1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Impala

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Impala » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:41 pm

I had 2-cylinder mode on my Golf 1.4 for 5 years and it was totally imperceptible. My T-Roc is exactly the same, I never feel any change as it turns on and off - completely smooth and no hint of vibration.

The fact that this topic is now very seldom updated since MY20 cars appeared (nearly a year ago), suggests the original kangaroo issue has been resolved and the vibration you describe suggests this is something different.

As was discussed in this topic many, many months ago, the kangaroo is a symptom which might have many possible causes, so I think you need to follow up with the dealer to allow them to properly diagnose the issue now that they have confirmed there is a problem.

It could be an injector or ignition problem.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

golfhp

Post by golfhp » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:38 am

Impala wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:41 pm
I had 2-cylinder mode on my Golf 1.4 for 5 years and it was totally imperceptible. My T-Roc is exactly the same, I never feel any change as it turns on and off - completely smooth and no hint of vibration.

The fact that this topic is now very seldom updated since MY20 cars appeared (nearly a year ago), suggests the original kangaroo issue has been resolved and the vibration you describe suggests this is something different.

As was discussed in this topic many, many months ago, the kangaroo is a symptom which might have many possible causes, so I think you need to follow up with the dealer to allow them to properly diagnose the issue now that they have confirmed there is a problem.

It could be an injector or ignition problem.
I said that i have kangaroo AND vibrations in 2-cylinder mode. Kangaroo is present only about 2 minutes after start.
They think in Aso that both things are software issue.
This theme isn't aktive here but on another forums are people with my20 cars and have problems with kangaroo. Problems are smaller but definitely still present.

Rodknock

Post by Rodknock » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:10 am

I also have a MY20 Seat Leon with these problems.
I'm spanish and we're discussing this on our own forum for this model. We're several guys with 1.5TSI EVO DPCA 9596 software version with the same problems posted here, regarding kangaroo on the first 2 minutes when cold, present if you don't wait for the rpm to drop during the heat up phase.

Also, when the car switches between 4 and 2 cyl mode, a little vibration (mini kangaroo I would say) appears, very very annoying when driving on the city.

My Seat dealership told me that he has heard about a campaign (idk how you call it on english), regarding injectors, so maybe they're making moves, but the thing is that he didn't know to which cars this injectors change will apply, for what cause, or on which engines.
Also I can't trust his words as they lied several times on my face. They say my car is completely fine and they 'can't replicate' the things I told em. They just deny facts..

Warranty still running and no solution whatsoever, it's ridiculous.

twist

Post by twist » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:51 pm

Rodknock wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:10 am
I also have a MY20 Seat Leon with these problems.
I'm spanish and we're discussing this on our own forum for this model. We're several guys with 1.5TSI EVO DPCA 9596 software version with the same problems posted here, regarding kangaroo on the first 2 minutes when cold, present if you don't wait for the rpm to drop during the heat up phase.

Also, when the car switches between 4 and 2 cyl mode, a little vibration (mini kangaroo I would say) appears, very very annoying when driving on the city.

My Seat dealership told me that he has heard about a campaign (idk how you call it on english), regarding injectors, so maybe they're making moves, but the thing is that he didn't know to which cars this injectors change will apply, for what cause, or on which engines.
Also I can't trust his words as they lied several times on my face. They say my car is completely fine and they 'can't replicate' the things I told em. They just deny facts..

Warranty still running and no solution whatsoever, it's ridiculous.
This behavior is exactly why I’ll never buy a new VAG car again. They are criminals.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:45 pm

twist wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:51 pm
This behavior is exactly why I’ll never buy a new VAG car again. They are criminals.
The trouble is, all the manufacturers are most probably the same.
A brand is the bee's knees whilst there are no problems :P
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

twist

Post by twist » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:24 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:45 pm
twist wrote:
The trouble is, all the manufacturers are most probably the same.
A brand is the bee's knees whilst there are no problems :P
It’s not the problems that I have a problem with: it’s the attitude toward the problems.

My dad has a Range Rover and has had loads of problems (no surprise there!) But they’ve acknowledged all the problems, fixed them promptly and haven’t made him jump through hoops to get a resolution. In fact they gave him a free service for the trouble. Can anyone honestly see VAG doing anything like that? They wouldn’t even give me back the £199 for 2x services when I rejected, despite never using either.

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:14 pm

twist wrote:

Why did you buy a second one after rejecting your first ?
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Impala wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:14 pm
twist wrote:

The thought did cross my mind too :lol: :lol:
He wasn't left without a car though ;)
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

twist

Post by twist » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:04 am

Impala wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:14 pm
twist wrote:

I didn’t want to have to go through more car specifications to find an alternative when I was already left without a car. I was burnt out from arguing with dealerships and customer services. I wanted a replacement order in ASAP to minimize delay. I just wanted 4 wheels back on my drive and the offer of an R-line for nearly the same price as I got the SEL was too good to miss. If cars weren’t such long waits from order, I may well have bought something different and when I want to trade this in, I’m not under any pressure as I own it and won’t be without wheels while the new one is being built.

vento2012

Post by vento2012 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:20 am

Hello All,
As you folks may be aware , VW has launched T-Roc in India recently. It's a 7 speed DSG (DQ200) variant with 1.5 EVO engine with ACT. Having driven the showroom car a few kilometers in a stretch full of speed breakers ( or humps as we call them here ) and pot holes ( our city roads are notorious ), I experienced the following:

1. my foot was off the accelerator for most part and the gearbox was in D2
2. The gearbox suddenly decided to switch to D1 and the RPM shot up to around 1600 .
There was a jerky feeling inside the cabin. I could replicate this behavior and made a video record.
3. Then the gearbox was again back to D2.

Pardon the quality of the video, but I believe it shows the issue I faced.

I was wondering if this issue is similar to the kangaroo issue some of you are facing on the cars with DSG as well; the issue being prevalent among the cars with manual gearbox. By the way, are the cars manufactured in 2020 free from this issue ?

admins / mods:
Since there is lot of experience with the kangaroo issue among the T-Roc owners here, I thought of clarifying my doubt here, since I have been following this thread since quite sometime.

thanks.