The VW symbol will be update soon

The place to discuss everything else..
Seal
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 28 times

The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by Seal » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm

The VW symbol will once again be changed, there will be an update at the beginning of the year 2020
will no longer be embossed, still with the chrome letters on a black background
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

Newtroconthebloc
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Seal wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm
The VW symbol will once again be changed, there will be an update at the beginning of the year 2020
will no longer be embossed, still with the chrome letters on a black background
Not embossed ! What about the radar behind it?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.
Rejected Aug 19.

twist
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by twist » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm

They’re just flattening it really, it will be basically the same but not as far extruded. And the letters slimmer. I think it looks kinda bad.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/2020- ... ain-sight/
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

T Roo
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by T Roo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Meh. I think the more 'brutish' embossed version better suits the T-Roc and it didn't appear on the 'T-Roc R', just the Golf 8 so far.

Seal
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by Seal » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 pm

T Roo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Meh. I think the more 'brutish' embossed version better suits the T-Roc and it didn't appear on the 'T-Roc R', just the Golf 8 so far.
The T-Roc also.....
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

Seal
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by Seal » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm

twist wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm
They’re just flattening it really, it will be basically the same but not as far extruded. And the letters slimmer. I think it looks kinda bad.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/2020- ... ain-sight/
right...
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

twist
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by twist » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:34 pm

Seal wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm
twist wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm
They’re just flattening it really, it will be basically the same but not as far extruded. And the letters slimmer. I think it looks kinda bad.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/2020- ... ain-sight/
right...
Do you think it looks better? I guess it’s subjective, I just think something looks “off” about it. Sets off my OCD :lol:
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

Seal
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by Seal » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm

honestly i don't like it, it's old fashion, i think a few years ago there was a similar symbol, on the wheels for me it gets uglier, but yes everything is subjective
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

User avatar
JAMCT
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:46 pm
Location: Urmston, Manchester, UK
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by JAMCT » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Another 'MARMITE' saga.......😋 or 🤮
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue dashpads
LED H'lights/Irregular Hexagon :ugeek: Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

T Roo
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: The VW symbol will be update soon

Post by T Roo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 am

Well, I can't see the Beastie Boys wearing the new, flat and skinny logo; it just ain't tuff-lookin' enough 8-) . And remember how cool the logo used to look on the front of the old campervan? It was so good it was huge. If the new logo was that big it'd look like a dinner plate not a style icon.

I assume it's easier for the tech it covers? Perhaps it grows on you.

Post Reply