Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Problem with Chrome Trim?

18K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  thinwhiteduke 
#1 ·
Anyone had any issues with the chrome trim on their car so far?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ah, I see some now I look closely. Does it rub off? I'm off out to look at mine now!

#7 ·
I remember my sons Astra Gtc having a similar problem-we never did get to the bottom of why it went like that-sorry not much help I know. I do though remember him taking it back to the Vauxhall garage, and them sorting it out-as said, we didn't know why it went like that.

#8 ·
My mate had a Merc which had similar trim and it developed the same problem at about 2 years old. Mercedes replaced it under warranty, no problem. It will be interesting to see whether VW replace it without a fight. Lots of warranty claims seem to be a fight with VW nowadays.

#10 ·
Thanks for the responses so far.

Been back to dealer today - we both suspect it is probably caused by a product the valeter has used. Will be interested to see if other cars washed at the same time are affected too.

#11 ·
I'd a 2 year old Audi A6 I bought off a mate. He only ever had it cleaned at the local Euro car wash.

They use TFR traffic film remover which strips wax and all sorts from the bodywork. It was later described to me as a watered down version of alloy wheel cleaner. It left the Crome just like yours.

I've always hand washed all my own cars ever since and never had a problem since.

#13 ·
Hi 'duke,

Any updates on your problem-Did you pay for, and take up, the optional Autoglym look shine application. This is usually done on vehicles prior to picking it up. Just wondered, because I had asked for this, and i'm now having second thoughts?
Regards-
Geoff

#14 ·
Still waiting to hear back from the dealer - I did pay for Supaguard interior and exterior protection. When I first picked up all looked beautiful but once I went back in with the car to have the USB ports replaced - it came back like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.