Lane assist ?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Mackemsteve

Re: Lane assist ?

Post by Mackemsteve » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Adaptive cruise control is the best feature going, lane assist is good also. I use both all the time (obviously lane assist only works "out of town" in general), and it's made driving so much "easier", for want of a better word. The dull carriageway on the way home from work fluctuates from 20ish to 50ish with the amount of traffic and ACC just keeps me tootling along at the right speed and at the right "safe distance", no constant braking and acceleratng from me, the car just does it. Similary on other journeys, just fractionally adjusting the speed to keep you the right distance behind - I find it relieves stress & frustration.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

brid

Post by brid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Mackemsteve wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:09 pm
Adaptive cruise control is the best feature going, lane assist is good also.
Hi Mackemsteve,
Can you confirm a couple of points regarding ACC. Does the system accept overriding throttle control when wanting to overtake past the set max in a similar way of a "normal" cruise control and , assuming using the indicator before changing lanes to stop lane assist interference when the overtake is complete does the system resume the set speed of the ACC or match the speed of the traffic when dropping back into line.
If the system is temporary disabled by use of the brake does the ACC "rearm" to the last used speed or do you have to reset the unit?
Thanks.
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

Grrralph

Post by Grrralph » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Mackemsteve - my thoughts exactly.
Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 - arrived in UK 9 November collected 26 November '18.

foz1nho

Post by foz1nho » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 pm

brid wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:39 pm
Mackemsteve wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:09 pm
Adaptive cruise control is the best feature going, lane assist is good also.
Hi Mackemsteve,
Can you confirm a couple of points regarding ACC. Does the system accept overriding throttle control when wanting to overtake past the set max in a similar way of a "normal" cruise control and , assuming using the indicator before changing lanes to stop lane assist interference when the overtake is complete does the system resume the set speed of the ACC or match the speed of the traffic when dropping back into line.
If the system is temporary disabled by use of the brake does the ACC "rearm" to the last used speed or do you have to reset the unit?
Thanks.
From my experiences:
-Yes you can accelerate past the set speed. The system will then revert to the set speed once you release the accelerator
-Indicator does indeed temporarily disable lane assist. WIll resume when in new lane and indicator no longer on
-After an overtake ACC will go to set speed or match traffic speed if within radar range (which ever is slowest)
-If you disable ACC by braking you just press the "res" button and it will go back to the last selected speed
1.0 TSI SE
Special solid - Pure white
Standard Config

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Yes, confirm what foz1nho said.
If you speed up to overtake, then pull back in, the car will revert to the speed you had set, or slower if there's still a slower car in front (up to the set distance).
Also ACC stops you undertaking (display shows a graphic of a car in the other lane, to let you know). Just blipping the accelerator tells it to ignore that and carry on with the undertake (eg off-slip or whatever). If you're slowed by a car in front while on ACC, when you indicate to overtake it starts to accelerate, even before you move out of lane.
The ACC gives 5 (I think) different ranges. 1 is pretty close, 5 is too far back. I tend to use 3, that's sufficiently far that you fully trust the system and is good in pulsing traffic flows. On 1 you'd use the brake yourself, I feel. There are those who feel tailgating is the only way to drive, on "1" setting you're not quite tailgating but it's out of my comfort zone.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018