Dashcam

The place to discuss everything else..
Superhero

Dashcam

Post by Superhero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Are you guys going to get a dashcam? I actually read that Halfords wire it in for 30 quid, but only selected cars, so surely not a brand new model like the T-Roc? It must be fairly easy as a DIY job going via the fuse box.

Which model do you go for? I thought the mirror ones looked smart but have seen that there seem to be lenses (lane keep assist maybe) in the rear view mirror of the T-roc. So will have to stick to a normal dash cam I guess.

Rocky T

Re: Dashcam

Post by Rocky T » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi Superhero,
I have a Nextbase 412gw.
It is easy to fit to the windscreen with he sucker mount and then run the cable along the top of the windscreen under the roof trim.
I then ran it under the door rubber down to the floor and then under the floor mats and into the 12v aux in the dash.
It will turn on when the ignition is switched on and automatically switches off when you turn the ignition off.
VW T-ROC SEL 2.0 Tsi DSG 4motion Turmeric Yellow. :D

Superhero

Re: Dashcam

Post by Superhero » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 am

Rocky T wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm
Hi Superhero,
I have a Nextbase 412gw.
It is easy to fit to the windscreen with he sucker mount and then run the cable along the top of the windscreen under the roof trim.
I then ran it under the door rubber down to the floor and then under the floor mats and into the 12v aux in the dash.
It will turn on when the ignition is switched on and automatically switches off when you turn the ignition off.
Have you thought about wiring it in? I believe it is easily done, you even get nextbase wiring kits with the piggy back fuse - I just am not 100% sure which fuse to use. Do you know if the T-Roc has the "normal" fuses? I think the 12v fuse for the cigaratte lighter should work as that's where it plugs in anyway.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”