Lane assist ?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Lisajh
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:47 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Lane assist ?

Post by Lisajh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Love my TRoc now 3 m old but still not sure I appreciate lane assist. Any body else any views ... I like the idea of it but find it distracting when it suddenly tries to correct you when you least expect it. Understand I can turn it off tho. Must admit I still need to read the manual more thoroughly.
T-Roc SE 1.0 TSI pure white


Steve
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Steve » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:05 pm

Lisajh wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:06 pm
Love my TRoc now 3 m old but still not sure I appreciate lane assist. Any body else any views ... I like the idea of it but find it distracting when it suddenly tries to correct you when you least expect it. Understand I can turn it off tho. Must admit I still need to read the manual more thoroughly.
Hi. I have used Lane assist I dont really find it any help.Same as cruise control
i feel uneasy using it.
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Park assist.Lane assist.


Grrralph
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Grrralph » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:12 am

I think that both lane a assist and adaptive cruise control work very well. They are new features for me and i have spent time getting used to how they behave. I undefrstand initial reservation and mistrust, but I have built confidence in these and now would not be without them. Both excellent for safety and make driving on a motorway run more relaxing. Land assist just gently encourages you back into your lane if you are tending to drift out. It's very subtle. It deactivates automatically if you indicate till your lane change is complete. If you really don't want it you can switch it off in settings but I don't see what's not to like. Adaptive cruise control works amazingly well with the DSG gearbox as it will bring you to a complete standstill if needed. one important thing to learn is that it will not react to a car that is stationary as you approach (as opposed to one that is reducing speed). I have just completed a 200 miles mainly motorway drive Manchester to London and these aids made my journey significantly more relaxing than before. Curious to know what others feel.
Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 - arrived in UK 9 November and provisional date for collection 25 November.


Ianh
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Ianh » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:14 am

I agree with the last comment, Lane assist and Cruise control work well if used in the right situation, which for me is mainly motorway journeys. I also think it encourages use of indicators on motorways as when you indicate it temporarily switches off lane assist, rather than trying to fight against it. What I do use quite a lot on non motorway roads is the speed limiter, where you drive normally but can set the max speed of the vehicle to the road limit. This stops you drifting over the speed limit and avoid all the speed camera "accidents" especially if you don't know the area.

Ian H
R-Line 1.5 manual pure white/Black roof


RedRoc
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:09 am
Location: South Yorks. UK

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by RedRoc » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:04 pm

Tried lane assist for about a week, then turned it off. Lots of narrow roads and pot holes around here so have to cross/get near to centre line many times and I got fed up of the car trying to either put me down a hole or steer me into a ditch!!!
Probably good for motorways, but too much hassle for me to turn back on.
T-Roc 1.0 SE Flash Red - it's great ☺


Newtroconthebloc
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:29 pm

RedRoc wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:04 pm
Tried lane assist for about a week, then turned it off. Lots of narrow roads and pot holes around here so have to cross/get near to centre line many times and I got fed up of the car trying to either put me down a hole or steer me into a ditch!!!
Probably good for motorways, but too much hassle for me to turn back on.
I haven’t got mine yet but would never consider using it on a regular two way road. Does the manual suggest it can be ? I would have thought not.
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.


Bellasdad
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Bellasdad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 pm

I never turn mine off, it’s a brilliant feature and I can’t imagine being without it. New technology can be daunting but it’s there to aid the driving experience and believe me it does work a treat.
T-Roc R Line 1.5 manual. White silver with black roof.


Newtroconthebloc
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:38 pm

Bellasdad wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 pm
I never turn mine off, it’s a brilliant feature and I can’t imagine being without it. New technology can be daunting but it’s there to aid the driving experience and believe me it does work a treat.
I agree, I shall certainly give it a good test and use it without doubt but I feel RedRoc has a point. Along a narrow lane with potholes etc you would be constantly fighting it unless you indicate each time
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.


Bellasdad
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Bellasdad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:27 pm

It doesn't activate unless you are doing over 40mph which is a speed you wouldn't normally reach down most narrow lanes let alone one with potholes. The more you use and get accustomed to the system the more you appreciate it.
I personally enjoy it but am aware other won't. That's why there's a button to disable it I suppose.
T-Roc R Line 1.5 manual. White silver with black roof.


Newtroconthebloc
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Bellasdad wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:27 pm
It doesn't activate unless you are doing over 40mph which is a speed you wouldn't normally reach down most narrow lanes let alone one with potholes. The more you use and get accustomed to the system the more you appreciate it.
I personally enjoy it but am aware other won't. That's why there's a button to disable it I suppose.
Ah that makes sense, I didn’t know the 40mph bit. Can’t wait to try mine out on Thursday after 6months wait !
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”