So the other half has decided she's not keen on the design model.

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Negativepitch

So the other half has decided she's not keen on the design model.

Post by Negativepitch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 pm

Yep"..........that's what I got tonight just as I was going to order tomorrow.
She prefers the all one colour.
So......as far as the external look goes, does the se have the same amount of chrome as in on the bottom of the front air intake, the rear and more importantly the sides like it does on the design and sel.
I have been trying to find shots of the se but as usual most of the shots are of the launch vehicles.
Thanks.
Off to the fridge for a cold beer.

Max

Re: So the other half has decided she's not keen on the design model.

Post by Max » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:08 pm

The SE does not have the chrome on the doors. I'm sure that you can order a Design with matching roof. you don't have to order a 2 tone. You will also loose the tinted windows on the SE.
1.0 TSI Petrol, Manual, Design, Metallic Indium Grey, Black Roof, Fog Lights, Mayfield Black Wheels, Park Assist.

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:48 pm

You can see 9 detailed pictures of the SE in 'Gallery' including a 360 degree rotating view of the interior by going to the VW website and then configure your choices / options etc.

One of the options is to add 'Rear Chrome Strip'. On completion of your configured car, click on "GO TO SUMMARY" at the bottom of the screen.

You are taken to new screen at the top of which are the icons 'Gallery' and '360 deg View'.......... yes you will see a lorra lorra chrome, as Cilla Black would have said, may she rest in peace. :P

PS
:!: The Design only offers 24 x 2 tone options but no mono tone as suggested by #Max
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps Design, [ via CarWow / JCT600 ]
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue Cloth/dashpad
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

Negativepitch

Post by Negativepitch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 am

Thanks again.
I will have a look on carwow as they do list solids but I'm not sure then if you have to pick a roof as I have not gone that far with it only choosing a roof which comes as £0.

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:13 am

Why use carwow ?
The vw Configurator is what you should be using
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Jan 19

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:02 am

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:13 am
Why use carwow ?
The vw Configurator is what you should be using
Negativepitch wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 am
Thanks again.
I will have a look on carwow as they do list solids but I'm not sure then if you have to pick a roof as I have not gone that far with it only choosing a roof which comes as £0.
As I previously recommended, configure your car at www.volkswagen.co.uk then for best price offers go to Carwow and using your VW configurator choices, enter as much detail as you can on Carwow's options screen.

You will then receive up to 5 email discounted offers from a selection of dealers. Contact the best and then discuss your required specification with them. You may be lucky, as I was :D , and be offered a suitable car for immediate delivery. If you must have a car built to your exact specification then you will be quoted an ESTIMATED delivery of between 3 to 12 months :o

However be suspicious of any short term delivery periods, they could be after your deposit as experienced and reported by many members of this forum.
Last edited by JAMCT on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 am

The best price I got was from autoebid. Nearly 4k off list price. Tried the others but this was the best at the time of ordering in June.
Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. B/W 39, in the UK somewhere. Collection March '19.

Negativepitch

Post by Negativepitch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Dolphinfriendly1012 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 am
The best price I got was from autoebid. Nearly 4k off list price. Tried the others but this was the best at the time of ordering in June.
I didn't know about them.
I have just put in my details.
See what comes back.
The problem I have is that I have to put in my order in on my carwow offers by Saturday as they run out because of the new reg.
We are not bothered about the reg as we plan on keeping it a very long term anyway.

ShuF

Post by ShuF » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 am

As previous poster stated, you don't need to have two-tone on the Design, all it really does is knock the £475 (I think that's the price) for the roof off so you pay the same price for "solid" or 2 tone.
SF
T-Roc SEL 1.5 EVO Ravenna Blue with Black Roof, Montego Bay wheels, Sports Pack, Winter pack & lumbar support :D Ordered 18/05/18 5a 23/10/18 Stage 6 10/11/18 Stage 7 14/11/18....Picked up 22/11/18

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 am

Using the UK configurator [some Euro countries have different specifications] I have tried to choose a Mono-colour 'DESIGN' without success.

The choices starting with any of the 'Choose Engine' option take one to 'Choose Paint'. This displays a DEFAULT colour of Urano Grey Pure White for £0. Change to a Flat/Solid paint adds £280 or for Metallic/Pearl adds £575.

I have then gone through the remaining configurator options and when arriving at 'Change Paint' as required for some of the other choices, we are back to the original 'Choose Colour' screen.

So unless a showroom sales representative can override the colour options, I can't see how to select a Mono-colour Design T-ROC.
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”