All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Rocky1

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Rocky1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:21 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:50 pm
Mine will close with the button in the drivers door if the ignition is on, but not with the key fob (I don’t have keyless).
Mine doesn’t close with door button, there’s no movement downwards on the switch, only pulls up to open.
Doesn’t make sense
I can confirm that mine opens and closes with the key and the buttons inside the drivers door and the tailgate.
2.0 TSI, DSG, 190, 4 motion, R line
Techno pack
Winter pack
Pure white
Ordered 8th Feb
Delivered at the dealership 27th March
Pick up on the 6th April
Home safe and sound🏡

Impala

Post by Impala » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:56 pm

For those with cars in transit but not yet in the UK, the Aquarius Ace is now in the English Channel and due to arrive at Sheerness tomorrow (Tues 9/4) at 9am local time. Then on to Grimsby (Wed) and Tyne (Thurs).

Keep watching the tracker :D
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey rear view camera park assist.
Ordered: 22/06/18
Stage 2: 27/06/18
Stage 3: 08/03/19
Build wk: 14 (01/04/19)
Stage 5a: 31/03/19 (1 wk early)
Est UK: wk 18 (29/04/19)
Collect: early May :D

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Impala wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:56 pm
For those with cars in transit but not yet in the UK, the Aquarius Ace is now in the English Channel and due to arrive at Sheerness tomorrow (Tues 9/4) at 9am local time. Then on to Grimsby (Wed) and Tyne (Thurs).

Keep watching the tracker :D
Let's hope the Aquarius Ace isn't a modern-day Noah's Ark and that the T-Rocs weren't loaded 2 by 2; especially the grasshoppers and kangaroos :mrgreen:

I know, not funny but it is intriguing ;) .

Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Squeal Wheel

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Latest update from my dealer is that my car is still waiting on the port at Setabul. According to the update information he receives, it never made it onboard the Aquarius Ace this time.
It was confirmed as built and in transit from the factory 9 days ago ! :(
T-Roc 1.5 dsg SEL White/Silver, black roof. Driver assistance, Rear cam, Keyless, Lumbar, Winter Pack, Towbar
Ordered - Sept 18
Stage 2 - Oct 18.
Stage 3 - 08 Mar 19
Stage 4 - 30 Mar 19
Stage 5 - 30 Mar 19
Stage 6 - 17 Apr 19
Collect - 29 Apr 19

greyroc

Post by greyroc » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 pm

tiger tony wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:52 pm
Latest update from my dealer is that my car is still waiting on the port at Setabul. According to the update information he receives, it never made it onboard the Aquarius Ace this time.
It was confirmed as built and in transit from the factory 9 days ago ! :(
That is basically what my dealer has told me too..

Ours was "In-Transit" last Wednesday 3rd April and they say arrived at the port on Friday 5th April..

Guessing that the Aquarius Ace load was already sorted, so maybe ours will be towards the front of the queue for the next shipment, whenever that may be ?
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI 150PS EVO 6-speed Manual Indium Grey
Usual SEL kit, Reversing Camera, Electric Tailgate & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 15th Sept 2018 (Delivery estimate Week 51)
Latest Dealer info on Delivery - Build confirmed week 14 April 2019 !!

Impala

Post by Impala » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:41 pm

"When the Boat Comes In" was very appropriately set in the North East of England around the port of Tyne.

Well it now looks like 2 boats are headed for Tyne ... the first is the Aquarius Ace as mentioned in recent posts, due to dock in Sheerness tomorrow morning then on to Tyne later in the week.

I've now identified that the Comet Ace is operating on the same round-robin schedule as Aquarius Ace ...

Setubal -> Sheerness -> (Grimsby ?) -> Tyne -> Amsterdam -> Santander -> Malaga -> Barcelona -> Setubal

That would pick up VWs from Setubal going to the UK, then so as not to return empty I suspect pick up Nissans from Tyne (Sunderland) going to N Europe and Spain, then back to Setubal for more VWs.

The Comet Ace docked in Barcelona this afternoon, so if it sticks to the past pattern it should dock in Setubal around Wednesday 10/4 then on to Sheerness around Sunday 14/4

Let's hope that's 3 of us will be happy. :D

Helen657

Post by Helen657 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:36 pm
Helen657 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Congratulations Helen
Hate to say it but I think you can only close tailgate by internal button if you have keyless entry !
Mine opens with internal button and key fob but only closes with button inside tailgate so have to raise arm to reach it. You can set the tailgate to a lower height when open though
Hi newtroconthebloc
I had the order form and brochure with me and they both say “electric opening & closing tailgate” - we have the exact same option on our Tiguan so I knew what to expect. I’ve told the salesman that this not working would be a dealbreaker for me as I would not have ordered the car without the ability to remotely close the tailgate. Anyway, they had another TRoc out back with the electric tailgate so he raced round to check it out & said the key (& door button) both opened AND closed the tailgate as I’d said should happen, so they’ve accepted it’s either a software or wiring fault. I’ll let you know what happens!
Thanks Helen
That would be good, mine only opens remotely, it does close electrically but only by pressing button
Hi again,
Well after reading Hawkeye’s comment & reading the manual, I can confirm that I can open the tailgate with the key fob & with the driver door button, and can close it with the button in the tailgate & (with ignition on) the driver door button. It will only close with the key fob if you’ve got the keyless system. The dealer had the car yesterday to see if they could retrofit anything to get it to work, but unfortunately they can’t. I don’t want to set the bootlid to open to a lower setting (it hurts when you headbutt it 🤣), so was going to attach a piece of paracord inside which I could pull on to lower the boot, but instead am using a 2ft long pole I keep tucked inside the boot!! Result 😁
It’s a small price to pay for such a nice car

Dealership was genuinely surprised that VW have changed the key fob electronics to boot opening only and acknowledged it was a step backwards and that the literature was misleading, so at least other buyers should hopefully now get the right info!
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI DSG
White silver, Quartz/Ceramique Leather, Electric tailgate, Winter pack, Rear camera, Side assist+ with rear traffic alert.
Ordered 18/9/18
Build wk 11/3/19
In transit 8/3/19
Arrived UK 19/3/19
Collected 4/4/19

Impala

Post by Impala » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:56 pm

Aquarius Ace spent the day (Tues 9/4) docked in Sheerness, so hopefully unloaded some T-Rocs :D

It left Sheerness tonight at approx 19:45 and is due to dock in Grimsby tomorrow morning at 8am (Wed 10/4). Assuming a similar time unloading, it is likely to arrive in Tyne on Thursday morning, times to be confirmed tomorrow. As my car is to be landed at Tyne, I probably won't know for a few days.

I haven't received any messages from the tracker, but that's not unusual, so I've asked my dealer for a shipping status. Still some hope that it's on this ship rather than the next one, but hope is starting to fade :(

Bobb11

Post by Bobb11 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:45 am

Hi,

How long aprox. took from port to dealer?
VW T-Roc 1.5 Black, Manual, rear view camera, Alarm
Ordered: 31.10.2018
Confirmed build: Late March 2019
Confirmed delivery: Late April 2019

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 am

Impala wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:56 pm
Aquarius Ace spent the day (Tues 9/4) docked in Sheerness, so hopefully unloaded some T-Rocs :D

It left Sheerness tonight at approx 19:45 and is due to dock in Grimsby tomorrow morning at 8am (Wed 10/4). Assuming a similar time unloading, it is likely to arrive in Tyne on Thursday morning, times to be confirmed tomorrow. As my car is to be landed at Tyne, I probably won't know for a few days.

I haven't received any messages from the tracker, but that's not unusual, so I've asked my dealer for a shipping status. Still some hope that it's on this ship rather than the next one, but hope is starting to fade :(
On mine, the status on the tracker updated about a week after mine was delivered to the dealer. So don’t lose hope yet Impala.

Where mine took 9 weeks to ship from when it left the factory, i spoke with Customer Services who were able to tell me when mine would arrive in the U.K. Much better than relying on the app.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19