Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Hawkeye

Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Has anyone tried chipping or mapping their T-Roc - if so which have you used?

Whilst there seem to be a few products out there, the one from Racechip looks (on the face of it) to be pretty good for 1.0 and 2.0 engines

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/vw/t-ro ... 320nm.html

Anyone any experience?
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION ordered 20-10-2018
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Smarttask

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by Smarttask » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:27 pm

I have used RaceChip for year’s on petrol & diesel’s 2 Range Rover’s , BMW X5, 2 BMW X1’s, Mercesdes 250 sport, Beetle Dune and will be putting one on my T-Roc 2.0 TDI 150 4Motion as soon as Racechip have reprogrammed my old one... in my opinion RaceChip are a very professional company and I would have no hesitation in recommending them..

brid

Post by brid » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Here it is completely illegal to enhance a vehicle in any manner. All spec has to be exactly as described in the car manufacturers documents.
Any deviation carries penalties and any insurance is deemed void :o . If the Guardia find something suspect then the car is impounded. If you want to add running boards, tow bar, bull bars then the vehicle has to be sent to a government test centre and the addition logged in the information document of that car.
If you subsequently take anything standard oran addition off the vehicle then the procedure is the same - a complete retest- this also applies to anything fitted by a dealer after production So...……..
How do you get away with any such performance enhancing devices in the UK, do you inform the insurance or do you just "wing it" and hope you don't get caught.
I just wonder if they can be made legal in any way?
Sport 1.5 TSI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Any modifications such as this need to be declared to the insurer but are fully legal in the UK, also there is also the issue of your warranty, this will void anything that fails if it's linked to the engine if it fails due to performance enhancement. Shame as in Germany I believe abt do mods that are covered by the standard warranty.
Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. B/W 39, in the UK somewhere. Collection March '19.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Brilliant news, sounds like Racechip it is. I've enquired of the insurance, and whilst some companies won't cover engine modifications, there are still plenty of reputable insurance companies who do. I always ensure that all mods, engine or otherwise are always declared.
Yes there is a risk under warranty of engine failure, however, I've taken great care in the past to ensure that any engine enhancement is always readily within the engine limits. And as with any engine power increase modification, the main thing is to ensure that oil changes are done regularly to manufacturers specs, and at least once a year.

Appreciate all the feedback, cheers
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION ordered 20-10-2018
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:31 am

Have you seen this one,
https://www.quantumtuning.co.uk/ecu-rem ... 20Present)
Obviously should read 1.5L
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Jan 19

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:06 am

Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. B/W 39, in the UK somewhere. Collection March '19.

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Yes, that’s a great big dollop of torque !
Who needs diesel?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Jan 19

havsgaard

Post by havsgaard » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm

In regards of the 1. 5 tsi, then it has a gasoline particulate filter, and it is causing problems for several tuners at the moment, no matter if you are talking remap or tunings box. I think ptronic have found a way to get around the problem, however neither dte (or dtuk which is just a rebadged dte), or racechip have the 1. 5 tsi. DTE had the 1.5 tsi for a short period, but due to problems with gpf, it was removed again from their site, as it was causing engine error. For remaps, not even ABT or br-performance have any coding available yet for the 1.5. Last time I talked with br-performance they 'hoped' to have cracked the ecu around new-year, but nothing is certain.
1.5 tsi dsg - black oak - sport trim - navigation - sport package with lowered suspension - reverse cam - park sensors

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”