Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Nor_Roc

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Nor_Roc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:50 pm

My car has arrived at the dealer! :D

It seems that the choice to ship the cars to Norway by road and not by sea has worked very well in my favor. After reading the many posts in this forum I had my mind set on delays and maybe not seeing any signs of my car until after the summer. But instead it has arrived 6 weeks early compared to the estimate I got when ordering the car.

So sorry to read about all of you that are waiting for 6+ months now.. really hope that everything works out for you and that the car is worth the wait :)
T-Roc Sport R-Line 1.5 TSI with DSG in Flash Red
Rear view camera
Keyless access
18” Sebring
Sport suspension

Ordered 08/01
Left Setubal 07/03
Arrived at dealer 04/04
Picking it up after Easter

Excitement level 100!!

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Helen657 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:48 am
Update
Collected my car this morning and it looks and feels absolutely fab, I’ve only driven it for 2 miles as I had to come straight to work, but so far so good!
Pick up was really long for 2 reasons, the salesman could not connect my phone (or his!) to Car-Net & after 30 minutes of too-ing & fro-ing discovered it’s a temporary server issue so I’m calling back on Saturday to get the set up finalised. The 2nd issue was with the electric boot lid which I insisted on trying before setting off - it will open no problem, but will not close using either the key fob or the internal button. (This is a BIG problem for me due to a disability which means I can’t raise my arms above shoulder level so electric boot was an essential). Anyway, car is booked in for Monday to get this sorted - fingers crossed!
Just shows it’s worth checking as much as you can before you drive off!
Can’t wait to leave work at 7 and have a drive - updates to follow 😁
Congratulations Helen
Hate to say it but I think you can only close tailgate by internal button if you have keyless entry !
Mine opens with internal button and key fob but only closes with button inside tailgate so have to raise arm to reach it. You can set the tailgate to a lower height when open though
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

Manxman

Post by Manxman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Nor_Roc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:50 pm
My car has arrived at the dealer! :D

It seems that the choice to ship the cars to Norway by road and not by sea has worked very well in my favor. After reading the many posts in this forum I had my mind set on delays and maybe not seeing any signs of my car until after the summer. But instead it has arrived 6 weeks early compared to the estimate I got when ordering the car.

So sorry to read about all of you that are waiting for 6+ months now.. really hope that everything works out for you and that the car is worth the wait :)
Nice! Your spec is really close to mine. Hoping to get mine around the end of May 🤞
1.5TSI EVO DSG R Line flash red, black roof
Rear view camera
lumbar support
Assistance pack plus
Pre crash preventative occupant protection
Electric tailgate.

Ordered 21/02/19
Stage 2 07/03/19
Stage 3 30/03/19
Stage 5 17/04/19

Helen657

Post by Helen657 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:05 pm
Helen657 wrote:
Update
Collected my car this morning and it looks and feels absolutely fab, I’ve only driven it for 2 miles as I had to come straight to work, but so far so good!
Pick up was really long for 2 reasons, the salesman could not connect my phone (or his!) to Car-Net & after 30 minutes of too-ing & fro-ing discovered it’s a temporary server issue so I’m calling back on Saturday to get the set up finalised. The 2nd issue was with the electric boot lid which I insisted on trying before setting off - it will open no problem, but will not close using either the key fob or the internal button. (This is a BIG problem for me due to a disability which means I can’t raise my arms above shoulder level so electric boot was an essential). Anyway, car is booked in for Monday to get this sorted - fingers crossed!
Congratulations Helen
Hate to say it but I think you can only close tailgate by internal button if you have keyless entry !
Mine opens with internal button and key fob but only closes with button inside tailgate so have to raise arm to reach it. You can set the tailgate to a lower height when open though
Hi newtroconthebloc
I had the order form and brochure with me and they both say “electric opening & closing tailgate” - we have the exact same option on our Tiguan so I knew what to expect. I’ve told the salesman that this not working would be a dealbreaker for me as I would not have ordered the car without the ability to remotely close the tailgate. Anyway, they had another TRoc out back with the electric tailgate so he raced round to check it out & said the key (& door button) both opened AND closed the tailgate as I’d said should happen, so they’ve accepted it’s either a software or wiring fault. I’ll let you know what happens!
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI DSG
White silver, Quartz/Ceramique Leather, Electric tailgate, Winter pack, Rear camera, Side assist+ with rear traffic alert.
Ordered 18/9/18
Build wk 11/3/19
In transit 8/3/19
Arrived UK 19/3/19
Collected 4/4/19

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Helen657 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:05 pm
Helen657 wrote:
Update
Congratulations Helen
Hi newtroconthebloc
I had the order form and brochure with me and they both say “electric opening & closing tailgate” - we have the exact same option on our Tiguan so I knew what to expect. I’ve told the salesman that this not working would be a dealbreaker for me as I would not have ordered the car without the ability to remotely close the tailgate. Anyway, they had another TRoc out back with the electric tailgate so he raced round to check it out & said the key (& door button) both opened AND closed the tailgate as I’d said should happen, so they’ve accepted it’s either a software or wiring fault. I’ll let you know what happens!
Thanks Helen
That would be good, mine only opens remotely, it does close electrically but only by pressing button
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Mine will close with the button in the drivers door if the ignition is on, but not with the key fob (I don’t have keyless).
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Helen657

Post by Helen657 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:50 pm
Mine will close with the button in the drivers door if the ignition is on, but not with the key fob (I don’t have keyless).
Thanks Hawkeye, I’ll try that tomorrow.
I really don’t understand why the T-Roc system would be any different to one in the Tiguan, I open and close the boot all the time using the key fob, it’s particularly useful at supermarkets and works from a good distance away!!!
And the salesman did say it worked on the other TRoc but I don’t know if that had keyless entry (our Tiguan isn’t keyless)
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI DSG
White silver, Quartz/Ceramique Leather, Electric tailgate, Winter pack, Rear camera, Side assist+ with rear traffic alert.
Ordered 18/9/18
Build wk 11/3/19
In transit 8/3/19
Arrived UK 19/3/19
Collected 4/4/19

Danny F

Post by Danny F » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:22 am

I'd been looking at the forum and was getting my hopes up as people with order dates similar to mine were getting moved to stage 3. Well after 5 1/2 months after ordering I've been moved to stage 3! Confirmed build week of 06 may.
Just hope now that mine transitions through the stages like some of the others on here.
Finally something to smile about :D :D :D :D
1.5TSI SEL in ravenna blue with park assist.
Ordered 20 Oct 18
Stage 3 - 06 May 19

davidf27

Post by davidf27 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 am

Agreed!! Mine is now confirmed build week of 22nd April, I feel like the main wait is over now things are actually happening with my order!!
1.0 TSI SEL - Pearl Black - Park assist - Rear View Camera - Ordered 19/11/18 - Expected delivery Middle May 2019.

fez74uk

Post by fez74uk » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:34 am

Mines also the 22/4
1.5 R Line DSG in Ravenna Blue.
Ordered 11/1/19
Confirmed build date 22/4/19