Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Signature LED Running Lights

13K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  deftonkorn 
#1 ·
Discuss...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My understanding is that the (lozenge shaped) LED DLRs are only standard fit on the SEL and R-Line T-Rocs in the UK. Strange that a dealer is saying otherwise...

#3 ·
That's not the dealer - that's VW's UK twitter account clearly stating that.

That makes it worse - leads me to believe there have been configuration changes (there's a "new trim" flash on the models page of the vw site) I can't even see the option to add the running lights as an extra on the SE - only mention is for the LED headlights. However, the dealer site still states the SE has "LED running lights" as standard too!

So confused right now.

#4 ·
I'm getting a SE next week and it has LED DRL's. VW don't appear to have explained very well in the above 'chat'. On the S and SE the DRL'S are a straight line of LED's across the 'fake' air intake each side in the bumper with separate indicator immediately above. SEL and R-lines have the oval(ish) LED DRL's that surround the 'fake' air intake (changing from white to yellow for indicators).
Hope that explains. So yes, VW reply is correct - all T-Roc's get LED DRL's.

#5 ·
I can fully agree with RedRoc. All T-Roc's in all trims come with LED running lights. But the shape of the LED DRL's are different in different trims. In lower trims they are in a straight line, and in higer trims they are honeycomb shaped. Of course, you can add honeycomb shaped LED DRL's in lower trims as an option with the LED main lights.

#6 ·
Thanks guys - I see why the confusion is there then.

However the Design Demo I took for a test drive had the "honeycomb" lights and the extras to have them added aren't really clear as they only refer to the headlights...I do think there has been a change of trim in the interim. Hey ho!

#7 ·
The additional option of LED headlights is described as "also includes desperate signature led DRLs". I ordered them with my design trim model.

#9 ·
Yes, that is correct. If you choose these option you will get signature LED running lights (''honeycomb'' shaped). And as much as I know you can't add only the signature LED running lights without the LED headlights.

#13 ·
thinwhiteduke said:
When I drove a Design demo model it didn't have LED headlights but it had the "honeycomb" DRLs (hence my confusion / suspicion)
Some of the earlier build models had 'honeycomb' DRL's instead of straight, silver roof rails instead of black, large space-saver spare wheels instead of skinny space savers, etc. Never really been confirmed if it was a supply issue or just built sort of wrong.

#14 ·
RedRoc said:
thinwhiteduke said:
When I drove a Design demo model it didn't have LED headlights but it had the "honeycomb" DRLs (hence my confusion / suspicion)
Some of the earlier build models had 'honeycomb' DRL's instead of straight, silver roof rails instead of black, large space-saver spare wheels instead of skinny space savers, etc. Never really been confirmed if it was a supply issue or just built sort of wrong.
Is the basic trim got straight halogen DRL ans blinker like the one of the image a few post before, and the LED honeycomb shaped one is on the other trims.

I got the Honeycomb LED on mine, but like the shape of the straight better, but if it was LED I provably change it.

#19 ·
With the straight LED DRL's the blinker is above the LED line and it is halogen. With the honeycomb LED DRL's the blinker is LED, integrated with the DRL's (the white LED DRL's changes color to yellow when the blinker is turned on).

#20 ·
Levy said:
With the straight LED DRL's the blinker is above the LED line and it is halogen. With the honeycomb LED DRL's the blinker is LED, integrated with the DRL's (the white LED DRL's changes color to yellow when the blinker is turned on).
This is what I mean when I say the straight ones are not led, but I say DRL, still like it more the design of the straight ones, but I got the honeycomb by trim level, if someone will exchange it :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.