Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Davpoo

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Davpoo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:40 am

Finally today I will collect my T Roc Sel 1.5 Evo DSG Silver White Sports pack .Having to wait for Volkswagen finance to open my file it has been 7 months they have lost it in the system !!!!!!😡😡 It’s been so long can’t wait.

webb1e

Post by webb1e » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:38 am

I though I would use the on-line chat to confirm when the factory summer break is - below is their reply. I guess nothing at VW is simple :-)

"For the Volkswagen T-Roc, the factory will be closed on the week commencing the 8th of July, the 12thf of August, and the 19th of August. There will be a reduction in production between the weeks commencing the 29th of July to 5th of August, so there will be a chance that your order would be built during the reduced production."
1.5 TSI DSG SEL Indium Grey. Rear Camera, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Drivers Assistance Pack Plus, Mudflaps
Ordered 3rd Feb
With the Factory (stage 2)

T Roc Chick

Post by T Roc Chick » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:09 pm

webb1e wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:38 am
I though I would use the on-line chat to confirm when the factory summer break is - below is their reply. I guess nothing at VW is simple :-)

"For the Volkswagen T-Roc, the factory will be closed on the week commencing the 8th of July, the 12thf of August, and the 19th of August. There will be a reduction in production between the weeks commencing the 29th of July to 5th of August, so there will be a chance that your order would be built during the reduced production."
So a week in July and a fortnight in August, strange. I wonder when MY20 build starts, after the August break maybe?
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
Active info
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19

TheROC

Post by TheROC » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:18 pm

T Roc Chick wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:09 pm
webb1e wrote:

So a week in July and a fortnight in August, strange. I wonder when MY20 build starts, after the August break maybe?
Pardon my ignorance. What is MY20?
Ordered: 21/5/19
Current status: Stage 2
Expected: Late Oct

T Roc Chick

Post by T Roc Chick » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:39 pm

TheROC wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:18 pm
T Roc Chick wrote:
webb1e wrote:

Model Year 2020
They usually apply small changes to the model each year and these affect new builds normally after the Summer shutdown. It can be things like new colours or some colours removed, different alloys, etc. It's also a chance to fix any small niggles that have been discovered. I haven't heard what changes the T Roc will have if any.
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
Active info
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19

TheROC

Post by TheROC » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:31 pm

T Roc Chick wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:39 pm
TheROC wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:18 pm
T Roc Chick wrote:

Model Year 2020
They usually apply small changes to the model each year and these affect new builds normally after the Summer shutdown. It can be things like new colours or some colours removed, different alloys, etc. It's also a chance to fix any small niggles that have been discovered. I haven't heard what changes the T Roc will have if any.
Thats interesting - hope they stop the color i ordered. :lol: :lol:
Just this morning i saw a lady driving a white silver with black roof to the supermarket. Makes he jealous!
Please share when you hear the changes for MY20.

enchantica

Post by enchantica » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi all

After some help.

My T-Roc is due to be built next week following my order a couple of months ago with an expected delivery date early August. My dealer has just emailed me to say that due to a change in which the T-Roc emissions are tested and another change my t-Roc will need to be registered by the 16th August. They are offering an extra £500 towards customers who are effected as I am away for three weeks in August and so I was not looking to collect and register the car until the 1st September.

I am being told that the dealers hands are tied and the only other options would be to cancel and re-order at today's prices, cancel completely or take the extra £500.

What would you do?
1.6 TDI SEL • Deep Black • Adamantium Alloys • Rear view camera
• Ordered - 01st May
• Stage 1 - 15th May
• Stage 2 - 27th May
• Stage 3 - 08 June confirmed build week as 1st July)
• Stage 5a - 29th June (built one week early)
• Stage 6 - 13th July

twist

Post by twist » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 pm

enchantica wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi all

After some help.

My T-Roc is due to be built next week following my order a couple of months ago with an expected delivery date early August. My dealer has just emailed me to say that due to a change in which the T-Roc emissions are tested and another change my t-Roc will need to be registered by the 16th August. They are offering an extra £500 towards customers who are effected as I am away for three weeks in August and so I was not looking to collect and register the car until the 1st September.

I am being told that the dealers hands are tied and the only other options would be to cancel and re-order at today's prices, cancel completely or take the extra £500.

What would you do?
Personally I’d take the £500 and have the car early. That will pretty much offset the difference in residual value between 19/69 plates and you get the car early. The £500 will also more than cover your first payment (assuming you’re financing it).

Definitely don’t re-order as the prices went up about 10% in April. Not to mention you’ll likely be waiting until November/December for the car.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, assist pack plus, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Stage 3: 17/05/19
Build week (confirmed): 17/06/19
Left Factory (5a): 12/06/19 (1 week early)
Arrived in UK: 23/06/19
Collected 01/07/19!!

TheROC

Post by TheROC » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:09 pm

You can get 69 plate even now for less than £200

enchantica

Post by enchantica » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:13 pm

twist wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 pm
enchantica wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi all

After some help.

What would you do?
Personally I’d take the £500 and have the car early. That will pretty much offset the difference in residual value between 19/69 plates and you get the car early. The £500 will also more than cover your first payment (assuming you’re financing it).

Definitely don’t re-order as the prices went up about 10% in April. Not to mention you’ll likely be waiting until November/December for the car.
I actually ordered the car just after the April price rises and so this has already affected me. I just wanted the car to be as new as possible and then this twist!!! Are other car is a tiguan and we had to wait for that due to the new emissions standard late last year. I will see if I can get anymore out of the dealer. My concern is they will just reduce the price of my part exchange to recover the £500!!!
1.6 TDI SEL • Deep Black • Adamantium Alloys • Rear view camera
• Ordered - 01st May
• Stage 1 - 15th May
• Stage 2 - 27th May
• Stage 3 - 08 June confirmed build week as 1st July)
• Stage 5a - 29th June (built one week early)
• Stage 6 - 13th July