Signature LED Running Lights

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
thinwhiteduke

Signature LED Running Lights

Post by thinwhiteduke » Sun May 13, 2018 9:17 am

Discuss...

4E7B741F-8E70-43EF-A6C4-F1A6259AC8E6.jpeg

1.0 TSi SE - Atlantic Blue. Active Display, Heated Seats, Rear Parking Camera and Park Assist.

hafman

Re: Signature LED Running Lights

Post by hafman » Sun May 13, 2018 9:35 am

My understanding is that the (lozenge shaped) LED DLRs are only standard fit on the SEL and R-Line T-Rocs in the UK. Strange that a dealer is saying otherwise...
Cancelled due to excessive wait: T-Roc 1.5L TSI, DSG, 2WD, Atlantic Blue, Quart/Ceramic leather, heated steering wheel, electric tailgate, winter pack, rear view camera.

thinwhiteduke

Post by thinwhiteduke » Sun May 13, 2018 9:55 am

That’s not the dealer - that’s VW’s UK twitter account clearly stating that.

That makes it worse - leads me to believe there have been configuration changes (there’s a “new trim” flash on the models page of the vw site) I can’t even see the option to add the running lights as an extra on the SE - only mention is for the LED headlights. However, the dealer site still states the SE has “LED running lights” as standard too!

So confused right now.
1.0 TSi SE - Atlantic Blue. Active Display, Heated Seats, Rear Parking Camera and Park Assist.

RedRoc

Post by RedRoc » Sun May 13, 2018 10:16 am

I'm getting a SE next week and it has LED DRL's. VW don't appear to have explained very well in the above 'chat'. On the S and SE the DRL'S are a straight line of LED's across the 'fake' air intake each side in the bumper with separate indicator immediately above. SEL and R-lines have the oval(ish) LED DRL's that surround the 'fake' air intake (changing from white to yellow for indicators).
Hope that explains. So yes, VW reply is correct - all T-Roc's get LED DRL's.
T-Roc 1.0 SE Flash Red - got it, and it's great ☺

Levy

Post by Levy » Sun May 13, 2018 5:37 pm

I can fully agree with RedRoc. All T-Roc's in all trims come with LED running lights. But the shape of the LED DRL's are different in different trims. In lower trims they are in a straight line, and in higer trims they are honeycomb shaped. Of course, you can add honeycomb shaped LED DRL's in lower trims as an option with the LED main lights.
T-Roc 1.5, 150 PS, manual
Pure White
Sport (a.k.a. SEL) with Sports pack and Park Pilot

thinwhiteduke

Post by thinwhiteduke » Sun May 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks guys - I see why the confusion is there then.

However the Design Demo I took for a test drive had the “honeycomb” lights and the extras to have them added aren’t really clear as they only refer to the headlights...I do think there has been a change of trim in the interim. Hey ho!

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 pm

The additional option of LED headlights is described as "also includes desperate signature led DRLs". I ordered them with my design trim model.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.

thinwhiteduke

Post by thinwhiteduke » Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm

This?

98460D13-54E6-4554-B625-B5DAFF862CDD.jpeg

Levy

Post by Levy » Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 am

Yes, that is correct. If you choose these option you will get signature LED running lights (''honeycomb'' shaped). And as much as I know you can't add only the signature LED running lights without the LED headlights.
T-Roc 1.5, 150 PS, manual
Pure White
Sport (a.k.a. SEL) with Sports pack and Park Pilot

thinwhiteduke

Post by thinwhiteduke » Mon May 14, 2018 8:02 am

Thanks - but my point still remains though - VW haven’t been very clear about this.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”