Spare wheel & boot floor with Beats sound

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Impala

Spare wheel & boot floor with Beats sound

Post by Impala » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm

I know spare wheels and variable height boot floor have been discussed previously, but mostly in the early days when full size spare wheels were commonly fitted and there was lots of conflicting information in VW publications, configurator and from dealers.

However, I'm looking for up to date information from owners of late 2018 or 2019 2wd cars (not 4Motion) with the optional Beats sound system fitted.

Without the Beats, I know that a space saver spare is now fitted as standard and the boot floor can be set in an upper or lower position.

I believe that the Beats sub-woofer speaker is fitted 'inside' the spare wheel, which if I'm right, means that the boot floor can still be set to its lower position. If that is not the case, can the boot floor be lowered if the sub-woofer is removed ?

Can anyone confirm and provide details of what impact if any, the Beats sub-woofer has on the variable height boot floor on the latest 2wd cars.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

CJD

Re: Spare wheel & boot floor with Beats sound

Post by CJD » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:06 pm

I’d definitely ask the dealer to check before ordering one ( & get the response in writing via email). I have a 1.5 SEL T-ROC & had the hassle of getting VW to swap the full size spare for a space saver. This is a totally different car but we collected my wife’s brand new Polo Beats 2 days ago. The literature says there’s no spare wheel on this model due to the subwoofer which we weren’t bothered about. On collecting the car & looking in the boot it was a bit of a shock to see they’ve mounted the subwoofer not in the wheel well but on the left hand side where the boot would sit on it’s lowest level meaning that the boot floor can only be used on its higher setting losing loads of boot space. The madness is that you could fit a spare wheel with no difference to the subwoofer but your left with a large circular space for a wheel occupied by a small box with a air compressor & tyre repair liquid. Utter madness that VW didn’t fit the subwoofer in the actual wheel well. Just make sure they haven’t mounted the subwoofer in the same way in the T-ROC 🙄

sh1513

Post by sh1513 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Impala wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm
I believe that the Beats sub-woofer speaker is fitted 'inside' the spare wheel, which if I'm right, means that the boot floor can still be set to its lower position. If that is not the case, can the boot floor be lowered if the sub-woofer is removed ?

Can anyone confirm and provide details of what impact if any, the Beats sub-woofer has on the variable height boot floor on the latest 2wd cars.
I have the beats audio system, yes the sub-woofer is located in the spare wheel and my boot floor is set to the lower position.
Ordered - 01/06/2018
Delivery date - 19/11/2018
SEL 1.5 TSI (Manual) 150PS EVO Ravenna Blue
Heated steering wheel, Winter pack, 'Beats' sound system, Electric tailgate, Carpet mats

Garryj

Post by Garryj » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:58 pm

Hello Impala,
Yes you can use the lower setting in the boot floor. I have beats and the woofer is very cleverly in a plastic insert on the spare wheel. I just lowered the boot ledge on my car to check.
I took a photo of the insert.

4D777CE1-02BB-434A-BB70-111C28CD3C59.jpeg

2019 T-roc Sel Tsi 1.5 dsg petrol auto.
Electric boot, winter pack. Rear camera, beats