1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
User avatar
T Roc Chick
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 3:49 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roc Chick » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 am

twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:34 am
Tigermad wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:10 am
twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Thought you got an email from your detailer saying there was an update the other day for yours. What did they say when you asked them what was happening when they told you there isn’t one?
So my situation is (annoyingly) a bit more complex. I bought the car from a dealer about 250 miles south but as I’m sure you can understand, I’m not prepared to drive 250 miles there and back for warranty stuff so I use a local VW dealership for that. But they’re totally useless. It was my original dealership who emailed me to tell me there is an update.
I would contact VW and explain the situation. They should be able to tell the local dealer to do the update. The warranty is valid for any VW dealership.
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
Active info
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19

twist
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 335 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by twist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:31 am

T Roc Chick wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 am
I would contact VW and explain the situation. They should be able to tell the local dealer to do the update. The warranty is valid for any VW dealership.
Yeah, gonna call VW first thing Monday morning for clarification. Even considering just driving to Western VW over in Edinburgh to avoid this useless local Arnold Clark.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

User avatar
T Roc Chick
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 3:49 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roc Chick » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:49 am

twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:31 am
T Roc Chick wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 am
I would contact VW and explain the situation. They should be able to tell the local dealer to do the update. The warranty is valid for any VW dealership.
Yeah, gonna call VW first thing Monday morning for clarification. Even considering just driving to Western VW over in Edinburgh to avoid this useless local Arnold Clark.
I'd definitely drive a bit further just to avoid Arnold Clark :mrgreen:
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
Active info
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19

twist
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 335 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by twist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 am

T Roc Chick wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:49 am
twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:31 am
T Roc Chick wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 am
I would contact VW and explain the situation. They should be able to tell the local dealer to do the update. The warranty is valid for any VW dealership.
Yeah, gonna call VW first thing Monday morning for clarification. Even considering just driving to Western VW over in Edinburgh to avoid this useless local Arnold Clark.
I'd definitely drive a bit further just to avoid Arnold Clark :mrgreen:
Amen to that 👍
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

Kayi73
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:49 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Kayi73 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:36 pm

twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Twist have you spoken to Jenny about it?Mine is Nov 18 and i'm sure she said it's classed as MY19. The dealership called me last week to tell me a fix was on it's was and should be with them next week, I have started the rejection process now but obviously can have the fix.I have been told they are confident in it but it will not work on all chassis numbers

Karr3
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:31 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Karr3 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:08 pm

Kayi73 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:36 pm
twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Twist have you spoken to Jenny about it?Mine is Nov 18 and i'm sure she said it's classed as MY19. The dealership called me last week to tell me a fix was on it's was and should be with them next week, I have started the rejection process now but obviously can have the fix.I have been told they are confident in it but it will not work on all chassis numbers
Hi Kayi73
Has your dealership told you what the update is for?

Kayi73
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:49 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Kayi73 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Karr3 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:08 pm
Kayi73 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:36 pm
twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Twist have you spoken to Jenny about it?Mine is Nov 18 and i'm sure she said it's classed as MY19. The dealership called me last week to tell me a fix was on it's way and should be with them next week, I have started the rejection process now but obviously can have the fix.I have been told they are confident in it but it will not work on all chassis numbers
Hi Kayi73
Has your dealership told you what the update is for?
Mine has the roo when cold and it is to fix that,It had a fix put on in July but it didn't work.

twist
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 335 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by twist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Kayi73 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:36 pm
twist wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 am
Local dealership telling me now there is no update available for my model. Have VW withdrawn it? Anyone else with a MY19 had this latest update? The one released 2nd Sept.
Twist have you spoken to Jenny about it?Mine is Nov 18 and i'm sure she said it's classed as MY19. The dealership called me last week to tell me a fix was on it's was and should be with them next week, I have started the rejection process now but obviously can have the fix.I have been told they are confident in it but it will not work on all chassis numbers
Not yet. Jenny is no longer working on these cases by the way. She’s been moved to something else and now there’s a guy but I haven’t spoken to him yet and can’t remember his name. Think he’s due to call me Monday though so I will ask what’s going on.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Tigermad » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 pm

On the German forum this is the new update number that has worked for them 2048749/9.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

T Roo
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 166 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Tigermad wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 pm
On the German forum this is the new update number that has worked for them 2048749/9.
Not wishing to rain on the parade but there are several roo variants that affect the 1.5 and it seems unlikely that the current update will, or is even intended to, resolve them all.

The 2048749 sequence specifically addresses juddering issues in the warm-up phase and this won't resolve the first gear (hesitation) roo which is present whether the engine is hot or cold.

It might be that there will be reports of perceived successful (and unsuccessful) update depending on which version of the roo an owner might have :| .

Post Reply