Ship stalking - in transit?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Domstark

Ship stalking - in transit?

Post by Domstark » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:08 am

Thanks to this forum, I’ve started tracking two ships known for their routes from the VW T-Roc Factory in Portugal!

From the looks of things the Pegasus Ace and the Paglia are on their way to Setubul. There’s chance one or both of them may go via Barcelona or another port, but it’s looking hopeful that a number of our orders could progress further this week!

Who currently has an order in ‘in transit’!? What have you ordered?

Lisajh

Re: Ship stalking - in transit?

Post by Lisajh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi my 1.0 SE has been in transit since first week Sept. I contacted my dealer today as ‘in transit’ suggests my delivery could be earlier than expected. However he was vague and said still expect Nov/Dec delivery ...really!!?
T-Roc SE 1.0 TSI pure white

Monifieth Angus

Post by Monifieth Angus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Don’t worry, this is normal (almost) behaviour. I followed Pegasus Ace in May from Setubal to the UK and eventually the Tyne!
T-Roc SE 1.0 Indium Grey, ordered end February, build week 16/04/18, in transit 23/04/18, collection date 23/05/18

Choppersangel

Post by Choppersangel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:56 am

Wow - am totally new to this forum, at the earliest stage of ordering a new T-Roc 1.0L SE through Motability - have a husband who loves shipping... Thanks for the 'stalking'! A long way from ours being available to follow but am sure this will prove entertaining and probably frustrating in equal measure. Stalk on! :P

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Monifieth Angus wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Don’t worry, this is normal (almost) behaviour. I followed Pegasus Ace in May from Setubal to the UK and eventually the Tyne!
Me too. Me & Angus were on the same ship :-D
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

Domstark

Post by Domstark » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 am

IT’S IN THE UK! I’m so surprised. I’ve been watching and waiting for the two ships (Pegasus Ace and Paglia) to return to Setubul to pick up my car, thinking I’d get a notification saying it’s on its way from port to port.

New ship to track: Aquarius Ace.

Did anyone else get notification that theirs was in the U.K.?

troc-on

Post by troc-on » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Yes mine went from confirmed build week to in transit and then on 14th Sep when pegasus ace arrived at Port of Tyne I got a text and the app updated to say car arrived in the UK, I asked my dealer for a status without mentioning the messages and they said it's arrived in the UK.

Lisajh

Post by Lisajh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:27 pm

How long can a car be in transit? And how do I find out exactly where it is?

troc-on

Post by troc-on » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:48 pm

I asked VW chat and got 2 answers, one was its on the pegasus ace en-route to embden, another saying its still in Portugal awaiting to be assigned a boat, 24hrs after the second chat it arrived in the UK, as for how long in transit it really depends on timing on getting on a boat, for example the boats could have just left and it needs to wait on them returning? I was quoted from 1 week to 8 weeks in transit depending on connections and available space on boat and transporter to dealer. Mine was in transit for a week, now ts been at "arrived in the UK" stage for 6 days as of today.

Lisajh

Post by Lisajh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks...a how long is a piece of string convo then. I’ve also asked VW chat this afternoon as app says I’ve been in transit since 6/9. VW chat says it hadn’t left factory til 17/9, could be 10 days waiting for a boat?? Then 4/5 weeks in a ship to Embden... really!! Think they are making it up as they go along personally

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”