Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi,
If anyone ever needs any help with insurance for a chip, re-map or tuning box then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Laurenb92
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by Laurenb92 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi

Just want to bump this up to see if anyone else has done it? I’m on a PCP deal so I am going to speak to VW finance to seek permission for a stage one (I’m not holding out much hope and won’t do it unless they say so)

I thought a 1.6 would be sufficient for me but I am missing the poke I had in my previous car. I know it would invalidate certain parts of my warranty but the company I am using offers warranty if the stage one was to damage any part of the vehicle.

To be honest I don’t know if it’s worth it for the slight inconvenience it’s giving me... if anyone has any opinions or if you’ve had a stage 1 on your t-roc I’d be interested to know if you think it’s worth it.

I wish I went for the 1.5 tsi or 2.0 now
T-Roc 1.6 TDI R-Line silver white two tone black roof

Andy_Troc
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by Andy_Troc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 pm

havsgaard wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm
In regards of the 1. 5 tsi, then it has a gasoline particulate filter, and it is causing problems for several tuners at the moment, no matter if you are talking remap or tunings box. I think ptronic have found a way to get around the problem, however neither dte (or dtuk which is just a rebadged dte), or racechip have the 1. 5 tsi. DTE had the 1.5 tsi for a short period, but due to problems with gpf, it was removed again from their site, as it was causing engine error. For remaps, not even ABT or br-performance have any coding available yet for the 1.5. Last time I talked with br-performance they 'hoped' to have cracked the ecu around new-year, but nothing is certain.
New member here, I have a t-roc on order for delivery in January 2019. I have been speaking to DTUK ( www.diesel-performance.co.uk ) who I believe use DTE hardware and they have just signed off on a revised system for the 1.5 TSI. According to the guy on their online chat, the 1.5 uses a slightly different SENT sensor?? to other VW group engines. DTE have revised their boards which has resulted in the issues being ironed out.

havsgaard
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by havsgaard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Andy_Troc wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 pm
New member here, I have a t-roc on order for delivery in January 2019. I have been speaking to DTUK ( www.diesel-performance.co.uk ) who I believe use DTE hardware and they have just signed off on a revised system for the 1.5 TSI. According to the guy on their online chat, the 1.5 uses a slightly different SENT sensor?? to other VW group engines. DTE have revised their boards which has resulted in the issues being ironed out.
True, the initial suspicion of issue being related to the gpf was not correct. The issue was the intake air sensor which uses a different Sent protocol.

Previously I've been using dtuk products and was satisfied all along.... until last time I bought a product from them. I had lots of issues, sent module back and forth for reprogramming, new looming new module etc. It ended with them claiming it was a fault with my car and that I should provoke the error with the tuning module mounted, then remove module once error occurred and drive to my dealer and let them fix it. Worst suggestion ever and proved to me, that they have absolutely no clue about the design of the tuning box. With my 14 years of experience with software testing and electronics design, I was quite offended by this suggestion. So I took contact directly to DTE and got in contact with their chief engineer. After me testing a lot of different scenarios, they actually found out, that it was a fault in the communication, and removed the tuning module from their webshop, until proper developed. So I will only buy from DTE in the future, they have shown excellent customer service and willingness to help.
1.5 tsi dsg - black oak - sport trim - navigation - sport package with lowered suspension - reverse cam - park sensors

T-Rocster
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by T-Rocster » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:16 am

I'm currently looking to see whats available for the 1.5 Eco engine in the T-Roc. I had a ChipExpress tuner in my 2.0 TDI Q5 which was then reconfigured for my SQ5. It made a huge difference to both the performance and improved fuel economy. I'd say it paid for itself in the 4 years I had it installed. It was very easy to fit and remove if the car was going in to be serviced etc. I emailed Race Chips a few weeks ago, but they didn't currently have a release date for my engine.
1.5 SEL DSG in Indium grey
Electric tailgate
Winter pack
Park assist
Rear view camera
Keyless entry

havsgaard
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by havsgaard » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:46 am

T-Rocster wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:16 am
I'm currently looking to see whats available for the 1.5 Eco engine in the T-Roc. I had a ChipExpress tuner in my 2.0 TDI Q5 which was then reconfigured for my SQ5. It made a huge difference to both the performance and improved fuel economy. I'd say it paid for itself in the 4 years I had it installed. It was very easy to fit and remove if the car was going in to be serviced etc. I emailed Race Chips a few weeks ago, but they didn't currently have a release date for my engine.
You can have a look at these guys
https://www.chiptuning.com/en/vw/t-roc- ... ntrol.html
1.5 tsi dsg - black oak - sport trim - navigation - sport package with lowered suspension - reverse cam - park sensors

T-Rocster
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by T-Rocster » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks havsgaard,

DTE Systems were the only reputable company I'd found that currently do a chip upgrade for the T-Roc. At 489 euro I found them a bit too pricey. I'll wait and see what other offerings come on to the market over the next few months.
1.5 SEL DSG in Indium grey
Electric tailgate
Winter pack
Park assist
Rear view camera
Keyless entry

havsgaard
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by havsgaard » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:49 pm

T-Rocster wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:52 am
Thanks havsgaard,

DTE Systems were the only reputable company I'd found that currently do a chip upgrade for the T-Roc. At 489 euro I found them a bit too pricey. I'll wait and see what other offerings come on to the market over the next few months.
I know they sometimes have special discounts e.g. Black Friday, the same with dtuk.
1.5 tsi dsg - black oak - sport trim - navigation - sport package with lowered suspension - reverse cam - park sensors

Andy_Troc
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by Andy_Troc » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:47 pm

havsgaard wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:46 pm
Andy_Troc wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 pm
New member here, I have a t-roc on order for delivery in January 2019. I have been speaking to DTUK ( www.diesel-performance.co.uk ) who I believe use DTE hardware and they have just signed off on a revised system for the 1.5 TSI. According to the guy on their online chat, the 1.5 uses a slightly different SENT sensor?? to other VW group engines. DTE have revised their boards which has resulted in the issues being ironed out.
True, the initial suspicion of issue being related to the gpf was not correct. The issue was the intake air sensor which uses a different Sent protocol.

Previously I've been using dtuk products and was satisfied all along.... until last time I bought a product from them. I had lots of issues, sent module back and forth for reprogramming, new looming new module etc. It ended with them claiming it was a fault with my car and that I should provoke the error with the tuning module mounted, then remove module once error occurred and drive to my dealer and let them fix it. Worst suggestion ever and proved to me, that they have absolutely no clue about the design of the tuning box. With my 14 years of experience with software testing and electronics design, I was quite offended by this suggestion. So I took contact directly to DTE and got in contact with their chief engineer. After me testing a lot of different scenarios, they actually found out, that it was a fault in the communication, and removed the tuning module from their webshop, until proper developed. So I will only buy from DTE in the future, they have shown excellent customer service and willingness to help.
at the time the info we (DTUK) relayed to you was the info that was being relayed to us from DTE. As you know they supply our boxes, but unlike many other vehicles we did not have a 1.5 on fleet to test etc. At that time and to this day we still have 6 x 1.5 Tfsi's out there running the same kit (non updated firmware) that you originally had running without any issues. It was a very bizarre issues to solve, but thankfully it was sorted.

At the time DTE had no idea other than to blame the customers car, more so when both they and us knew we had other cars out there running without issues.. So to say we didn't try and help is a little unfair as we were simply relaying info from Germany :)

Germany thought it was GPF issue, and I actually said that i thought wasn't and that it was something else. It was I/we/DTUK that pushed them (DTE) to make sure that they tested various different VAG brands to makes sure everything was sorted 100%...

But yes, eventually the issue was found to be the sensor rather than anything else. We've since had loan of an Audi A3 1.5TFSI 150PS and have managed to increase and improve the files on the box due to the UK not having any TUV regulations
Last edited by Andy_Troc on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andy_Troc
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Chipping/Mapping a T-Roc

Post by Andy_Troc » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:53 pm

T-Rocster wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:52 am
Thanks havsgaard,

DTE Systems were the only reputable company I'd found that currently do a chip upgrade for the T-Roc. At 489 euro I found them a bit too pricey. I'll wait and see what other offerings come on to the market over the next few months.
the price offered by DTE and ourselves DTUK for a SENT compatible tuning system on the 1.5TFSI Is very reasonable, SENT tuning kits are 550-600 elsewhere for vehicles like S4/S5/RS3 that use the same hardware :).

At present were offering the kit with app control for £421.91 inc vat and uk delivery when you use the code SPRING

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tu ... 498-ccm-8/

Post Reply