Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Loose spoiler (NOTE TO EVERYONE)

32K views 64 replies 23 participants last post by  RedRoc 
#1 ·
Two weeks ago i contacted VW to see if my car needed checking for the recall faults(spoiler and handbrake).They said my car will ok as it is not on the list for recall.Today i noticed my spoiler loose at one end.So i rang VW and they were surprised that this had happened.It is now booked in on tuesday to be fixed.So my advice to EVERYONE is to check their spoiler.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#27 ·
I was told today my roc has a recall for the spoiler fix, I wasn't contacted either I just happened to call in about another query.
They booked me in for the 9th of May, I'm now wondering if this will happen with what I'm reading here?
My spoiler seems secure enough as well 🤔

#30 ·
Dont think dealers know for certain whether it needs replacing or not till they look at the car. I believe most just need the existing spoiler to be refitted/glued.

#31 ·
Mine is in for 'inspection' on Monday. They want it for up to 1.5 hrs so I will be taking this Samsung Tablet with me to watch a downloaded Netflix Sci-fi movie in their comfortable waiting area. :p

#32 ·
JAMCT said:
Mine is in for 'inspection' on Monday. They want it for up to 1.5 hrs so I will be taking this Samsung Tablet with me to watch a downloaded Netflix Sci-fi movie in their comfortable waiting area. :p
I wonder if the Sci-Fi movie will include a scene where, in the year 2031, the 29th VW software update for Kangerooing T-rocs is finally accepted as a half-decent solution :!: :!: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#33 ·
Swsgm30 said:
JAMCT said:
I wonder if the Sci-Fi movie will include a scene where, in the year 2031, the 29th VW software update for Kangerooing T-rocs is finally accepted as a half-decent solution :!: :!: :!:
Maybe by then kangarooing cars will be the new norm. Instead of horsepower it will be kangaroopower :shock:

#34 ·
Swsgm30 said:
JAMCT said:
At the moment I won't divulge any of the film's content because 'spoilers' are not always appreciated :twisted:

#36 ·
T-Roc SPOILER inspected today at my local VW Inchcape service centre. Waited 2 hours then advised that spoiler needed to be re-glued/bonded. Car to be collected by dealer and kept for a day early June.

Whilst waiting in the showroom I photographed the VW SUV family of cars which I will post in due course (on new thread).....includes stylish red/white roof T-Roc...nice! :p

#38 ·
My Red One said:
JAMCT Whilst waiting in the showroom I photographed the VW SUV family of cars which I will post in due course (on new thread).....includes stylish red/white roof T-Roc...nice! :P [/quote said:
Not only nice but the best. :D :D
My first choice was Red / Black roof but not wanting to go on to an extended waiting list, purchased the Ravenna Blue from stock as a compromise....... very happy :mrgreen:

'VW SUV FAMILY' thread of showroom pics taken whilst waiting for 'Spoiler inspection, :D ' now uploaded.

#39 ·
My Red One said:
JAMCT Whilst waiting in the showroom I photographed the VW SUV family of cars which I will post in due course (on new thread).....includes stylish red/white roof T-Roc...nice! :P [/quote said:
Oops, sorry :!: :!: Thought this thread was about loose spoilers ;) ;)

#40 ·
Swsgm30 said:
My Red One said:
Oops, sorry :!: :!: Thought this thread was about loose spoilers ;) ;)
Light-hearted, off topic chat posted whilst waiting for my spoiler to be checked so it's nice to know that at least one forum member has the red/white T-Roc as seen by me. Photos taken and migrated to a new thread for interested posters. :) see' VW SUV FAMILY'.

#41 ·
I have just got my car back from my dealership. New rear spoiler now fitted.
I can't tell the difference.
They had the car for 3 days though. Spoiler had to be painted and then glued on....

#42 ·
trocsel said:
They had the car for 3 days though. Spoiler had to be painted and then glued on....
3 days!, that's worrying. I was told by Inchcape VW that they want my car 'for a day' and will collect it at 08:30h and return it in the evening.

Is this unrealistic and should I be requesting a courtesy car for a more realistic 'unknown' period?.

By the way, which dealership carried out your work.? ( My dealership is a large national franchise.)

#43 ·
JAMCT said:
trocsel said:
3 days!, that's worrying. I was told by Inchcape VW that they want my car 'for a day' and will collect it at 08:30h and return it in the evening.

Is this unrealistic and should I be requesting a courtesy car for a more realistic 'unknown' period?.

By the way, which dealership carried out your work.? ( My dealership is a large national franchise.)
3 days is nothing, it them 10 days to do mine.

#44 ·
I've just referred back to all posts and it appears that a refit/ re-glueing is straight forward. Shortest report 5 hours, longest, up to 48 hours.

New spoiler - depends if car left with garage whilst waiting for the parts or booked in on receipt of parts. Time in garage up to 10 days.

My work is for is re-glueing so I will discuss the matter and seek firm committment that car will be returned on same day!.

G
#45 ·
T-roc in for spoiler fix today, I'm wondering was anything done to mine at all?
I looked last night before it went in and there was a small adhesive squirt on the right hand side between the glass and the lower black section and its still there when I got the car back making me think it was never off?
I was told it was restuck and my car was left in approximately 6 hours.

#46 ·
For those of you who have had the rear spoiler replaced, have you been able to tell it was actually replaced, ie visible signs etc. ?
Thanks

#47 ·
trocsel said:
For those of you who have had the rear spoiler replaced, have you been able to tell it was actually replaced, ie visible signs etc. ?
Thanks
Erm yes.It does not flap about now.What better visible sign can you get than that? :lol:

#49 ·
Dealer collecting my car 08:30 hr today for spoiler re-bonding. Watch this space for update, expected return to me early evening, fingers crossed.

#50 ·
One can't get the staff these days. DOH :!:

10 am - Car collected by local VW Inchcape service centre for spoiler RE-BONDING!

2pm - Telephone call from service centre to say that they are not able to complete the job of REPLACINGthe spoiler, not re-bonding it. They have received the new spoiler and fixing parts but NOT a specific tool to do the job having already removed my existing spoiler and then refitted it...can you believe that :?: ..they could refit the existing spoiler but not the new one :x

Rearranged work for middle of next week...I have to be up at 8 am AGAIN ;)

2.30 pm - Car returned. Driver gobsmacked like me.

2.45 pm - I contacted service department to complain and was told I had been given the wrong information..... existing spoiler is to be REBONDED. They have the gunge but not a gunge applicator, unbelievable :roll: :roll: :roll:

#51 ·
Car to be collected tomorrow 12th June for second attempt to re-bond the spoiler, fingers & toes crossed :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.