Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
hafman

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by hafman » Wed May 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Just had a long conversation with the dealer after our "full & frank" discussion last week. He says that...

• Our Build Week is now set for Week 23 (we are currently in Week 18)
    Our delivery is therefore changed from a pessimistic ("we don't like to over-promise") end May to a now more realistic "end July"
    Build Weeks will only be confirmed by VW 4 weeks in advance, so he will re-check and re-confirm this time next week (Week 19)
    The delays have been caused by the transition to Model Year 19, with no mention of WLTP; he had no idea as to what the differences are between MY18 and MY19
    All cars built after Week 8 will have the "double height" boot floor
    He placed an order for a customer yesterday, and their delivery is 2019 !!
Quite frankly I am not sure that I want to believe any of the above, and won't be holding my breath for any stage to materialise as anticipated...
Cancelled due to excessive wait: T-Roc 1.5L TSI, DSG, 2WD, Atlantic Blue, Quart/Ceramic leather, heated steering wheel, electric tailgate, winter pack, rear view camera.

Missy P

Post by Missy P » Wed May 02, 2018 7:12 pm

I too received a letter from the dealer with regard to the change in emissions which I duly signed. The dealer and the VW chat are equally useless and are clueless as to what is going on.

I received a status change in my order from 'In the Factory' to 'In the Factory'......most useful. Neither will give me a ball park as to when the build week will be (ordered in February). I am very tempted to cancel this order as this really is unacceptable. They are still happily taking orders for the UK 1.5 DSG without explaining the situation to potential buyers. Unbelievable.
1.5 EVO, SE, DSG, Urano Grey, Park Assist, Active Info Display, Rear View Camera, Blind Spot Monitor, Discover Navigation, Winter Pack, Tinted Glass.

JennyWren

Post by JennyWren » Thu May 03, 2018 9:12 am

We ordered our T-Roc on 16 March with an estimated delivery date of 31 July - seemed a long wait but was resigned to waiting four months for a car that we really wanted. I've received the standard letter about CO2 emissions which presumably has gone to everyone who has an order in the pipeline. The app has been giving the status of "with the factory" for a few weeks now.

Yesterday I received a call from the salesman who dealt with our order, advising that the car would not be delivered until November - and that this had been brought forward from a 2019 date. He said that they were doing everything possible to try and bring this forward, but having read the other posts on this forum I am not holding out much hope, and I am sure they are unlikely to magically find a vehicle with the same spec that's already in the UK. Had we known how long the process would take, we would have looked at other options and perhaps chosen another make/model. Surely VW must have been aware when we ordered that July was over-ambitious? Very disappointed with the whole process and situation. :x

T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI 150PS EVO 7-speed DSG 5 Door in Deep Black Pearl

misspepper

Post by misspepper » Thu May 03, 2018 9:16 am

Hello, i'm from Holland and I received my 2.0 DSG last week :)

In other forums (german) they mention that the delay is not coused by emissions but by deliveryproblemens for de DSG.

You can however track the ships from Portugal to England, so you now when shipments are coming in.

The two ships who are carying the T-Roc's:

Paglia: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... sel:PAGLIA
Patara: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... sel:PATARA

Greetings from a very happy T-Roc owner. (order placed 31 januari, productiion week 9, delivery 25 april)

Monifieth Angus

Post by Monifieth Angus » Thu May 03, 2018 11:21 am

I was hoping mine is on the Pegasus Ace just docked at Port of Tyne! I have been watching those other two as well as back ups :)
T-Roc SE 1.0 Indium Grey, ordered end February, build week 16/04/18, in transit 23/04/18, collection date 23/05/18

gogsy

Post by gogsy » Thu May 03, 2018 11:23 am

@mispepper, thanks for the boat info - I wonder if mine is on the boat due into Emden on Saturday.

I ordered my T-Roc (white/silver Design 1.5 manual) at the end of November & got a text on Tuesday morning to say it was in transit (stage 5a).
This was after it being in the 'build week confirmed' stage for ages.
The build week was 7th may, so it's been built ahead of schedule.

I reckon it'll be here in Edinburgh by the end of May, maybe before that.

Monifieth Angus

Post by Monifieth Angus » Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am

As said, I'd been hoping mine was on the Pegasus Ace which has come from Setubal via Sheerness and Grimsby to Port of Tyne. All VW landing points so you'd think it was loaded with cars direct to UK and not via Emden. If the latter is the case, the cars would have to be unloaded and then put on one of the 'City of.....' ships to the UK, so lots of time taken up . I want mine in Dundee in 2 weeks but we'll see..........
T-Roc SE 1.0 Indium Grey, ordered end February, build week 16/04/18, in transit 23/04/18, collection date 23/05/18

scotty12

Post by scotty12 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:04 pm

I have just spoken to VW and I ordered my 1.5 SEL DSG middle of March.VW Just gave me an unconfirmed build date of 11/06. 8 weeks for that to happen and then 4 weeks for delivery. That takes it into middle of September when dealer told me it would be end of July. All this is on an unconfirmed build date so may well change.

Feel like the dealer mislead me a bit in saying it would be end of July. Surely they must have some idea of lead times and if there are any delays.

JennyWren

Post by JennyWren » Fri May 04, 2018 7:42 am

scotty12 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:04 pm
I have just spoken to VW and I ordered my 1.5 SEL DSG middle of March.VW Just gave me an unconfirmed build date of 11/06. 8 weeks for that to happen and then 4 weeks for delivery. That takes it into middle of September when dealer told me it would be end of July. All this is on an unconfirmed build date so may well change.

Feel like the dealer mislead me a bit in saying it would be end of July. Surely they must have some idea of lead times and if there are any delays.
Hi Scotty - who did you speak to in order to get the information on timescales? As per my post above, November seems too long to wait! Thanks.

Monifieth Angus

Post by Monifieth Angus » Fri May 04, 2018 7:53 am

App has just updated to say my car is in the UK :) Would appear it was indeed on the Pegasus Ace and never went to Emden. From following ship movements for over 2 weeks it seems to have been the only direct ship to the UK during that time as far as Volkswagens are concerned so don't know if cars also go via Emden.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”