Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi,
If anyone ever needs any help with insurance for a chip, re-map or tuning box then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Laurenb92

Post by Laurenb92 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi

Just want to bump this up to see if anyone else has done it? I’m on a PCP deal so I am going to speak to VW finance to seek permission for a stage one (I’m not holding out much hope and won’t do it unless they say so)

I thought a 1.6 would be sufficient for me but I am missing the poke I had in my previous car. I know it would invalidate certain parts of my warranty but the company I am using offers warranty if the stage one was to damage any part of the vehicle.

To be honest I don’t know if it’s worth it for the slight inconvenience it’s giving me... if anyone has any opinions or if you’ve had a stage 1 on your t-roc I’d be interested to know if you think it’s worth it.

I wish I went for the 1.5 tsi or 2.0 now
T-Roc 1.6 TDI R-Line silver white two tone black roof

Andy_Troc

Post by Andy_Troc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 pm

havsgaard wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm
In regards of the 1. 5 tsi, then it has a gasoline particulate filter, and it is causing problems for several tuners at the moment, no matter if you are talking remap or tunings box. I think ptronic have found a way to get around the problem, however neither dte (or dtuk which is just a rebadged dte), or racechip have the 1. 5 tsi. DTE had the 1.5 tsi for a short period, but due to problems with gpf, it was removed again from their site, as it was causing engine error. For remaps, not even ABT or br-performance have any coding available yet for the 1.5. Last time I talked with br-performance they 'hoped' to have cracked the ecu around new-year, but nothing is certain.
New member here, I have a t-roc on order for delivery in January 2019. I have been speaking to DTUK ( www.diesel-performance.co.uk ) who I believe use DTE hardware and they have just signed off on a revised system for the 1.5 TSI. According to the guy on their online chat, the 1.5 uses a slightly different SENT sensor?? to other VW group engines. DTE have revised their boards which has resulted in the issues being ironed out.

havsgaard

Post by havsgaard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Andy_Troc wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 pm
New member here, I have a t-roc on order for delivery in January 2019. I have been speaking to DTUK ( www.diesel-performance.co.uk ) who I believe use DTE hardware and they have just signed off on a revised system for the 1.5 TSI. According to the guy on their online chat, the 1.5 uses a slightly different SENT sensor?? to other VW group engines. DTE have revised their boards which has resulted in the issues being ironed out.
True, the initial suspicion of issue being related to the gpf was not correct. The issue was the intake air sensor which uses a different Sent protocol.

Previously I've been using dtuk products and was satisfied all along.... until last time I bought a product from them. I had lots of issues, sent module back and forth for reprogramming, new looming new module etc. It ended with them claiming it was a fault with my car and that I should provoke the error with the tuning module mounted, then remove module once error occurred and drive to my dealer and let them fix it. Worst suggestion ever and proved to me, that they have absolutely no clue about the design of the tuning box. With my 14 years of experience with software testing and electronics design, I was quite offended by this suggestion. So I took contact directly to DTE and got in contact with their chief engineer. After me testing a lot of different scenarios, they actually found out, that it was a fault in the communication, and removed the tuning module from their webshop, until proper developed. So I will only buy from DTE in the future, they have shown excellent customer service and willingness to help.
1.5 tsi dsg - black oak - sport trim - navigation - sport package with lowered suspension - reverse cam - park sensors

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”