All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
niche

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by niche » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm

T Roo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:55 pm
Dlc wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm
I picked up my t-roc on Friday and have covered over 300 miles throughout the weekend. I was in the highlands of Scotland, where it froze overnight and was 3 degrees through the morning. No sign of any kangaroos 😂. I admit I was really worried about getting the 1.5 manual and had nearly cancelled a couple of times, but I am glad to say I didn't and am delighted with the new t-roc. It is super comfortable to sit in and drive and it is lovely and smooth on the road, with plenty of go.
LuCkY yOu. i Am tYpInG tHiS iN The pAsSeNgEr SeAt oF my 1.5 Tsi eVo.

Ah good, we're out of first gear now. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the comedy T Roo - I'm glad you can see the funny side! I do love your signature..! I am pleased for Dic though! Lottery is the new word of the week I think..
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 - Now Pondering next steps

nollaig

Post by nollaig » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Swsgm30 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:07 pm
Bellasdad wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm
Dlc wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm
I picked up my t-roc on Friday and have covered over 300 miles throughout the weekend. I was in the highlands of Scotland, where it froze overnight and was 3 degrees through the morning. No sign of any kangaroos 😂. I admit I was really worried about getting the 1.5 manual and had nearly cancelled a couple of times, but I am glad to say I didn't and am delighted with the new t-roc. It is super comfortable to sit in and drive and it is lovely and smooth on the road, with plenty of go.
That’s excellent news Dic, I’m really pleased you stuck with it and didn’t cancel your order.
Fortune favours the brave as they say but obviously it looks as though it can be somewhat of a lottery at the moment.
It’s good to hear from another satisfied customer :D
Ditto, I've been lucky too, not a blemish, we are delighted with the car :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)
Probably too cold for 'Roos in Scotland ;)
That’s really encouraging Dic, let’s hope VAG’s production engineers are getting to grips with this issue prior to announcing a fix. My 1.5 manual is in transit at present so I’m looking forward to its arrival while still slightly apprehensive.

It’s also good to hear that you find it drives smoothly on the far from perfect roads in the Scottish Highlands, since that’s where I live. The further away from ‘Roos the better!
T-Roc Design 1.5 TSI EVO pure white/dark oak
17" Mayfield black, winter pack, lumbar support, pre-crash, active info, rear camera, driver profile, side assist plus, LED headlights
ordered 4/12/18
build week 11/3/19
in transit 5/3/19
in UK 21/3/19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:41 am

niche wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm
Thanks for the comedy T Roo - I'm glad you can see the funny side! I do love your signature..! I am pleased for Dic though! Lottery is the new word of the week I think..
Thanks niche. Actually, I'm seething about the kangaroo problem because VW have had plenty of time to get it sorted.

I am genuinely pleased for those who have got the car that they paid for but VW have invited negativity and they are going to get it until they haul ass :evil:
T-Roo 1.5 tsi emoo
indium grey metallic
hard plastic fascia pack
kangaroo pack
mooing brakes pack
VW indifference pack

niche

Post by niche » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:38 am

T Roo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:41 am
niche wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm
Thanks niche. Actually, I'm seething about the kangaroo problem because VW have had plenty of time to get it sorted.

I am genuinely pleased for those who have got the car that they paid for but VW have invited negativity and they are going to get it until they haul ass :evil:
Yes indeed. I guess my point was more that you can at least, at times, see the funny side. The 'VW Indifference" was what resonated most with me.

I was really frustrated and infact remain amazed at how poorly VW continue to handle this situation., especially when I read the steady stream of "my dealer didn't know.." type posts. That's just so ridiculous a situation to be in.

I parked close to a clearly proud owner of a 19 plate T-Roo at the weekend and noticed them struggling to park on a hill, I could tell it was a manual from the various attempts at gear changes conducted. We had a chat with the owner who was really pleased with the car (as was I) but he was surprised to be advised the "problems" he'd experienced were most likely not entirely due to the "newness" of the car. Maybe he'll pop up on here, I told him what to google for. I'm completely fine with personal choice etc, but to receive a car and to have no idea re what we're now calling the "lottery" is frankly outrageous in my mind.

Anyway. Good luck with your endeavours. I have to say I'm looking forward to be able to watch things from afar and enjoy my new car experience as it was supposed to me with another manufacturer..!
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 - Now Pondering next steps

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm

niche wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:38 am

Yes indeed. I guess my point was more that you can at least, at times, see the funny side. The 'VW Indifference" was what resonated most with me.

I was really frustrated and infact remain amazed at how poorly VW continue to handle this situation., especially when I read the steady stream of "my dealer didn't know.." type posts. That's just so ridiculous a situation to be in.

I parked close to a clearly proud owner of a 19 plate T-Roo at the weekend and noticed them struggling to park on a hill, I could tell it was a manual from the various attempts at gear changes conducted. We had a chat with the owner who was really pleased with the car (as was I) but he was surprised to be advised the "problems" he'd experienced were most likely not entirely due to the "newness" of the car. Maybe he'll pop up on here, I told him what to google for. I'm completely fine with personal choice etc, but to receive a car and to have no idea re what we're now calling the "lottery" is frankly outrageous in my mind.

Anyway. Good luck with your endeavours. I have to say I'm looking forward to be able to watch things from afar and enjoy my new car experience as it was supposed to me with another manufacturer..!
The "VW Indifference" stems from their initial reluctance to accept that there is a 'kangaroo' problem, then, when they did concede there is an issue, they say there is no fix and they have no idea when a fix may come. To me, that smacks of "we have your money, now bugger off".

Their latest kindness is that they'll check with me in Summer to see if the car is still playing up. Well, imho, although there is much to like about the T-Roc, bouncing down the road like Tigger is a serious fault and it is not going to go away by magic. Perhaps, Brexit-style, they are running down my warranty?

I hope you stay on the forum niche even though you've ditched the Roo :mrgreen: .
T-Roo 1.5 tsi emoo
indium grey metallic
hard plastic fascia pack
kangaroo pack
mooing brakes pack
VW indifference pack

niche

Post by niche » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:34 pm

T Roo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm
niche wrote:

The "VW Indifference" stems from their initial reluctance to accept that there is a 'kangaroo' problem, then, when they did concede there is an issue, they say there is no fix and they have no idea when a fix may come. To me, that smacks of "we have your money, now bugger off".

Their latest kindness is that they'll check with me in Summer to see if the car is still playing up. Well, imho, although there is much to like about the T-Roc, bouncing down the road like Tigger is a serious fault and it is not going to go away by magic. Perhaps, Brexit-style, they are running down my warranty?

I hope you stay on the forum niche even though you've ditched the Roo :mrgreen: .
I can't help but smile when I read your posts T Roo. The Tigger line is another classic. How do you find driving it then? I've read of many here so seem to have what I'd call a "mild dose" vs my "full on awful" variant. Are you prepared to wait it out and hope it'll be sorted? I was concerned of reading other people's clutch issues and to be fair it just wasn't viable to drive safely where I live (close to several major junctions which we'd started to planning to avoid where we could at rush hour - before calling out ourselves for the nonsense!).

I'm still in the throws of exiting from this unfortunately so I'm still checking in. I guess to some degree I was hoping to see some magic appearing, whilst appreciating it was unlikely this soon. SIMMO certainly shared your concern re the Warranty.

What confuses me most is how they are still getting such variability. My random meeting of an apparent 10 day old car last week still shows me "new" ones are coming out poorly, yet others receiving March cars seem fine. I guess in reality unless we track the build data and manage to correlate some combination of things we don't yet fully understand this "lottery" as its appearing will just continue..

Do let us know your plans - I'm sure others in this dilemma are still deciding, and those not yet with cars or experiencing the issues are hoping they are the lucky ones!

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm

T Roo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm
niche wrote:

What I find difficult, is some dealers not admitting the problem until pushed, Audi Seat in particular, and None of the tabloids running with the story, then we would see VW take it seriously one suspects.

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:27 am

niche wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:34 pm

I can't help but smile when I read your posts T Roo. The Tigger line is another classic. How do you find driving it then? I've read of many here so seem to have what I'd call a "mild dose" vs my "full on awful" variant. Are you prepared to wait it out and hope it'll be sorted? I was concerned of reading other people's clutch issues and to be fair it just wasn't viable to drive safely where I live (close to several major junctions which we'd started to planning to avoid where we could at rush hour - before calling out ourselves for the nonsense!).

I'm still in the throws of exiting from this unfortunately so I'm still checking in. I guess to some degree I was hoping to see some magic appearing, whilst appreciating it was unlikely this soon. SIMMO certainly shared your concern re the Warranty.

What confuses me most is how they are still getting such variability. My random meeting of an apparent 10 day old car last week still shows me "new" ones are coming out poorly, yet others receiving March cars seem fine. I guess in reality unless we track the build data and manage to correlate some combination of things we don't yet fully understand this "lottery" as its appearing will just continue..

Do let us know your plans - I'm sure others in this dilemma are still deciding, and those not yet with cars or experiencing the issues are hoping they are the lucky ones!
This is the quandary. As soon as the car is out of first gear, the ride is smooth and the performance is fine. It's a good-looker and suits my usage. BUT, the 2 tigger workarounds (over-revving/slipping the clutch or letting the clutch out without touching the accelerator) do not make for relaxing, safe, driving technique nor can they be doing the car any good. Eventually this will probably convert into "a wear and tear" bill when it shouldn't.

Despite their damaged 'defeat device' reputation, I believe that VW will do the right thing by its customers :| .
SIMMO wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm
What I find difficult, is some dealers not admitting the problem until pushed, Audi Seat in particular, and None of the tabloids running with the story, then we would see VW take it seriously one suspects.
Mighty oaks from little acorns grow. If we keep watering the seed, it will grow into something bigger :mrgreen:
T-Roo 1.5 tsi emoo
indium grey metallic
hard plastic fascia pack
kangaroo pack
mooing brakes pack
VW indifference pack

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 am

T Roo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:27 am
niche wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:34 pm

This is the quandary. As soon as the car is out of first gear, the ride is smooth and the performance is fine. It's a good-looker and suits my usage. BUT, the 2 tigger workarounds (over-revving/slipping the clutch or letting the clutch out without touching the accelerator) do not make for relaxing, safe, driving technique nor can they be doing the car any good. Eventually this will probably convert into "a wear and tear" bill when it shouldn't.

Despite their damaged 'defeat device' reputation, I believe that VW will do the right thing by its customers :| .
SIMMO wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm
Mighty oaks from little acorns grow. If we keep watering the seed, it will grow into something bigger :mrgreen:
Hi T Roo & Nich well put, the test drive we had on the new T Roc 1.5 tsi proved ok for the 20min run around, however the Dealer honestly said he can not be sure of engine status as nothing really new from VW.
Very sad and dont think its ever going to change, if a fix is forthcoming it will be quietly slipped in one suspects. I guess its up to the individual to evaluate and except the risk, we couldn't and declined the car with no issues from the dealer who has behaved impeccably. However the car will be on sale im sure. My greatest concern was re appearance of any fault at a latter date and again the dealer could not confirm as no details from VW. The 1.5 tsi is also going in the new VW Crossover so the range effected is huge. Good luck wish you well.

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Interestingly...Whilst I was talking to the Service Engineer at my local dealer (to look at Roo in action), he mentioned this his own personally owned (just purchased) Golf 1.5Tsi Manual was displaying the same characteristics. I think he (or his wife) is just putting up with it as she loves the car!

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG (Thankfully DSG as this seems to have a taming affect on the Roo. - I can't imagine how a manual box copes1)