MOT for part exchange almost up

The place to discuss everything else..
nadzfarrugia

MOT for part exchange almost up

Post by nadzfarrugia » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:57 pm

I ordered me my T Roc in June and was told an early September delivery date. I am part exchanging my car. I have signed all the relevant documents. However, I should be receiving my car anytime in the next 2 weeks. Is it bad to hand back my part exchange car with just a few days left on the MOT? I am worried that if I explain this to the garage then they will delay the handover of my car so I pay for another years MOT
Ordered 29th June
Build date w/c 7 Sept
In Transit 10th Sept
Arrived in UK 23rd Sept
T Roc Black Edition 1.0
Ravenna Blue

Hawkeye

Re: MOT for part exchange almost up

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 pm

When they gave you the P-Ex price did they ask about the MOT? In all honesty they will (or should) have taken that into account when you agreed the P-Ex price and the deal, so personally, I'd have absolutely no qualms about handing the car over with just a few days left on the MOT, and neither do I see that they would have any valid reason for withholding you picking up your new car.

The only reason you should have to get an MOT is if the current MOT has expired before you collect your new vehicle. Garages do not expect P-Ex vehicles to come in with a years' MOT, only a current MOT.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

nadzfarrugia

Re: MOT for part exchange almost up

Post by nadzfarrugia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yep, was all discussed. I think it was just not an issue as the time as these kinds of delays were just not anticipated. I was initially told a delivery date of late August.

Now here’s to making sure I can collect my car before October 9th haha. It arrived in the UK on Wednesday so I’m feeling hopeful!
Ordered 29th June
Build date w/c 7 Sept
In Transit 10th Sept
Arrived in UK 23rd Sept
T Roc Black Edition 1.0
Ravenna Blue