar99
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by jetjaguar99 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:19 pm

People on German T Roc forum reporting positive outcome after this most recent update.
T-Roc R-Line 1.5 TSI Manual
+ Deep Black Pearl
+ Lumbar support
+ Rear view cam
+ Beats-audio-pack

- (S1) Ordered 21.07.19
- (S2) With Factory 29.07.19
- (S3) Build Week 37 Confirmed 16.08.19
- (S5a) In Transit/Left Factory 13.09.19

T Roo
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 166 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:51 pm

ibi wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 am
Yup; last time the improvement didn’t take or last. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part coupled with a warm day or three. Thinking back it was also just a “ software update”. This time it was an ECU update designed to improve low speed fuel flow when engine temps are low; instantly better behaved and still is. That said I have informed VW that the rejection case is paused not closed pending a few weeks running and until the arrival of colder weather. Right now guessing late Oct early November. Confidence is high but VW have work to do if they want to be trusted.
Hmm, I'm reserving judgement (not least because VW has identified a number of variants in the roo fault; what works for one, may not work for another)! Glad your car is running better :) .
jetjaguar99 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:19 pm
People on German T Roc forum reporting positive outcome after this most recent update.
If this update is really the answer, I'm not sure why it took 2 years to work it out and does it address each of the variants? Time will tell. :|

jetjaguar99
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by jetjaguar99 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:51 pm

T Roo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:51 pm
ibi wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 am
Yup; last time the improvement didn’t take or last. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part coupled with a warm day or three. Thinking back it was also just a “ software update”. This time it was an ECU update designed to improve low speed fuel flow when engine temps are low; instantly better behaved and still is. That said I have informed VW that the rejection case is paused not closed pending a few weeks running and until the arrival of colder weather. Right now guessing late Oct early November. Confidence is high but VW have work to do if they want to be trusted.
Hmm, I'm reserving judgement (not least because VW has identified a number of variants in the roo fault; what works for one, may not work for another)! Glad your car is running better :) .
jetjaguar99 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:19 pm
People on German T Roc forum reporting positive outcome after this most recent update.
If this update is really the answer, I'm not sure why it took 2 years to work it out and does it address each of the variants? Time will tell. :|
Time will tell but hopefully it's fixed - it is a very nice car let down by this issue so let's see.
T-Roc R-Line 1.5 TSI Manual
+ Deep Black Pearl
+ Lumbar support
+ Rear view cam
+ Beats-audio-pack

- (S1) Ordered 21.07.19
- (S2) With Factory 29.07.19
- (S3) Build Week 37 Confirmed 16.08.19
- (S5a) In Transit/Left Factory 13.09.19

T Roo
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 166 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm

jetjaguar99 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:51 pm
Time will tell but hopefully it's fixed - it is a very nice car let down by this issue so let's see.
I agree jj99. It is a lovely looking car with some great tech. I feel it should have been sorted (if it is!) without all this drama and disappointment ;) .

twist
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 335 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by twist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am

Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

mzracam74
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by mzracam74 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:20 am

Had mine in dealer end August for infotainment update and mentioned some hesitation issues. Got call from dealer 06sep that VW are working on further 'software' update. Fingers crossed this will finally get sorted for all affected.
1.5 SEL DSG 4 motion, Indium Grey. Ordered 09Feb19. Collected 14jun19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Tigermad » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:10 am

twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Thought you got an email from your detailer saying there was an update the other day for yours. What did they say when you asked them what was happening when they told you there isn’t one?
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

twist
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 335 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by twist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:34 am

Tigermad wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:10 am
twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Thought you got an email from your detailer saying there was an update the other day for yours. What did they say when you asked them what was happening when they told you there isn’t one?
So my situation is (annoyingly) a bit more complex. I bought the car from a dealer about 250 miles south but as I’m sure you can understand, I’m not prepared to drive 250 miles there and back for warranty stuff so I use a local VW dealership for that. But they’re totally useless. It was my original dealership who emailed me to tell me there is an update.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Tigermad » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:42 am

twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:34 am
Tigermad wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:10 am
twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Thought you got an email from your detailer saying there was an update the other day for yours. What did they say when you asked them what was happening when they told you there isn’t one?
So my situation is (annoyingly) a bit more complex. I bought the car from a dealer about 250 miles south but as I’m sure you can understand, I’m not prepared to drive 250 miles there and back for warranty stuff so I use a local VW dealership for that. But they’re totally useless. It was my original dealership who emailed me to tell me there is an update.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe you can call the original one up to say other dealers have no update yet apparently. Surely they would understand you want to go elsewhere due to the distance.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

User avatar
vernerbongo2
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 am

jetjaguar99 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:19 pm
People on German T Roc forum reporting positive outcome after this most recent update.
Seems to be on all forums only one or two people talking about this update, why so few :?:
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Post Reply