1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
ianchelt
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by ianchelt » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi All... Left my car with the dealer overnight and picked it up this afternoon. They have officially confirmed that the kangarooing fault is present on my car and falls into the category of a previously registered/official VW fault log that that was created by VW on 4th Oct 2018. Previous updates from the factory suggest that VW are well aware of the issue and are actively working on a "fix". Having registered the fault on my T-Roc means that the dealer will be notified when the "fix" has been issued. There is no time frame on this issue... but it has been around since 4th Oct 2018.
Suggest that for those you you that are experiencing this fault on their cars... get your dealer to recognise it so they can log it on the system. My guess is that there are probably 100's if not 1000's out there with this fault and many of them are "putting up with it".

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG - White/Black

SIMMO
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:38 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by SIMMO » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:03 am

ianchelt wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:32 pm
AV82 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 pm
Impala, just found this on the internet for VW cars. Build info included in VIN.

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-yo ... acture-vin
HiYa... Just checked this list against my VIN number... Unfortunately it doesn't match my kangarooing T-Roc at all....

My VIN begins VWGZZZZA1Z........ So don't fit aware with this list from team-bhp.com

However, what I do have in my possession is a form called a "Vehicle Detail" form which lists the production date of my car as 24th October 2018.


A little more information, gleaned but must stress only verbal, has any of the cars been factory spec or from general stock , at the factory. has the car been standing for a while after manufacture.

It would also seem the fault when it occurs has no one logical defect, being totally random and may be a product of more than one thing that on occasions line up to cause the effect to some cars.

Lucypoulton
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Lucypoulton » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am

Hey does or did anyone have a 1.5 petrol R-Line 1.5 auto that kangaroos?
I’ve been given one whilst I’m going through the rejection process of my 1.5 petrol SE auto, they did give a 2 litre which was fine but super juicy in petrol

Bikersteve10
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Bikersteve10 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:50 am

I too am one of the unfortunate owners of the Rooooing effect. Purchased mine in August 18, and finally yesterday had my local VW dealership take a look. Surprisingly they had no knowledge of this issue?? The workshop manage accompanied me on a test drive and agreed there is definitely a problem which is now logged with VW. the same as other owners, no time scale can be given for a fix and was told the fault could be electrical or software. I am considering my options as to whether to return the car to VW asking for a refund. May even consider looking at the 1.0 engine as there does not appear to be any problems with those models?

niche
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Bikersteve10 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:50 am
I too am one of the unfortunate owners of the Rooooing effect. Purchased mine in August 18, and finally yesterday had my local VW dealership take a look. Surprisingly they had no knowledge of this issue?? The workshop manage accompanied me on a test drive and agreed there is definitely a problem which is now logged with VW. the same as other owners, no time scale can be given for a fix and was told the fault could be electrical or software. I am considering my options as to whether to return the car to VW asking for a refund. May even consider looking at the 1.0 engine as there does not appear to be any problems with those models?
Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure where you stand re returning after 6 months. Technically (Consumer Rights 2015) you have less rights but others on here have found VW to be supportive even after a year - so prob best to check with the dealer. Several people in this thread have said 1.0's are fine., which makes sense given we know its a 1.5 Evo engine issue..
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 - Now Pondering next steps

niche
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:22 pm

Lucypoulton wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am
Hey does or did anyone have a 1.5 petrol R-Line 1.5 auto that kangaroos?
I’ve been given one whilst I’m going through the rejection process of my 1.5 petrol SE auto, they did give a 2 litre which was fine but super juicy in petrol
I test drove one the other weekend Lucy and it was fine - but surely its just the trim/suspension etc that's different so you have the same "lottery" to contend with that we can't yet decode.. as to whether it will Roo and how badly..?
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 - Now Pondering next steps

Dlc
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Dlc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm

I picked up my t-roc on Friday and have covered over 300 miles throughout the weekend. I was in the highlands of Scotland, where it froze overnight and was 3 degrees through the morning. No sign of any kangaroos 😂. I admit I was really worried about getting the 1.5 manual and had nearly cancelled a couple of times, but I am glad to say I didn't and am delighted with the new t-roc. It is super comfortable to sit in and drive and it is lovely and smooth on the road, with plenty of go.
T roc 1.5 manual Design with reversing camera and keyless entry. Tumeric yellow with oak brown roof.
Ordered 21/08/2018
Build date 14/01/19
In UK 28/01/19
Collection March 2019.

Bellasdad
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:18 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Bellasdad » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Dlc wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm
I picked up my t-roc on Friday and have covered over 300 miles throughout the weekend. I was in the highlands of Scotland, where it froze overnight and was 3 degrees through the morning. No sign of any kangaroos 😂. I admit I was really worried about getting the 1.5 manual and had nearly cancelled a couple of times, but I am glad to say I didn't and am delighted with the new t-roc. It is super comfortable to sit in and drive and it is lovely and smooth on the road, with plenty of go.
That’s excellent news Dic, I’m really pleased you stuck with it and didn’t cancel your order.
Fortune favours the brave as they say but obviously it looks as though it can be somewhat of a lottery at the moment.
It’s good to hear from another satisfied customer :D
T-Roc R Line 1.5 manual. White silver with black roof.

Swsgm30
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Swsgm30 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Bellasdad wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm
Dlc wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm
I picked up my t-roc on Friday and have covered over 300 miles throughout the weekend. I was in the highlands of Scotland, where it froze overnight and was 3 degrees through the morning. No sign of any kangaroos 😂. I admit I was really worried about getting the 1.5 manual and had nearly cancelled a couple of times, but I am glad to say I didn't and am delighted with the new t-roc. It is super comfortable to sit in and drive and it is lovely and smooth on the road, with plenty of go.
That’s excellent news Dic, I’m really pleased you stuck with it and didn’t cancel your order.
Fortune favours the brave as they say but obviously it looks as though it can be somewhat of a lottery at the moment.
It’s good to hear from another satisfied customer :D
Ditto, I've been lucky too, not a blemish, we are delighted with the car :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)
Probably too cold for 'Roos in Scotland ;)
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual 5 Door.
Pure White/Black
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps
Delivery - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
T Roo
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Dlc wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm
I picked up my t-roc on Friday and have covered over 300 miles throughout the weekend. I was in the highlands of Scotland, where it froze overnight and was 3 degrees through the morning. No sign of any kangaroos 😂. I admit I was really worried about getting the 1.5 manual and had nearly cancelled a couple of times, but I am glad to say I didn't and am delighted with the new t-roc. It is super comfortable to sit in and drive and it is lovely and smooth on the road, with plenty of go.
LuCkY yOu. i Am tYpInG tHiS iN The pAsSeNgEr SeAt oF my 1.5 Tsi eVo.

Ah good, we're out of first gear now. :mrgreen:
T-Roo 1.5 tsi emoo
indium grey metallic
hard plastic fascia pack
kangaroo pack
mooing brakes pack
VW indifference pack

Post Reply