Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
TN55

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by TN55 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 am

Hi all, I dont know if this has been posted before, but if you go on THE VW UK Website one question that comes up is: What is the current lead time/ delivery time for a Volkswagen. Answer: For a bespoke new car ordered directly from the factory, lead times will vary depending on which model and specification you choose, and where your car is being built. When ordering your car certain choices can speed up or slow down the process. Due to a very high demand worldwide, DSG Gearboxes, certain Sat nav systems and engines and some components for blue motion and R Line models are in short supply, meaning the waiting time for these cars will be longer than standard cars. So it looks like we've all got to buckel down and wait. For me personally there is no other car of this size and spec out there to match the R Line T-ROC
T-Roc R Line, 1.5 DSG, Pure White with black roof, Electric tail gate, Reversing Camera, High beam assist and lumbar surport, Ordered on the 2nd August 2018

brid

Post by brid » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 am

ianchelt wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 pm
Agree brid that’s shocking. I think they must have a massive order book for the T Roc. What’s the sport in Spain then? Is that an R line up n the Uk?
Sport is UK SEL but the difference comes in the packs which compared to the UK are limited and sometimes bizzare, e.g. to get lumber support you have to have an electric tailgate. There is not the choice offered to the UK for any "pick and mix".
For the wait time we are experiencing I am expecting gold taps and a 3 tone horn :P
Sport 1.5 TSI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof

Wee TROC

Post by Wee TROC » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi
Just found out my t roc is being built in Portugal not Germany, has left the factory but not the dock! Any idea why they go to Emden instead of to Uk directly?
Thanks
Last edited by Wee TROC on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evetroc77

Post by Evetroc77 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:53 pm

They go to Emden because they have the capacity to store/hold them there?

SamD

Post by SamD » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 pm

So had a call today, collecting mine next Friday, 14th woohoo 😀
1.0 Tsi SE energetic orange
Ordered 27th August
Confirmed build week 12th November
In Transit 15th November

essar

Post by essar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:58 am

Latest from Setubal:

The port workers' strike has now seen a drop of 70% volume, with the Portuguese government saying it threatens the port's future, emphasising that some may not return to operate so quickly in the port of Setúbal. The conflict is driving many ships to other ports Leixoes, Lisboa and Santander, (Spain). Negotiations will only resume after Christmas.

Autoeuropa are the largest exporter by far and were delayed in shipping 2000 cars to Emden, Germany. About 6,000 vehicles from the European and overseas plants of almost all Volkswagen Group brands pass through Emden every working day.

This comes from a few sources, then translated. I did not include the details of the strike or the number of cars parked at Setubal and the neighbouring air force base as the figures were different. This could be down to Autoeuropa removing their cars through different ports in the last two weeks. This is suggested but I didn't see any comment from Autoeuropa apart from that one from about a month ago saying that they were committed to Setubal.
SE 1.0 TSI grey ~ order stage 5a - In Transit since 17 Nov

mvk

Post by mvk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am

So you are wasting two weeks road fund money. One of my old bosses would never allow us to have our new car if it was not registered within the first five days of any month. Mind you he was an ACCOUNTANT by profession. That's equal to £6.32876712328761 that you will never get back. I felt bad enough when I got mine on the 3rd of September.
1.0 TSI SE Special solid - Pure white

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:52 am

You can not be serious!
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Jan 19

Evetroc77

Post by Evetroc77 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:54 am

Shipping updates/stage 6 notifications....anyone?....anyone?
[calls out to the big black hole of “in transit” like FOREVER]

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 am

mvk wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am
So you are wasting two weeks road fund money. One of my old bosses would never allow us to have our new car if it was not registered within the first five days of any month. Mind you he was an ACCOUNTANT by profession. That's equal to £6.32876712328761 that you will never get back. I felt bad enough when I got mine on the 3rd of September.
Assuming the UK government hasn't changed its position, the last time I bought a new car, if it was registered within the last 7 days of the month, then for new cars only, you could purchase 12 months and (up to) 1 weeks worth of road tax.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION ordered 20-10-2018
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”