Chances of getting one in stock?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Ulyx

Chances of getting one in stock?

Post by Ulyx » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Hey all,

So last week I went into a dealer and ordered a T-Roc through the motability scheme!

I'm really eager to get one, and the salesman did say that if I was a bit flexible with my specs, I could have one sooner rather than later.
With that in mind, I did opt for the standard SE 1.0 trim level, in Indium Grey, however I did also mention that I'm open to other colours if it makes it quicker.

With that being said, what are the chances, realistically, of being able to receive it soon? Is there anything else I can do on my side to help with the process? I haven't been told about having to order factory as the salesman did say he'll try to find one in the UK first.

Sorry if the question is silly, I'm just really excited about the T-Roc and hopefully I'll be lucky with this!

niche

Re: Chances of getting one in stock?

Post by niche » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi

I can't speak of the 1.0 but I got my 1.5 SE Manual within 10 days.
One of the quickest ways to see current stock (that I know of - I'm sure there are others) is

https://quotes.carwow.co.uk/car_configu ... slug=t-roc

I got around 12% off using Carwow - but even if that isn't your intention - you can see stock they have available within a few minutes.
You can put in different specs - base config, then maybe with your preferred options.

Give it a go..

Good luck!

Oh and as I'm now looking for a DSG I've noticed that the pricing is very variable - ie this month is less discount than 2 weeks ago and less cars - so be prepared to try various quotes over a few weeks. I'm guessing as we approach March they have more demand for the 19 plate.. even if the general demand is really high and for non stock cars, you'd have to wait months. On that basis you'll see that some Carwow "offers" come in at 0% off - ie they have a rare car and there is demand!
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

Ulyx

Post by Ulyx » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:05 pm

niche wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:35 pm
Hi

I can't speak of the 1.0 but I got my 1.5 SE Manual within 10 days.
One of the quickest ways to see current stock (that I know of - I'm sure there are others) is

https://quotes.carwow.co.uk/car_configu ... slug=t-roc

I got around 12% off using Carwow - but even if that isn't your intention - you can see stock they have available within a few minutes.
You can put in different specs - base config, then maybe with your preferred options.

Give it a go..

Good luck!

Oh and as I'm now looking for a DSG I've noticed that the pricing is very variable - ie this month is less discount than 2 weeks ago and less cars - so be prepared to try various quotes over a few weeks. I'm guessing as we approach March they have more demand for the 19 plate.. even if the general demand is really high and for non stock cars, you'd have to wait months. On that basis you'll see that some Carwow "offers" come in at 0% off - ie they have a rare car and there is demand!
Thanks for the suggestion!

If carwow's figures are correct, there are apparently quite a few stock cars available around the UK!
Hopefully then my chosen dealer will be able to get one asap. Do you think that telling them to expand their search to different colours, not just Indium Grey, would help at all?

10 days is great though, hope you're enjoying it!

niche

Post by niche » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Yep. I'm not sure how up to date they are - but I believe they are accurate enough to use as a guidance. It worked for me and yes the less specific your search the better I'm sure.

Unfortunately mine is the 1.5 manual and it drives very poorly indeed, from the "Kangarooring" problem that's well documented here. Thats just the 1.5 and so you should be fine though.

Good luck in your search.
1.5 SE Manual Ordered Nov 18/ Collected Nov 18 /Rejected Jan 19 / Rejection Accepted Feb 19 / Refunded March 19

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Plenty of in-stock diesels, about 80% of what ever stock a dealer has from research I've carried out recently.
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue Cloth/dashpad
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

Ulyx

Post by Ulyx » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:38 pm

JAMCT wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 pm
Plenty of in-stock diesels, about 80% of what ever stock a dealer has from research I've carried out recently.
I'm going for petrol I'm afraid. Hopefully that doesn't hurt my chances too much!

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi Ulyx,

I've been using Carwow off and on for the past year and there is no doubt that is it useful for finding ex-stock cars and for building a custom configuration and getting quotes. However there are some limitations that you have to accept;

1. For ex-stock cars, using filters you can specify the major features such as fuel, engine size, transmission, trim, colour, price range etc. but you cannot specify factory fitted options such as rear view camera, park assist, lane assist etc. Also, the more filters you apply, the fewer cars will be found/offered. Once you get a selection of cars that fit your filters, you then have to select each in turn to see the dealer details and vehicle colour (if not one of your filters) and click on 'View car features' to see what additional factory fitted options may be included.
  2. For custom factory built cars, as well as specifying the major features as above. you can also select as many factory fitted options you want. Some of the options can only be fitted in conjunction with others, while some may not be available in conjunction with others. The process will advise what is possible or not as you go along. once your custom spec is complete you submit and wait for offers from dealers. The offers will come with various discounts, but the biggest deficiency is that the offers do not give any details of delivery times. To get those, you need to contact the dealers by phone or you can send messages via Carwow.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey rear view camera park assist.
Ordered: 22/06/18
Stage 2: 27/06/18
Stage 3: 08/03/19
Build wk: 14 (01/04/19)
Stage 5a: 31/03/19 (1 wk early)
Est UK: wk 18 (29/04/19)
Collect: early May :D

fez74uk

Post by fez74uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi if it’s a replacement motability car then unfortunately you can only get one when your car is due which is normally 3months and even then you have to have it from the factory not off the forecourt, And if it’s a first time order then it will be ordered from the factory as well.they used to order them from stock years ago but not now and there’s only petrol T-rocs available on the scheme , I’ve also ordered a 1.5 R-Line beginning of January my cars not due to be returned til end if April and i was told it would be end of June for collection which looking at the forum it looks more likely july/August.
1.5 R Line DSG in Ravenna Blue.
Ordered 11/1/19
Confirmed build date 22/4/19

Mikesroc

Post by Mikesroc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Do be careful of the Carwow quotes. I contacted 3 dealers on their offers, 2 only upheld the offer if you used finance to purchase, the other would not deal at the price offered. 2 of them were supposed to be in stock ‘sorry sir that one is sold we can order one for you’ was the reply. Unfortunately my experience has been that when there is a shortage of high spec cars the dealers won’t discount very much at all, after all they can sell most at retail.
There are cars in stock though, I have a 1.5 sel dsg coming next week, ordered last Friday. Got a small discount via over value on my part ex.

niche

Post by niche » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Mikesroc wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:33 pm
Do be careful of the Carwow quotes. I contacted 3 dealers on their offers, 2 only upheld the offer if you used finance to purchase, the other would not deal at the price offered. 2 of them were supposed to be in stock ‘sorry sir that one is sold we can order one for you’ was the reply. Unfortunately my experience has been that when there is a shortage of high spec cars the dealers won’t discount very much at all, after all they can sell most at retail.
There are cars in stock though, I have a 1.5 sel dsg coming next week, ordered last Friday. Got a small discount via over value on my part ex.
Yep, it varies a lot. I've even had several "deals" offered at 0% which is quite in your face!

That said I've got 10% offered from Carwow on a DSG via Carwow last week (cash) which I'm holding pending a test drive, so it does depend on the day/dealer/targets/what else is happening.

My original point though, was that stock cars are available and Carwow was just one option to quickly see those.