1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Impala

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Impala » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:25 pm

ianchelt wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 pm
Interestingly...Whilst I was talking to the Service Engineer at my local dealer (to look at Roo in action), he mentioned this his own personally owned (just purchased) Golf 1.5Tsi Manual was displaying the same characteristics. I think he (or his wife) is just putting up with it as she loves the car!

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG (Thankfully DSG as this seems to have a taming affect on the Roo. - I can't imagine how a manual box copes1)
What a good name for a play ... 'The taming of the Roo' :lol: :lol:
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line, Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered: 22/06/18
Stage 2: 27/06/18
Stage 3: 08/03/19
Confirmed build wk 14 (01/04/19)
Estimated UK arrival wk 18 (29/04/19)
Collect early May :D

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Nice One!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:18 pm

I came on here a few weeks ago to research the T-Roc car as I was going to buy a year old one . It ticked every box for me which is unusual for buying a used car (dream car so to speak) . I was willing to pay top dollar but not too sure of prices , however now looking back it seemed like a good deal.

I took advice from forum members and asked the dealer, about kangaroo issue, alas no answer from him ( he hadn't heard of it ) I paid a surprise visit for cold start test run ...car was unavailable that day as in workshop for recall .

I keep thinking back did I make a error in not buying it !.....maybe wee bit regrets .

I dont know if the car had this kangaroo problem but its sold now.
Anyway dream car gone and will stick with my VW 1.4 Golf R line which is a great wee car and take consolation that you guys are right in the fact that some of these cars having a Kangarooing issue.

I will come on here to see if VW come up with any answers to the Kangaroo problem before i try go for another T-Roc
Hope all you guys with the problem get it sorted .
Many thanks for input
Eddie

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Impala wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:25 pm
The Taming of the Roo was written by Will.i.am Shakespeare in the 1500’s (so, it was about 3 o’clock). The main character is called ‘Joey’ who was an unruly embarrassment to his parents, a Mr and Mrs T Roo, as he would leap about when you least expect it. Joey was sent to 2 gentlemen in Verona, Vince and Walter (VW) who said they couldn’t do anything with him. Joey’s parents were told they were making much ado about nothing but they stuck to their view that V&W had made a comedy of errors in the way they tried to ‘fix’ Joey.

Eventually, just about everyone gave up on Joey Roo. Love’s labour was lost. Forever.

The Roos had another child who was always very well-mannered. All’s well that ends well :mrgreen: .
T-Roo 1.5 tsi emoo
indium grey metallic
hard plastic fascia pack
kangaroo pack
mooing brakes pack
VW indifference pack

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 am

T Roo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:37 pm
Impala wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:25 pm
The Taming of the Roo was written by Will.i.am Shakespeare in the 1500’s (so, it was about 3 o’clock). The main character is called ‘Joey’ who was an unruly embarrassment to his parents, a Mr and Mrs T Roo, as he would leap about when you least expect it. Joey was sent to 2 gentlemen in Verona, Vince and Walter (VW) who said they couldn’t do anything with him. Joey’s parents were told they were making much ado about nothing but they stuck to their view that V&W had made a comedy of errors in the way they tried to ‘fix’ Joey.

Eventually, just about everyone gave up on Joey Roo. Love’s labour was lost. Forever.

The Roos had another child who was always very well-mannered. All’s well that ends well :mrgreen: .
Like it, poet and didn't know it ! better to suffer the slings and arrows of outrages jumping OR reject and so by end them.

Paper today, picked up on the VW brand Seat Scoda Audi called the 35 engine but in fact 1.5tsi roo, new cars and up and coming new models all the same with 1.5 tsi roo, BUT NO MENTION, problem, its still going on by the look of it ! Roo Lives on ?

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:04 pm

SIMMO wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 am

Like it, poet and didn't know it ! better to suffer the slings and arrows of outrages jumping OR reject and so by end them.

Paper today, picked up on the VW brand Seat Scoda Audi called the 35 engine but in fact 1.5tsi roo, new cars and up and coming new models all the same with 1.5 tsi roo, BUT NO MENTION, problem, its still going on by the look of it ! Roo Lives on ?
In which case and for the time being, it’s up to us to inform prospective owners what they might be letting themselves in for ;) .
T-Roo 1.5 tsi emoo
indium grey metallic
hard plastic fascia pack
kangaroo pack
mooing brakes pack
VW indifference pack

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:54 pm

The cynic in me would think that the technical issue is possibly engine related. Coincidence or not?

Motor1 UK: New VW Golf reveal delayed until late 2019.
https://uk.motor1.com/news/313478/new-v ... layed/amp/
Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. B/W 39, in the UK somewhere. Order cancelled.

SIMMO

Post by SIMMO » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Dolphinfriendly1012 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:54 pm
The cynic in me would think that the technical issue is possibly engine related. Coincidence or not?

Cynic no never, more like spot on ! VW clearly being kept under wraps .

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:41 pm

SIMMO wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:20 pm
Dolphinfriendly1012 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Cynic no never, more like spot on ! VW clearly being kept under wraps .
Sorry SIMMO, don’t get it, why are VW being kept under wraps ?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm

As I have not experienced the 'kangeroo syndrome' I have not participated in this thread. However, this morning I read an article about the benefits of using higher octain super unleaded petrol (97 to 99 RON). I have never used standard 95 RON unleaded since I fill up with 'super' at COSTCO being 10 to 12p/litre cheaper than most other brands and even cheaper than some standard unleaded. :P

I am therefore wondering if this has a bearing on the problem for those who do use 95 RON so do any of you also have kangerooing with super unleaded 97/99 RON petrol :?:

NB
Whilst doing a 'word/phrase' search for this thread I came up with one result, a post by Dolphinfriendly1012 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=266&p=2812&hilit=Shell+super#p2812 I don't think there has been many more posts on this subject being related to fuel quality but with 73 pages it's too onerous to review every post.
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps Design, [ via CarWow / JCT600 ]
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue Cloth/dashpad
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys