Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Delayed build week (major)

908K views 2K replies 240 participants last post by  wezpop 
#1 ·
My order was placed in March with an estimated delivery date for the end of June. That's fine, and I was prepared for the risk of some delay. My dealer had just told me that a provisional build weekday has now been set - for September! The dealer was unable to give me an explanation, but has told me that he will look into this. If my car is built in September I am probably looking at delivery in November - a lead time of 8 months. That's just too long.

I am very interested to know the experience of others in this forum, whether they are expecting delays on this scale, and if so whether they are aware of any reason for it. If you have no recent update I suggest you check this out with your dealership. At the moment I feel aggrieved and find it unacceptable to be told that I should expect such a delay. Maybe a proper explanation will be forthcoming but I'm not holding my breath. Seriously considering cancellation, but the trouble is I really like this car.

All comments welcome please.

#2 ·
Hi, I have just posted a very similar thing on the forum but it's not yet appeared. I ordered a 1.5 DSG SEL back in february with an anticipated delivery date of end of May. The dealer has just informed me that, due to the changes in legislation regarding CO2 emissions and fuel consumption, VW are retesting their engines. For cars not yet built there will be a delay. I have been estimated a delivery time of Dec/Jan!

#3 ·
Thank you Clio. December / January! CO2 emissions issues? Retesting engines? Changes in legislation? I think VW owe a clear and full explanation and hope they will be proactive in wanting to provide it, particularly having regard to recent controversy. I will be interested to find out if this will be forthcoming through this forum. Does anyone know any more? Are all of us whose cars have not yet been built in the same boat? (We're certainly not going to be in the same car for some time yet it seems)!

#7 ·
Very bizarre indeed!! My first thought was Co2. But my second thought is then, does that mean there's potentially something wrong with the TRoc and they're going to start recalling the ones they've made?!
I assume you've all paid deposits?
My advice would be to ask VW to transfer the deposit to a TRoc that has already been built. I didn't fancy waiting so just asked to see a list of cars already made. There are absolutely loads waiting in docks and compounds around the UK and with different specifications etc. I wanted Indium Grey and they didn't have any 1.0 but had a 1.5 SE with lots of extras or a 1.5 Design (which I went for)
There was every colour and every combination and my dealer was literally like "you can have that one in blue with a winter pack in a few days, that's currently in surrey....you can have this white one with Beats but that's waiting to be shipped - that's 2 weeks"
You might not get the exact combination of extras you have set your heart on but it's defintely worth popping in and asking them to pull up their list for you to see.

#9 ·
This doesn't sound to promising. I ordered in February with an estimated delivery date of 31st May 2018. I will give the dealer a ring tomorrow and if I am going to have to wait for another 4 / 5 months then I think that I will reluctantly cancel the order before my part exchange Golf drops significantly in value. Will update you all tomorrow.

#10 ·
I ordered mine beginning of march with expected delivery date for June. I had an app notification and call from the dealer that build week will be 16th April. I checked on 17th and it's now showing 'in transit'. So I'm wondering why yours is taking so long?!

G
#11 ·
EliseyB said:
I ordered mine beginning of march with expected delivery date for June. I had an app notification and call from the dealer that build week will be 16th April. I checked on 17th and it's now showing 'in transit'. So I'm wondering why yours is taking so long?!
Looks like only the 1.5l petrol engines are affected. I guess there'll be a production halt only for cars with these engines.

#12 ·
I ordered the1.5 petrol at the end of Feb and have had the build week confirmed for 14/5/18 (week 19). The app has also been updated and showing this date.

The dealer told me, when we he confirmed the build week, that lead times were now 34 weeks.

#13 ·
Thanks for your input EliseyB. Yours is ahead of schedule. I see yours is a 1.0. This makes me wonder if there is a problem just with the 1.5 engine. I suppose if production of the 1.5 is put on hold this might mean that build dates for the 1.0 could be brought forward. But I am just speculating, and shouldn't have to. I hope that we can expect some answers. I am waiting for a further call from my dealer and will post an update when I know more.

#14 ·
Mine is 2 weeks earlier than expected and is a 1.5 petrol. So wondering if it's the DSG models that are being delayed for some reason. Will look forward to hearing what your dealer says and in the meantime will obsessively be checking the app to make sure my build week stays the same.

#18 ·
Thank you EliseyB for your input on this. You are ahead of schedule. Yours is the 1.0 engine so I wonder if the problem is just for the 1.5 engine. I'm thinking that if production of the 1.5 has been put on hold them this leaves more room for production of the 1.0 which might explain why you can expect delivery earlier than expected. This is pure speculation on my part. We shouldn't have to speculate. Hopefully soon we will have a meaningful explanation from VW. Anyway, I'm sure you are looking forward to your new T-Roc and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

#19 ·
I contacted my dealer (should have been the other way round) and they couldn't give me a build week. I was supposed to have the car by the end of May and it is now looking like the end of July (if this is to be believed). Far from ideal. If I hadn't set my heart on this model and all the spec, I would have cancelled the order. Will keep you all updated.

#20 ·
I just browsed the official website of the Vehicle Certification Agency, and searched for particulars and CO2 emissions for the VW T-Roc.
Take a look at this link:

http://carfueldata.dft.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx

Note that the only DSG model listed is the 2.0 TSI - the 1.5 EVO does not appear on the list at all. Is this a clue that there is a problem here?

#21 ·
In the online T-Roc brochure I have (dated 16 October 2017) it does not give mpg or emission statistics for the 1.5 DSG, so if there is a problem with the 1.5 engine mated to a DSG gearbox then it has been a long time brewing ...

#22 ·
I ordered my 1.5 DSG in February as soon as it became available to order. That is why I am so amazed to be in this situation now. I also cannot comprehend how the dealers don't know what's going on with no official statement from VW - absolutely appalling customer service!

#25 ·
This is absurd. Considering all the previous challenges, you would think Volkswagen would take better care of its customers.

I ordered a T-Roc at the beginning of April and was told that I would drive it in September. I have not heard of any timetable changes but the delay is guaranteed, I think.

I could accept the delay (or some delay because it's much harder to sell my current car next year than sell it now) but only if the reason for the delay is explained openly. This is a nightmare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.