What is your colour preference for a vehicle?

The place to discuss everything else..
BrainW29

What is your colour preference for a vehicle?

Post by BrainW29 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:54 pm

When I was younger I always said black. I thought no matter what the car was, black just made it look better. The older I get, the more appealing other colours are to me and I must admit, I am kind of a fan of lighter blues now. I also like silver on some models but very few. I think a lot of American cars seem to look better in silver, white, or dark blues. Over here, I am loving the reds, the blues, and even the orange colours.

Parson

Re: What is your colour preference for a vehicle?

Post by Parson » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Honestly? Silver.

Why? Because i love the way silver looks. unlike gold, Silver never looks tacky, adn it's not white so anything that makes it dirty or smudges it up only makes it look more classy. Ever see silver cutlery and thought it looked more dignified with a bit of rust on it? Or ever see a silver necklace with rust on it and thought it looked like a precious heirloom? Exactly like that. its rich, but not a tacky rich.

braveheart74

Post by braveheart74 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:41 pm

I had a Tornado Red Golf which always looked striking and I loved it. This was followed by a Pure White Golf,my current car.
The white is my favourite as the black of the plastic trim,the tinted rear windows and the tyres provide a great contrast to the white.
This is not so with black or dark blue for instance
VW T-Roc 1.5 Sel with Sports Pack,pure white, black roof.

Betty Swollocks

Post by Betty Swollocks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Oak Green metallic, just like on the MK2 Golf GTi 16V in my garage 😊

RedRoc

Post by RedRoc » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:14 am

Tornado Red has to be (in my opinion) one of the best reds produced by any manufacturer. Used to like Mars Red - anyone remember? - I'd probably want Flash red but need to see a T-Roc in it first, maybe too orange(ish) on a taller car. Shame Tornado seems to be disappearing from VW.
T-Roc 1.0 SE Flash Red - got it, and it's great ☺

lwbroome

Post by lwbroome » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Before placing my T-Roc order it had always been Silver or Black, however I have quite fancied grey for a while!

Opted for Indium Grey (Metallic) with black roof and mirrors this time.
T-Roc 1.5 TSI EVO SEL: Indium Grey Metallic with Black Roof & Side Mirrors
Chrome Rear Strip, Chrome Door Strips, Electric Tail, Running Boards, Reversible Boot Mat & Luxury Mat Set

Ordered: 31/01/2018 * Built & Shipped: 09/03/2018 *

braveheart74

Post by braveheart74 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 am

Before the T-roc I have just bought I had a red golf, then a white golf. I looked over the colours available for the T-roc, considered the Ravenna Blue, I’m not brave enough for the orange, grey and black are too dull for me so having loved the pure white on my Golf I went for Pure White with a Black roof and I am delighted with the way the car looks
So White for now.
VW T-Roc 1.5 Sel with Sports Pack,pure white, black roof.

Agerbundsen

Post by Agerbundsen » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:29 pm

The T-Roc will be my third all-white vehicle. No contrast color roof. Black mirrors and wheels would have been nice, but alas - not available without exorbitant additional costs.
Best Regards from Slagelse, Denmark
T-Roc Sport 190 HP 2.0 TSI DSG 4Motion, Pure White, Navigation and spare wheel, rear view camera. Original tyres replaced with Michelin Cross-climate+ 215/55 R17 98W XL

Rocky T

Post by Rocky T » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Flash Red with Black Contrast Roof and mirrors
VW T-ROC SEL 1.5 Evo Tsi, Flash Red with Black contrast roof and Panaramic Sunroof, Sports Pack, 18" Montego Bay Alloys, High Beam assist. :D

Millers

Post by Millers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm

The T Roc I've ordered will be turmeric yellow with brown oak roof and mirrors. Wouldn't normally have picked this colour but there was a yellow one in the showroom with a black roof waiting to be collected. Looked impressive.
I drive a black Golf at the moment which looks great when clean but not too clever in the current weather!! Also black shows every blemish..
We've ordered a T Roc Design 1.5 TSI 150 PS EVO Manual in turmeric yellow metallic with a dark oak metallic roof and door mirrors. Turmeric yellow dash etc. Build week 19/03/18.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”