TROC Registration Date

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Filip18

TROC Registration Date

Post by Filip18 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi my Troc ordered in August is finally here in the UK but I like some others would prefer to register it in January dealer has told my wife that they have to register it within a short time of them receiving it. Is this correct and can I insist on Jan registration. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hawkeye

Re: TROC Registration Date

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm

That's rubbish. There are absolutely no time constraints (that I'm aware of) on registering newly delivered cars. Simply put the dealer wants his cash and the car sold asap so he doesn't have to store it and is spinning you a line accordingly.

It also makes his December deals (number of cars sold) look better if he registers this month.

Stick your ground for a January registration date - if he still objects, then ask him to point you to the necessary government legislation that says so. Having said that, do check the small print of the agreement you signed when you put your deposit down just in case you have inadvertantly signed up to something you were not aware of, i.e. that you will take delivery with "n" days of the car being delivered to the dealer.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION ordered 20-10-2018
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Filip18

Post by Filip18 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks, this is what I thought I will check the documentation tonight to see what it says

TEGold

Post by TEGold » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:44 pm

19 registration plates will not be available until March, 2019. Any car registered prior to March receives 68 plates. The value of the car is not based upon the registration date but rather the vehicles model year. The only reason to opt for 19 plates is so others know for certain it is a model year car because obviously a 68 plate could be a model year 18 or 19.
2019 T-Roc 1.5 TSI R-Line, Petrol, Manual, Indium Grey, DCC, High Beam Assist, Side Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Panoramic Sunroof, Electric Boot, Beats and Pre Crash. Ordered 04.04.2018.

Hance_uk

Post by Hance_uk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:52 am

It depends on the deal you’ve bought and any incentives which are on the car. I bought my car in September and I had to take deliver before the end of December or they wouldn’t accept my order.
Black T-Roc 1.6 TDI 115PS R Line Manual

braveheart74

Post by braveheart74 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:42 am

I ordered mine in October 2017, dealer said car would arrive at the end of January 2018. I asked if they would keep it until March so that I could get an 18 reg. they said only if it arrived in February.
In the end I was happy to get the car asap and I doubt it will make a great deal of difference in the resale value as it is a 2018 car
VW T-Roc 1.5 Sel with Sports Pack,pure white, black roof.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”