Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
hafman

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by hafman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:56 am

tony040251 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:12 pm
Just had notification from our dealer that ...
I received a very similar letter (1.5TSi DSG); having waited over a week for an email update I am going to go in to VW Crawley today to express my sentiments. :x
Cancelled due to excessive wait: T-Roc 1.5L TSI, DSG, 2WD, Atlantic Blue, Quart/Ceramic leather, heated steering wheel, electric tailgate, winter pack, rear view camera.

hafman

Post by hafman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:07 am

Just had a very unsatisfying meeting with the dealer; he now promises to come back to me by next Wednesday with a Build Date, but I am not holding my breath.

At one point he tried to blame the UK government for the delays, citing the fall in diesel sales meaning that petrol engine orders were struggling to meet demand. I offered to go out and buy him a mirror, as this whole diesel-gate fiasco started squarely with VW's cheating the emission tests...

The whole thing seems like a shambles to me, which is a great shame and is taking the edge off what should otherwise be an exciting process, ie buying a brand new car.
Cancelled due to excessive wait: T-Roc 1.5L TSI, DSG, 2WD, Atlantic Blue, Quart/Ceramic leather, heated steering wheel, electric tailgate, winter pack, rear view camera.

StevieDvd

Post by StevieDvd » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:30 pm

tony040251 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:12 pm
Just had notification from our dealer that our 2.0 SEL Auto ordered mid Feb is subject to emission retest and might not meet the quoted published data. Also as a side note it may alter vehicle tax band.
They also inform me that the lead time for "my chosen vehicle" may be extended. No mention on what time scale they are talking about!
When ordered we were quoted delivery 3rd week May, two weeks ago we were informed that we have a build week of week 20, this means as it was it was going to be 5 weeks late. Now God knows when it might turn up. Wife is not happy, no new car for her birthday.
Hi Tony,

Is your order for a Petrol or Diesel model?

My 2.0 SEL Auto Petrol T-Roc is sitting on my drive and all this sounds a little annoying/worrying for me too. It was ordered late Jan and picked up from dealer on 31 March so I have a car but now unsure what's going on.

Is this on Diesel or Petrol engines or both. Anyone know the affected setups yet?

Steve
SEL 2.0 litre Auto 4Motion
Colour Indium Grey Metallic
Alloy wheels, 18" Arlo Adamatium Silver
Reversing Camera, Park Assist & winter pack added

Arran84

Post by Arran84 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:40 am

I ordered 1.5 SEL petrol manual middle of March and having seen some of these posts I was getting concerned delivery could be severely delayed. I’ve had no letter confirming a delay and wasn’t sure if it was only auto or diesel cars subject to delay. I had an estimated delivery end of July.

The app has been saying build week confirmed (with no actual build date) for weeks now. To my shock, the app suddenly updated today and totally skipped the build part! It’s now in transit to the UK and I’m very excited! Maybe they have pushed manual petrol orders through.
Ordered mid March and picked up mid May - 1.5 petrol SEL T-Roc in Atlantic blue. Added extras: winter pack, reverse camera, electric tailgate and wireless charging

Trocspa

Post by Trocspa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:24 pm

I've also got a 1.5 petrol - manual version on order. This was ordered in late February with an estimated 12 week delivery. Was told last week by the dealer that it was now the build week, and less than 24 hours later the VW app was showing the T-roc had been built and was in transit. Can't wait to get behind the wheel of what will be my first VW.
1.5 SEL, manual, pure white, electric tailgate, winter pack & heated steering wheel, sports pack, rear view camera etc!

StevieDvd

Post by StevieDvd » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:21 pm

The online app is next to useless for real information, my car was on the drive and the app said delivered to UK, in fact the only text message I receved was to say that after I had taken delivery. If you use the chat option on the app page VW will give you a far better indication of progress.
SEL 2.0 litre Auto 4Motion
Colour Indium Grey Metallic
Alloy wheels, 18" Arlo Adamatium Silver
Reversing Camera, Park Assist & winter pack added

Bags84

Post by Bags84 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:27 am

After reading this decided to online chat VW to see what was happening with mine. Have been told that build week is unconfirmed for end of June. Ordered a 1.5 sel petrol manual in energetic orange with rear view camera in March.
Can't believe the build week is so far away!

Received a letter from the dealership regarding the change to emissions which included the option to cancel order if the emissions change.

Only problem is my current car lease ends beginning of July so looking like will be without a car now for a period of time!

Grrralph

Post by Grrralph » Tue May 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Bags84 - Your lease provider may be willing to extend the lease. You may want to contact them to enquire. I am currently leasing and Audi A4 and the lease is set up through the Volkswagen Finance. They have told me that as I have ordered a vehicle that is part of the same group they are willing to extend the lease, on exactly the same terms, for as long as it takes for my new car to be delivered. They just wanted me to let them have a contract/order number to enable them to verify this. Even if your current lease is not through VW Finance I expect that the provider may well be willing to negotiate.
Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 - arrived in UK 9 November and provisional date for collection 25 November.

Krzysztp

Post by Krzysztp » Tue May 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Guys- current build date in Poland is somewhere in 2019...
My wife will get it next week just because we ordered pre-configured ones 2 months ago
Starting Jul there is 2 mth vacation
Be patient🤨

DasAuto

Post by DasAuto » Wed May 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Which model (petrol/diesel, manual/DSG, volume) did your wife order? The consensus on this forum is that the 1.5 DSG variants have been significantly delayed. Did your dealer told you all orders from Poland are being pushed into 2019?
Awaiting build date: 1.5 TSI Advance, manual, Urano Gray. Poland

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”