Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Loose spoiler (NOTE TO EVERYONE)

32K views 64 replies 23 participants last post by  RedRoc 
#1 ·
Two weeks ago i contacted VW to see if my car needed checking for the recall faults(spoiler and handbrake).They said my car will ok as it is not on the list for recall.Today i noticed my spoiler loose at one end.So i rang VW and they were surprised that this had happened.It is now booked in on tuesday to be fixed.So my advice to EVERYONE is to check their spoiler.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Just got my letter re this yesterday. Can't really be hassled with taking it into the dealership for check as I have had a good look at the top of the spoiler and it is currently secure. I somewhat doubt the dealer's check would be much different.

My car gets it's service late May and I think I'll leave it till then.

#4 ·
My car is now at the dealers as they said it was to dangerous to drive.Could take up to a week for them to get the parts and fix.I am now driving a new VW Polo beats courtesy car.

#6 ·
Bopper said:
What letter?
Are only specific cars affected?
Spoiler seems fixed ok, but what is the handbrake issue?
Some owners are getting a recall letter depending on your VIN number.Mine was not on the recall list but was still faulty.Not sure what the problem is with the handbrake issue but you will find it in one of the forums on here

#8 ·
havsgaard said:
Mine was recalled and fixed during this week, procedure took around 5 hours (due to glue needed hardening)
Still haven't got mine after 5 days

#11 ·
There is a recall from VW on some t-roc with this spoiler. The issue is if the spoiler isn't glued properly from the factory and you can seperate it with you hand like the pictures from the first post the spoiler MUST be replaced and NOT glued back. We glue only spoilers to prevend this from happenig NO after it has happend. If the spoiler gets off from the wind while you drive someone will get hurt or do damage that's why they recalling the t-rocs

#12 ·
vaglo said:
There is a recall from VW on some t-roc with this spoiler. The issue is if the spoiler isn't glued properly from the factory and you can seperate it with you hand like the pictures from the first post the spoiler MUST be replaced and NOT glued back. We glue only spoilers to prevend this from happenig NO after it has happend. If the spoiler gets off from the wind while you drive someone will get hurt or do damage that's why they recalling the t-rocs
Who is we?Do you work for VW?I have HAD my spoiler replaced and knew the dangers.

#16 ·
T Roo said:
Trocson said:
Hi just got my T roc .Everytime I press the brake pedal it makes a clicking sound ,anyone know why
No sorry. I would get your Dealer to check this out under your warranty.
Trocson said:
Hi just got my T roc .Everytime I press the brake pedal it makes a clicking sound ,anyone know why
Should this OP have been started as a new thread subject?.

#17 ·
JAMCT said:
T Roo said:
Trocson said:
No sorry. I would get your Dealer to check this out under your warranty.
Trocson said:
Should this OP have been started as a new thread subject?.
In a word - YES !

The same post was also made in the 'Main T-Roc R Chat' section, as a new topic but just in the wrong place. I put this down to Trocson being a new member and probably unfamiliar with the forum structure and how/where to add new topics.

I'm happy to make allowances, but the OP may not get many replies on the brake pedal clicking ... :? :roll:

#19 ·
Me too.

Car was in for first service this week.

I'd checked my vehicle for the recall on the web (as soon as it was mentioned here) and it came back as a no, the text did say for cars built after a certain date and mine was much earlier than that. However, the service department rang me to say it was on recall and they would fit the new spoiler if I could leave it overnight - so said yes. They rang back and said the wrong spoiler had been supplied so will need to book it in for an overnight stay when the correct part arrives in a week or so. Good job thay had not removed the existing one.

I did a manual check for looseness when I first heard of the issue and again when it came back from service - still seems solid and firmly fitted.

#20 ·
StevieDvd said:
Me too.

Car was in for first service this week.

I'd checked my vehicle for the recall on the web (as soon as it was mentioned here) and it came back as a no, the text did say for cars built after a certain date and mine was much earlier than that. However, the service department rang me to say it was on recall and they would fit the new spoiler if I could leave it overnight - so said yes. They rang back and said the wrong spoiler had been supplied so will need to book it in for an overnight stay when the correct part arrives in a week or so. Good job thay had not removed the existing one.

I did a manual check for looseness when I first heard of the issue and again when it came back from service - still seems solid and firmly fitted.
Visited my local Inchcape dealer today for the launch of the T-Cross, WOW, Very Nice! :p

BUT...... whilst I was there I asked about T-Roc recalls and was told mine was listed for the SPOILER CHECK but not for any of the other three faults. I have to book-in my car for 1 hour for the check and then, if a replacement/ refit is required then a second appointment will be required. There is a quite a delay in obtaining 'parts' from Germany!.

In the meantime, 'safety' is not compromised according to the service engineer and to me, my spoiler seems rigidly fixed.

Also, when I asked why I had not received a recall letter, the service engineer was puzzled but said maybe if I had installed the My VW Android App then maybe I would have been alerted about T-Roc recalls. I was only aware of the VW Connect app which does not include such information?. I have now installed the My VW app but the Recalls link was not currently available.

#21 ·
The My VW Android App has never worked on my 2 Samsung phones, and I reported it to VW, got an acknowledgment but never got a proper answer, work around or fix.

#22 ·
I have the My VW iOS app, also VW Connect, even though I know my car has a recall for the rear spoiler from looking at the following websites

https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type
This site summarises all recalls for a specific model and year

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk
This site says there is a recall on the registration number supplied but doesn't give actual details of the recall

These apps have not alerted me.

I contacted VW Customer Service, they confirmed the recall and that it was the rear spoiler.
I advised them that I haven't received any communication about this.

I don't know whose responsibility it is to notify about recalls.

I have also spoken to my supplying dealership a few months ago about the recall, which they were aware of and at the time, they could not give a date for when the required parts would be in stock.

Attachments

#26 ·
My VW Dealership has just advised me that they have the parts in to carry out the recall work on my rear spoiler, so I will get my car booked in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.