1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Deleted User 925

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Deleted User 925 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:20 pm

AnkaProduction wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:36 am
No, I don't have any obd device. I checked the version on the panel.
That's your infotainment system software version. (panel as you call it)

twist

Post by twist » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 pm

AnkaProduction wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 am
Hello guys, 2 days ago i got kangorooing just once. but never happened before. so i read messages here and i checked my software version and its 0890. is it newer or older? do you guys have any idea? thanks..
When was your car built? Manual or DSG?
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

AnkaProduction

Post by AnkaProduction » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:24 am

twist wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 pm
AnkaProduction wrote:
Hello guys, 2 days ago i got kangorooing just once. but never happened before. so i read messages here and i checked my software version and its 0890. is it newer or older? do you guys have any idea? thanks..
It's 2019 highline DSG. If obd device is a must, so i have to find one. But i cant find obd11 in my country. Can i use any obd2 device to see that info?

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:46 am

AnkaProduction wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:24 am
twist wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 pm
AnkaProduction wrote:
It's 2019 highline DSG. If obd device is a must, so i have to find one. But i cant find obd11 in my country. Can i use any obd2 device to see that info?
Any ob2 diagnostic device or if you know a mechanic who has one.
If it only does it the odd time I wouldn't worry otherwise just go back to volkswagen with it :P

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:03 pm

Anyone know when this latest update was actually issued to solve this, my car was updated beginning of feb and still at times has a problem.I’m hoping that a newer update is available so I can get it resolved once and for all.
T-Roc R-Line 1.5 TSI 150PS Manual -Indium Grey/Met Black
‘Beats', Electric boot lid, lumbar support, Rear-view camera

Ordered: 09/04/19
Stage 2: 12/04/19
Stage 3: 25/04/19
Stage 5: 25/05/19
Stage 6: 04/06/19
Stage 7: 06/06/19
Handover: 07/09/19

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:34 pm

Mutley wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:03 pm
Anyone know when this latest update was actually issued to solve this, my car was updated beginning of feb and still at times has a problem.I’m hoping that a newer update is available so I can get it resolved once and for all.
I think volkswagen has went as far as they're going with the updates now that they have the engine sorted, sod everyone else :?
Never heard anyone with the updates say it was completely solved, some improved and indeed some rejected their T-Roc's after the updates.

LewisFernandes

Post by LewisFernandes » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi everyone.

I’m due to pick up my new ( from current stock) T Roc from my dealer tomorrow midday, and although I am very excited, I am also very nervous about experiencing the kangarooing problems. My partner test drove it and said she didn’t feel anything but that was only a shirt test drive on a hot day.

It’s a 1.5 TSI EVO, Manual.

I was hoping someone could tell me some things to look out for tomorrow. The right kind of questions to ask and things to look for etc. Engine numbers somewhere, how do I check for updates.... things like this. Would much rather be able to find out if there is a potential issue before I drive away for good, and then have a fight on my hands giving it back.

Thanks a bunch. I really hope It’s ok!

Lewis

Rustymage

Post by Rustymage » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:03 pm

For me, it was when the engine was cold and the ambient conditions weren’t too hot, winter was best. Pulling away and keeping to low speeds with no clutch work in 1st gear, almost like you’re manoeuvring around a car park got mine to do it. Upon pulling away from a standstill in junctions etc was still a little problematic but not horrendous.

I had a manual and returned it at 767 miles.

Interestingly I spoke to a sales manager today and he didn’t seem surprised I had the issue. I couldn’t read anything more from his reaction and statement except from the fact they know about it.

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 pm

LewisFernandes wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:44 pm
Hi everyone.

I’m due to pick up my new ( from current stock) T Roc from my dealer tomorrow midday, and although I am very excited, I am also very nervous about experiencing the kangarooing problems. My partner test drove it and said she didn’t feel anything but that was only a shirt test drive on a hot day.

It’s a 1.5 TSI EVO, Manual.

I was hoping someone could tell me some things to look out for tomorrow. The right kind of questions to ask and things to look for etc. Engine numbers somewhere, how do I check for updates.... things like this. Would much rather be able to find out if there is a potential issue before I drive away for good, and then have a fight on my hands giving it back.

Thanks a bunch. I really hope It’s ok!

Lewis
Check VIN number on windscreen right hand side. MY20 models have the new engine and should be OK. No volkswagen logo on the plastic engine cover either.

The VIN gives the model year, and will look like this...

WVGZZZA1ZLV######

###### represents a unique 6-digit serial number.

The VIN plate is visible from outside the car at the bottom right of the windscreen when viewed from the front of the car (passenger side for UK cars).

The highlighted L (the 10th character) in the above represents the model year, which runs from 1st August to 31st July the following year.

L is the code for cars built between 1/8/19 and 31/7/20 and the codes for the other model years are as follows;

H MY17 (08-16 to 07-17)
J MY18 (08-17 to 07-18)
K MY19 (08-18 to 07-19)
L MY20 (08-19 to 07-20)

LewisFernandes

Post by LewisFernandes » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:35 pm

Amazing Thankyou Rusty & Verner.

Since my post, I’ve read Almost the entire thread, there is a mind boggling amount of info and useful stuff. So thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences and wisdom.

HOPEFULLY I can enjoy the car and be optimistic, in the light of MY20 cars seeming to be ok. I wish I never found out about this issue, I probably would’ve Been one of the drovers to never realise and accept it as a quirk.

Well, I will confirm the year of this car tomorrow. And then will update on how I find it. Hopefully I really with a short and positive message, and not a brand new case to Rooing! I wouldn’t want to spoil the party, I haven’t seen anyone with a MY20 T Roc have any issues yet. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for your wealth of info guys!

Lewis