1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Rustymage

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Rustymage » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:22 pm

I should be hearing from the dealer tomorrow. They've said I can continue to use the car until then - not that they have any way to stop me but to show I'm willing to reduce the value reduction in the car I think it's a nice gesture from myself.

I don't really have any gut feeling from their responses at the moment but they've said they are processing it. They did ask if I'd consider a swap to something else (like the diesel) and I said I was open but the rejection is still to go ahead as there was nothing when I looked. I very much doubt there is anything now in the mk7.5. Especially not in the top line spec.

I'll update when I know more! Good luck to those who are still awaiting 1.5 collections...

twist

Post by twist » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:16 pm

Rustymage wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:22 pm
I should be hearing from the dealer tomorrow. They've said I can continue to use the car until then - not that they have any way to stop me but to show I'm willing to reduce the value reduction in the car I think it's a nice gesture from myself.

I don't really have any gut feeling from their responses at the moment but they've said they are processing it. They did ask if I'd consider a swap to something else (like the diesel) and I said I was open but the rejection is still to go ahead as there was nothing when I looked. I very much doubt there is anything now in the mk7.5. Especially not in the top line spec.

I'll update when I know more! Good luck to those who are still awaiting 1.5 collections...
At least they seem to be playing ball for now which is more than can be said for some dealers. Rejection is a huge PITA but ultimately worth it if the car makes you miserable.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

twist

Post by twist » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:28 pm

So I don’t want to jinx it but I picked up my replacement T-Roc today and the difference in performance was astounding. I realize the possibility this may change but even the low-speed “holding onto” gears and jerkyness I experienced from day 1 with my first T-Roc were nonexistent in this car. It drove like an absolute dream. Gear shifts were buttery smooth up and down the range and even from a cold start (I checked the engine bay: cold as ice) acceleration was excellent with no hint of stutter, which is not something I could say at any point with the last one, even after an hour on the motorway.

Early days obviously but I may finally - after a stressful year - have the car I should have had from day 1. Fingers crossed it stays like this. Even after the last software update my first T-Roc had which seemed to cure it before it went back to its old tricks, it was nowhere near as smooth as this.

I don’t mean to rub salt in the wound for current sufferers, I’m just updating those familiar with my horrible experience.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Rustymage

Post by Rustymage » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Brilliant news your car is good so far :mrgreen:

For me, the dealer has contacted me today and asked for permission to settle the finance. They’ve been brilliant so far, I could not fault the service to date. They want to find me a replacement but are aware that I’ve got a deadline of the end of March (other manufacturer offers) and know I’ve looked elsewhere so they are moving swiftly.

I should know more on Tuesday. They’ve said they need to sort out costing as it’s complicated for them, which I can appreciate.

:)

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Great news twist, your patience has at last been rewarded. And good news for you too rusty; at least your dealer is trying, good luck :D

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 am

Great news rustymage and twist ;)
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Helen657

Post by Helen657 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 am

Great news Twist!!!
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI DSG
White silver, Quartz/Ceramique Leather, Electric tailgate, Winter pack, Rear camera, Side assist+ with rear traffic alert.
Ordered 18/9/18
Build wk 11/3/19
In transit 8/3/19
Arrived UK 19/3/19
Collected 4/4/19

Twarden

Post by Twarden » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Well after 2 years and 31k+ my T-Roc 1.5 manual has been cured of its kangaroo first gear. New injectors fitted and so far, so good. It’s a bit like having a new car. Thank you to my local dealer, Sinclair of Cardiff who have been first class.

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Can't understand why new injectors haven't been tried before ... there have been plenty of suggestions in the forum to do so.

I wonder if the injectors have been redesigned ? Any chance your dealer could tell you if they are the same part number as the originals.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Surely it couldn't be as simple as this :roll:
What about the work it took for the software updates?
Would be great if it was a fix though.

Impala guru, how much would a set of injectors cost?
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P