Instruction to disable Apple Car Play

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Sanchez999

Instruction to disable Apple Car Play

Post by Sanchez999 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:30 am

After driving a couple of days in my new t-roc I immediately didn't like the apple car play system.
Apps don't work in the same way and also you can't use the media and phone function of the Volkswagen.

I found out you can disable apple car play on your phone, otherwise every time you plug in the cable it will reconnect.
It is a little bit hidden since iOS 12 so here the instruction.

to disable car play go to settings -> screen time -> content & privacy restrictions -> allowed apps
T-roc Sport (SEL)1.5 manual in Ravenna Blue with advanced, winter & executive package, blind spot detection and 17 inch kulmbach adamatium
- Ordered end oct 2018 in NL
- Collected mid june 2019

Hawkeye

Re: Instruction to disable Apple Car Play

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am

I don't understand when you say "you can't use the media and phone function of the VW" - I have no issue, works fine on mine. In fact I prefer the phone function as it picks up the contact information much better than what the phone system does.

To me having Apple Play is actually better as from my experience with this VW and my previous Audi's, the interface between iOS and the VW system is poor at best in what it will and won't do (as standard) outside of Apple Play

But hey-ho everyone to their own, I happen to prefer Apple Play and how it works to the standard iOS/VW Infotainment interface - which IMO is very poor and flaky in the way it operates
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Lymmbo

Re: Instruction to disable Apple Car Play

Post by Lymmbo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 am

I agree that I much prefer Apple car play. I initially had problems with mine due to connecting via Bluetooth and Apple car play and wonder if you’ve got the same problem so aren’t getting the best facilities as a result. Just connect via Apple and it’s much better I can assure you including the ability to use apps eh Google maps, Waze Amazon music Spotify WhatsApp messages etc.