Service pack?

The place to discuss everything else..
Superhero

Service pack?

Post by Superhero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Did anyone get offered a service pack or buy one? How much is it? My dealer really doesn't want to offer me anything. I do feel a bit messed around really. Not my fault the R-roc is a brand new model, they really are stingy. When I see what TOH got given with the new polo... ridiculous!

Millers

Re: Service pack?

Post by Millers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi, I bought a service pack for £149 which includes two services. Thought it was a good deal..
We've ordered a T Roc Design 1.5 TSI 150 PS EVO Manual in turmeric yellow metallic with a dark oak metallic roof and door mirrors. Turmeric yellow dash etc. Build week 19/03/18.

Rocky T

Post by Rocky T » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:05 pm

I also got the first two services for £149.
It is only available if you purchase through VW finance.
VW T-ROC SEL 1.5 Evo Tsi, Flash Red with Black contrast roof and Panaramic Sunroof, Sports Pack, 18" Montego Bay Alloys, High Beam assist. :D

Superhero

Post by Superhero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Rocky T wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:05 pm
That's a great deal, and the same as toh got for the polo. Did you buy that when picking up the T-Roc or before? The dealer hasn't even mentioned it to me yet.

Do you know when the services need to be done? I've heard that with new cars often th first service is after a few thousand miles already

Rocky T

Post by Rocky T » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Superhero wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 pm
Rocky T wrote:
That's a great deal, and the same as toh got for the polo. Did you buy that when picking up the T-Roc or before? The dealer hasn't even mentioned it to me yet.

Do you know when the services need to be done? I've heard that with new cars often th first service is after a few thousand miles already
I purchased mine a couple of days before delivery?
I have a 1.5ltr petrol and the services are every 10.000 miles.
VW T-ROC SEL 1.5 Evo Tsi, Flash Red with Black contrast roof and Panaramic Sunroof, Sports Pack, 18" Montego Bay Alloys, High Beam assist. :D

Superhero

Post by Superhero » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am

Rocky T wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Superhero wrote:
Rocky T wrote:

Okay, I haven't collected/got it delivered yet so hopefully will be able to add that when I sign the final bill so to speak. Is that every 10k regardless of how many years or once a year OR every 10k, whatever is ealierst? I won't be making 10k a year.

Rocky T

Post by Rocky T » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Superhero wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am
Rocky T wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Superhero wrote:

Okay, I haven't collected/got it delivered yet so hopefully will be able to add that when I sign the final bill so to speak. Is that every 10k regardless of how many years or once a year OR every 10k, whatever is ealierst? I won't be making 10k a year.
Yes which ever comes first (10,000 miles or 1 year.).

Betty Swollocks

Post by Betty Swollocks » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Collected my car today, because I was aware of this thread and the 2 services at £149, I asked my dealer about it.

He had already included it for free.

This was on top of an amazing deal on part exchange and a host of other free dealer fit extras.

I really believe they have gone above and beyond.

Superhero

Post by Superhero » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:28 am

Betty Swollocks wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 pm
Collected my car today, because I was aware of this thread and the 2 services at £149, I asked my dealer about it.

He had already included it for free.

This was on top of an amazing deal on part exchange and a host of other free dealer fit extras.

I really believe they have gone above and beyond.
Gosh yes they have! Lucky you! I was talking to my dealer on the weekend again about a deal and all he said was that if TOH was gonna buy the Polo from him he could so something. Then I said, so if they don't, you won't? And he said that (what he said a few times before) VW doesn't allow him any discounts on the T-Roc. I did say I didn't want a discount on the T-Roc but a service pack but haven't heard anything anymore. Must be to do with the region, that's all I can think of. He is really the nicest guy, we got really friendly, but he won't give me anything. Not even rubber mats!

Betty Swollocks

Post by Betty Swollocks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 pm

As I said elsewhere on the forum, my car was in negative equity, but my guy gave me a lot more than it was worth which obviously came out of their profit.... He was happy with some profit rather than all the retail price had to offer.

I just checked and this amount was £1527.50

To secure the deal I asked for rubber mats and rear mudflaps. This was agreed and this afternoon I noticed he has fitted front AND rear mudflaps, as well as the rubber mats.

I then asked if it would be cheeky to ask for him to cover the £80 cherished transfer fee, but he said of course.
He added three quarters of a tank of fuel yesterday without being asked, gave my wife a massive boquet of flowers and had added the 2 year service pack worth £149 for free, without even being asked.

I got a similar service 4 years ago when I bought my GTD golf brand new over the phone without even meeting the man. The price was so good that 3 of my colleagues bought a GTD off him and one bought a Golf S and all agreed that they had got a much better deal than any other dealer.

I am in Northern Ireland, as is the dealer. We are still part of the UK and these are full Volkswagen UK spec and warranted cars. For the sake of a £40 flight and less than £100 ferry back, I would rather travel anywhere in the UK if I was saving that much money.

So if anyone wants his details, drop me a Private message and I will put you in touch. It costs nothing for a phonecall and a quote.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”