Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
User avatar
Panoptes
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Panoptes » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:36 am

Finally got a text message this morning! It wasn’t from VW though. The wait continues.
1.0 TSI SE • Indium Grey • Fogs with cornering • Roof Rails removed
• Ordered - 9th May 2019
• Stage 1 - 27 June 2019
• Stage 2 - 1st July 2019
.... *tumbleweeds*
...

Ian91
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Ian91 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:57 am

Ordered in March 19 and just had the stage 6 car arrived in the uk, so should be getting a call from the dealer in the next week or so. I have arranged to test drive when it arrives at the dealers
(1.5tsi DSG Roo check etc) before completing the deal.
Ordered R line 1.5tsi DSG Indium Grey 11/03/19
Built wk 34 and in transit 23/08/19
Arrived at the UK Port. 11/09/19
Due for collection 23/09/19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Tigermad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:59 am

Ian91 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:57 am
Ordered in March 19 and just had the stage 6 car arrived in the uk, so should be getting a call from the dealer in the next week or so. I have arranged to test drive when it arrives at the dealers
(1.5tsi DSG Roo check etc) before completing the deal.
So are they not going to register the car to you before the test drive?
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

Ian91
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Ian91 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:15 am

Going to the dealers when I get the call it’s arrived to test drive, as far as I’m aware it should be before full registration of the car in my name, because of the Roo factor on the 1.5 I had a confirmation email from the dealer that I did not have to proceed with the deal if not 100% happy. (Lets hope the MY20 build and latest software updates have worked ok long term, if not they’ll be getting the car back)
Ordered R line 1.5tsi DSG Indium Grey 11/03/19
Built wk 34 and in transit 23/08/19
Arrived at the UK Port. 11/09/19
Due for collection 23/09/19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Tigermad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 am

Ian91 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:15 am
Going to the dealers when I get the call it’s arrived to test drive, as far as I’m aware it should be before full registration of the car in my name, because of the Roo factor on the 1.5 I had a confirmation email from the dealer that I did not have to proceed with the deal if not 100% happy. (Lets hope the MY20 build and latest software updates have worked ok long term, if not they’ll be getting the car back)
Cool. Good luck.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

Ian91
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Ian91 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 am

Hope yours goes ok too, I’m reasonably confident in my current dealer as I’ve had 3 cars from them in the past, but we always have the option to return the car as there’s plenty of documented evidence of the Roo problem on the 1.5 engine.
Ordered R line 1.5tsi DSG Indium Grey 11/03/19
Built wk 34 and in transit 23/08/19
Arrived at the UK Port. 11/09/19
Due for collection 23/09/19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Tigermad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm

jetjaguar99 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 am
Tigermad wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 am
Bit peed off. Dealer has been on holiday a few days and needs to catch up. Won’t be able to pick up until end of next week. Since he is also out the office for 2 days next week again.
That does suck but isn't there another staff who could do it for you?

My relatives who recently picked up their Golf had similar issues with staff so a different staff picked up the slack.
Hi. Is your car in transit now?
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Tigermad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Ian91 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 am
Hope yours goes ok too, I’m reasonably confident in my current dealer as I’ve had 3 cars from them in the past, but we always have the option to return the car as there’s plenty of documented evidence of the Roo problem on the 1.5 engine.
Thanks. I will be driving it for nearly 2 weeks before I am getting it ceramic coated and a dashcam hardwired. Hopefully I will know if it’s a good ‘un by then. It’s going to be weird picking a car up as it left the ship minus the film. I have done this a few times but this time I will be driving it dirty until it’s pro detailed. I normally detail it myself the same day.
Last edited by Tigermad on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

jetjaguar99
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by jetjaguar99 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Tigermad wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Hi. Is your car in transit now?
Hey, no I've not received the notification yet but let's see if it comes tomorrow or Saturday :D
T-Roc R-Line 1.5 TSI Manual
+ Deep Black Pearl
+ Lumbar support
+ Rear view cam
+ Beats-audio-pack

- (S1) Ordered 21.07.19
- (S2) With Factory 29.07.19
- (S3) Build Week 37 Confirmed 16.08.19
- (S5a) In Transit/Left Factory 13.09.19

Tigermad
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Tigermad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:13 pm

jetjaguar99 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:11 pm
Tigermad wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Hi. Is your car in transit now?
Hey, no I've not received the notification yet but let's see if it comes tomorrow or Saturday :D
Well it might already be in transit. I didn’t. Get a 5b notification at all to say on a ship. So they do get missed.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

Post Reply