Who owns dealer stock ?

The place to discuss everything else..
Swsgm30

Re: Who owns dealer stock ?

Post by Swsgm30 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Always bear in mind the VW Dealers 'Fraternity' are not all back-slapping buddies -
Between the 1st week of December and mid January, because I was doing some serious complaining regarding the delay in my order, my dealer came up with 2 alternative, better spec'd T rocs and a sniff at a Tiguan SE Nav.
The first dealer did not even respond to the request for a 'Dealer-Switch'.
For the second one, the distant dealer agreed a switch and was sent the Stock List by my dealer and then stopped responding to correspondence. This deal resurfaced 2 weeks later, again, after the Stock List was sent, everything seemed to be going through but very slowly .. my dealer, after a further 2 weeks had to tell me that they had been advised the T roc in question had been sold!!
The Tiguan was never mentioned again, I thing the Service Manager might have blocked it.
My 'Silver-Lining' moment came when, mid January, I went to the dealer, adamant that I was cancelling and having my deposit returned, he magically found an order for an R-line (on the same deal as my SEL had been agreed) that had a build week of 28th January. Build was actually completed on 24th January and the Tracker tells me it arrived in the UK on 5th February so they've got three and a bit weeks (from then) to get it to my dealer and me on 1st March
I'm still at the 'Believe-it-when-you-see-it' stage.
My tip is go into the dealer and threaten to withdraw your order, they are so anxious to sell cars they might even offer you a better car
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual 5 Door.
Pure White
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
Ordered - unknown - Pre ordered by dealer
Build Week - 28/01/19
( but was actually completed 24/01/19)
Delivery - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Swsgm30, I guess for that to work you must have definitely decided to cancel and walk away, which could have left you worse off than doing nothing.

Of course, you may already have decided on another vehicle and may even have had some quotes and 'expected' delivery times, or maybe you were lucky and found a stock car which met your requirements. Presumably, that would have involved going around the showrooms again until you found something that fitted before cancelling your order.

The purpose of this topic was to try to establish what VW and/or the dealer may or may not be able to do to pull a rabbit out of the hat, or in our case pull a car out of the pipeline. Do they really take it to the wire and wait till you utter the words 'I want to cancel my order now' before doing anything. The failed swap attempts by your dealer suggest not, so what changed at that final visit to the dealer ? Did they get on the phone to VW and demand they do something ?

You obviously had a lucky break and got an outcome probably beyond your wildest dreams. But I don't suppose you know how the dealer pulled this off. Were they just witholding information, or is there a process which they can use with the help of VW to find that rabbit ? Or am I just chasing unicorns :( :x :cry:
T-Roc 1.5 TSI DSG R-Line, Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Stage 2 since 04/07/18
27/01/19: unconfirmed build week 25 (17/06/19)
Estimated arrival at dealer August '19
Collect September '19 (if I'm lucky & still alive)

Swsgm30

Post by Swsgm30 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm

There were definitely some dark arts at work .. I was at the dealer for about 2 hours during which time two salesmen were trying to contact a Head Office, dealer-only help desk. Also out of the blue they showed me a SEL they had in the showroom.. I was a bit gobsmacked 'cos they hadn't mentioned it before - but it didn't have roof bars (which changes the appearance quite a bit) and the missus didn't like the colour (orange with black roof) .. Right at the end of my patience, one of the salesmen asked if I had considered a R-line, I told him no 'cos I cold only go as far as the SEL (cash wise) but then he 'found' the R-line I am currently expecting.
I really was at the end of my tether and was completely prepared to walk away .. The whole New-car experience has been tarnished by this saga and I've become very cynical when dealing with salesmen (I'm normally like a doe eyed puppy when I see cars in the showroom) ... Not any more !!!
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual 5 Door.
Pure White
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
Ordered - unknown - Pre ordered by dealer
Build Week - 28/01/19
( but was actually completed 24/01/19)
Delivery - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Well now that I have lodged a formal complaint with VW about their handling of the order, I may see a bit more action. Fingers crossed as I only want to use cancellation as a last resort, and only if/when I have something better lined up.
T-Roc 1.5 TSI DSG R-Line, Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Stage 2 since 04/07/18
27/01/19: unconfirmed build week 25 (17/06/19)
Estimated arrival at dealer August '19
Collect September '19 (if I'm lucky & still alive)