All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
niche

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:57 pm

SIMMO wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:04 am
S10CBM@AOL.COM wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:20 am
Having the same problem with my two month old 1.5evo t roc. Been back to dealer who said two service updates available which should clear the problem. Clearly it has not. Now what do I do?
Hi just about to order a car has the problem been fixed ? Many Thanks John
No. I spoke to VW HQ yesterday and the update is as it has been for months "we're working on a fix but don't have a confirmed timescale yet".

* Update - this has just come in to www.honestjohn.co.uk - so at least now your dealer can't say they're not aware of the problem.. *
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/owni ... o-engine/

I find it so bad I'm rejecting the car - as this is a significant fault, known at the time of sale to me which impacts our enjoyment and experience of driving the car. Also a few reports of people replacing clutches due to failure at stupidly low mileage (500 miles for example!) - which whilst not proven seems a connection.

I guess the trick is to know if your car will not have the issue - ie are they fixing all from point X or are they still producing cars with the problem? Given some people are fine it seems possible they have..?
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm

The garage today said they had no knowledge of any problems, what a crew.

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:35 pm

The garage today said they had no knowledge of any problems, what a crew. Many thanks for reply.

niche

Post by niche » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:53 pm

SIMMO wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:35 pm
The garage today said they had no knowledge of any problems, what a crew. Many thanks for reply.
That doesn't surprise me. Selling a car with a known fault prob isn't that well received .. I guess they are running out of places to hide now given this is breaking publicly now..

I'd be hopeful that they are engineering this out of newer cars - but that's only an assumption... at least you can know what you're looking for and inside 30 days if you have problems and don't want to deal with it, then you can simply return the car with no issues (Consumer Rights)..

Have you decided on your path yet? I just can't understand what's taking so long - unless as others have said, this is more complex to sort than a simple software update..
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi Niche
Emailed VW Head of UK, regarding fault and how one or two retailer told me today no knowledge of any Kangaroo issues, cant believe how they can be so un knowledgeable. or worse. Does not do VW image any good at all. Kia is looking the better option at the minute.

Going into the VW Garage tommorro, see what they have to say, I did stall the test drive last week but put it down to me and driving a new car. and again was told no issues.

May look at 2ltr model that seems fault free, as I do like the car its a shame. How do you find it !

Many Thanks for assistance.

John

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi all, I e-mailed VW Germany last week only to be fobbed off back to VW UK. I phoned them today and was told that a fix would be ready between April and June, that is 17 months since I collected my T-Roc. This is not acceptable, surely there is someone amongst us who has the knowledge and drive to organise and take this farcical situation further, all we are doing is talking and getting nowhere.

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi Tomahawk
It would appear VW has acknowledged a fault, what they do I do not know. it is on Honest John today, I was just about to buy a car as I do like the T ROc going into the showroom tommorro to see what they have to say the sad thing is they are denying any problem what so ever, not good for there image that's for sure.

How do you find the car generally.

Regards John

GolfR

Post by GolfR » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Does this issue affect the DSG as well or is it only the manual as my dad has just ordered a 1.5 T-Roc SEL DSG?

niche

Post by niche » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 pm

Tomahawk wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm
Hi all, I e-mailed VW Germany last week only to be fobbed off back to VW UK. I phoned them today and was told that a fix would be ready between April and June, that is 17 months since I collected my T-Roc. This is not acceptable, surely there is someone amongst us who has the knowledge and drive to organise and take this farcical situation further, all we are doing is talking and getting nowhere.
Well, personally I'm getting somewhere. The law (Consumer Rights Act 2015) is really clear:

A fault does not have to be a problem that renders the car undriveable, but it has to be significant. According to the Act, the ‘goods’ (i.e. – the car) must be “of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and free from any defect”.

These terms can be debated in legal circles for eternity, but we are more interested in the simple practical terms. To reject your car under the Consumer Rights Act, the fault generally has to be preventing the car from doing its job properly.

So you don't have to accept it if you have it.

Whether to buy one is harder- the "April" at the earliest is too late for me. I hate driving it from the off.

In answer to the "how else is it" - its great. The tech is awesome - the SE and above has loads of kit which makes it fun and enjoyable - but for me these can't make the underlying issue go away.

I guess everyone has their own situation, driving locations , routine etc. For me mine is all hills and roundabouts and I struggle - despite 30 + years of driving. It improves once warm but I do a lot of short journeys so I have lots of "cold" starts. Bottom line for me is I don't expect or have to put up with this for a £20k+ car. The key question is whether the DSG is better. Several people say they have the problem but most say not - so my next step is to try one and then if I did get one as a replacement I'll be looking to test it a lot before i drive it away and if any problems within 30 days return it without question..

Good luck if you're in this mess too and you have one as bad as mine..

niche

Post by niche » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:31 pm

GolfR wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:37 pm
Does this issue affect the DSG as well or is it only the manual as my dad has just ordered a 1.5 T-Roc SEL DSG?
That's my new focus. If you search you'll see some people say there are problems with DSG, most seem to say not.

How can we get a definitive I guess is the new question.. probably by driving one and driving the one you intend to buy very carefully and with good focus!