All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Barnaclebob

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Barnaclebob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm

T Roo wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 pm
Tigermad wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 pm
On the German forum this is the new update number that has worked for them 2048749/9.
Not wishing to rain on the parade but there are several roo variants that affect the 1.5 and it seems unlikely that the current update will, or is even intended to, resolve them all.

The 2048749 sequence specifically addresses juddering issues in the warm-up phase and this won't resolve the first gear (hesitation) roo which is present whether the engine is hot or cold.

It might be that there will be reports of perceived successful (and unsuccessful) update depending on which version of the roo an owner might have :| .
Taking in what T Roo wrote above, this is where this thread on the forum can come onto its own... If everybody who gets updates for their specific variant of the roo (from hesitation, juddering, and actual kangarooing - whatever, and whether manual gearboxes or for those few DSG owners) can request the version of the update then we can collate those variants and their specific update versions... to see what VAG is doing to correct these problems.
As stated before, previously this info would be expected to be entered in the Service Book but since we no longer have one then you should request a printout of the work carried out - with the specific update version. Surely it’s your right to have this information.
T-Roc, SEL, 1.5 TSI, DSG, Indium Grey Metallic,
Winter Pack, Electric Tailgate.
Ordered 04-Mar-2019.
Bought 20-Mar-2019.

twist

Post by twist » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Got clarification from VW today. Turns out there is a new update and it has been released but supposedly the issue is that it’s released in German first, then needs “translated” for English. This is an oversimplification but as a software dev myself, I understood what he meant. He says it will be released for T-Rocs in the UK imminently but as usual, could not provide a specific date.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

Karr3

Post by Karr3 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Barnaclebob wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm
T Roo wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 pm
Tigermad wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 pm
On the German forum this is the new update number that has worked for them 2048749/9.
Not wishing to rain on the parade but there are several roo variants that affect the 1.5 and it seems unlikely that the current update will, or is even intended to, resolve them all.

The 2048749 sequence specifically addresses juddering issues in the warm-up phase and this won't resolve the first gear (hesitation) roo which is present whether the engine is hot or cold.

It might be that there will be reports of perceived successful (and unsuccessful) update depending on which version of the roo an owner might have :| .
Taking in what T Roo wrote above, this is where this thread on the forum can come onto its own... If everybody who gets updates for their specific variant of the roo (from hesitation, juddering, and actual kangarooing - whatever, and whether manual gearboxes or for those few DSG owners) can request the version of the update then we can collate those variants and their specific update versions... to see what VAG is doing to correct these problems.
As stated before, previously this info would be expected to be entered in the Service Book but since we no longer have one then you should request a printout of the work carried out - with the specific update version. Surely it’s your right to have this information.
My own Skoda dealership said they could not give me a name for the update I have booked in for, & that it was to investigate juddering. Another dealership told me "engine judder during warm up phase" but they have not seen my car & have already concluded my car does not gave a fault. Are VW customers given any paperwork with the details on as proof of the work carried out?

ChrisR

Post by ChrisR » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Karr3 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:04 pm
My own Skoda dealership said they could not give me a name for the update I have booked in for, & that it was to investigate juddering. Another dealership told me "engine judder during warm up phase" but they have not seen my car & have already concluded my car does not gave a fault. Are VW customers given any paperwork with the details on as proof of the work carried out?
My paperwork from my initial check by VW says the following "Checked for engine judder from cold as pulling away in 1st and 2nd gears. Carried out a guided fault test. No faults in system. All software latest versions. Carried out road test. Normal warm up operations, no work required."

Vehicle is now with them for second examination as part of rejection process, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.
SE 1.5 TSI Manual - Ravenna Blue
Received Jul 2019 - Rejected Aug 2019

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am

ChrisR wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:13 pm
Karr3 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:04 pm
My paperwork from my initial check by VW says the following "Checked for engine judder from cold as pulling away in 1st and 2nd gears. Carried out a guided fault test. No faults in system. All software latest versions. Carried out road test. Normal warm up operations, no work required."

Vehicle is now with them for second examination as part of rejection process, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.
If you're rejecting it, why are you picking it up this afternoon?

When I rejected my Audi Q2 and it went in for them to confirm the fault as part of the rejection process, I just left the vehicle and both keys with the service dept and never saw it again (until it appeared for sale on the dealer's website a couple of weeks later - low mileage, one careful owner).

Good luck!

Simon.

ChrisR

Post by ChrisR » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:30 am

SimonS wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am

When I rejected my Audi Q2 and it went in for them to confirm the fault as part of the rejection process, I just left the vehicle and both keys with the service dept and never saw it again (until it appeared for sale on the dealer's website a couple of weeks later - low mileage, one careful owner).

Good luck!

Simon.
It's there to confirm the fault, assuming they confirm it, I don't know what the process, although unfortunately the windscreen was broken last Friday so I need to replace that tomorrow in any case, so I'll have to take it away.

I'm unsure how the process works with regards to the rejection, as presumably you don't reject and get given your money back there and then. It would leave me in a predicament in terms of getting a replacement vehicle!
SE 1.5 TSI Manual - Ravenna Blue
Received Jul 2019 - Rejected Aug 2019

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:08 pm

ChrisR wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:30 am
SimonS wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am

Good luck!

Simon.
It's there to confirm the fault, assuming they confirm it, I don't know what the process, although unfortunately the windscreen was broken last Friday so I need to replace that tomorrow in any case, so I'll have to take it away.

I'm unsure how the process works with regards to the rejection, as presumably you don't reject and get given your money back there and then. It would leave me in a predicament in terms of getting a replacement vehicle!
Hi Chris,

The Consumer Rights Act says that you have to receive your refund within 14 days of the rejection being agreed. Funnily enough that is just about exactly how long my Audi dealer took to get the refund to me back in April.

I was fortunate enough to have another car in the family to use for the few days between dropping off the Q2 and picking up the replacement (a Hyundai Tucson, which is going great). I guess in your situation it's a bit more tricky as you need something to get around in.

Best regards,
Simon.

asultan

Post by asultan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 am

I did the upgrade yesterday. It is about TPI 2054430/3, released on Sept 3rd.

I owe a Tiguan 1.5 TSI DSG, 2019, week 20, with a DADA engine, ECU 05E 906 018 AF.
I have updated the software version from 7418 to 9834

The things have improved from the Roo perspective, the issue is not entirely fixed. It is just harder to reproduce. (sad face)

My OBDeleven device shows a change in terms of the rpms at idle. I.e. it now shows ~930 rpm, instead of ~800 as it was previously if I am not mistaken.

So, I am not sure if I am delivering good or bad news. The car behaves better, but I am not happy with the rpm settings change. I am not sure if I want to fight more with the dealer and VAG. Maybe I will, I don't know.

As a side note, if you don't know already, some people were advised to run 1000 km (600 miles) before the fix is fully functional. I don't think it will change in time, but let's see.
Tiguan 2019, 1.5 TSI ACT DSG

Tigermad

Post by Tigermad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 am

asultan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 am
I did the upgrade yesterday. It is about TPI 2054430/3, released on Sept 3rd.

I owe a Tiguan 1.5 TSI DSG, 2019, week 20, with a DADA engine, ECU 05E 906 018 AF.
I have updated the software version from 7418 to 9834

The things have improved from the Roo perspective, the issue is not entirely fixed. It is just harder to reproduce. (sad face)

My OBDeleven device shows a change in terms of the rpms at idle. I.e. it now shows ~930 rpm, instead of ~800 as it was previously if I am not mistaken.

So, I am not sure if I am delivering good or bad news. The car behaves better, but I am not happy with the rpm settings change. I am not sure if I want to fight more with the dealer and VAG. Maybe I will, I don't know.

As a side note, if you don't know already, some people were advised to run 1000 km (600 miles) before the fix is fully functional. I don't think it will change in time, but let's see.
A slight change at idle isn’t the end of the world is it? It was already reported on other posts this happens. I think it has to give the engine a bit more of a boost to try and stop the roo. Is the roo still there then or are you just not happy with the idle?
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

asultan

Post by asultan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 am

It's still there, but harder to reproduce. It is only one morning since I did the update, i.e. this morning. I was able to reproduce the Roo only once, while in the past, in the same conditions, I was seeing the Roo 4-5-6 times, or even more, during my short trip to the office. I think the conditions to reproduce it changed and I am still unaware of them.

I will probably be able to provide more input after more tests. But again, my first impression is that things improved.
Last edited by asultan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiguan 2019, 1.5 TSI ACT DSG