Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

14 days old engine leaking oil .

14K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  Musicegbdf 
#1 ·
Ok I noticed a rainbow under my daughters car last week and yesterday what looks like oil .
We took it to dealer this morning . Dealer was good , went straight on the ramp and they spent around and hour and confirmed the leak and suspect crank oil seal . Car has to stay with them and arranged a UP courtesy car straight away . They said it will be first job for master tech on Monday and if it takes longer than a day or two they will arrange an upgraded courtesy car .
We asked to also register the Roo on file . My daughter was really angry ( not with the dealership ) she was talking about rejecting the car , but persuaded her it is a rare fault and sure it will be sorted . Trying to source a replacement car is not worth the hassle and we should give them the chance to rectify .
I said she should write to VW as her drive is covered in oil spots and they should pay for cleaning .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If it was that rare though, I reckon they'd be replacing the cars without question after 18+ months of not being able to fix. Please don't let them fob you off and keep in mind any residual value will drop significantly in the future with a fault like this - if you're even able to sell it on.

I wouldn't be so brazen to tell you what to do as I myself have yet to decide but I would just hate to see someone financially hurt because of a company too proud or shady to admit what's actually wrong with these cars and the real extent of it.

I'll be demanding a replacement in a couple of months if there's still no sign of a fix and I would recommend you include that in your list of potential options.

#6 ·
T Roo said:
In a couple of weeks or so, your options change (https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=879).

If you want the weight of the law behind your possible rejection, the time to act is now :| .
And so says the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Talk about the clanging chimes of doom.
How's your rejection process coming along?
Sorry for going completely off topic but some folk are really beginning to make my teeth itch.

#7 ·
Bellasdad said:
Dates and deadlines are crucial whatever decision is reached by an individual.

Well, to extend the lyric, "tonight, thank God it's them instead of you". I am right that you have no fault with your car and you're therefore not only off topic, you also have no first-hand experience of the roo issue?

How's things down at your Bowls Club?

Sorry for going completely off topic but some folk are really beginning to make my teeth itch.
You have contributed to a thread in which the owner has a roo and an oil leak in a car that is 2 weeks old. How do you rate the value of your contribution? :|

#8 ·
T Roo said:
Bellasdad said:
Dates and deadlines are crucial whatever decision is reached by an individual.

Well, to extend the lyric, "tonight, thank God it's them instead of you". I am right that you have no fault with your car and you're therefore not only off topic, you also have no first-hand experience of the roo issue?

How's things down at your Bowls Club?

You have contributed to a thread in which the owner has a roo and an oil leak in a car that is 2 weeks old. How do you rate the value of your contribution? :|
Of course, you are correct on each and every point and I do apologise for my ignorance.
So anyway, how's your rejection process coming along?

#10 ·
We have just written a message that we will send to vw UK.
Tbf the Roo ,must be small . When we pulled away she said "there it is did you feel it ?"
Tbh I did not notice. Though if she can feel it , then it must still be there . We have included it in our message.
We did discuss whether to reject the car and decided the Roo was not significant enough as long as it eventually is resolved. As to the oil leak we will give them the chance to repair it as she said there is no other car other than a troc that she likes . She is a high mileage user mainly on duel carriageways getting to work.

#11 ·
An update. The master tech confirmed main oil seal , and that it has leaked probably from day 1. He said the leak happened under acceleration and has caused damage to another part ( daughter forgot what that was ) and will also be replaced,. Should get it back to.orrow .
No response fro. VW UK , so asked her to get the job number from dealership so we can quote to VW . Assume they would have had to get authority from VW .

#12 ·
Musicegbdf said:
An update. The master tech confirmed main oil seal , and that it has leaked probably from day 1. He said the leak happened under acceleration and has caused damage to another part ( daughter forgot what that was ) and will also be replaced,. Should get it back to.orrow .
No response fro. VW UK , so asked her to get the job number from dealership so we can quote to VW . Assume they would have had to get authority from VW .
Sorted?

#13 ·
Nope. They are now saying will take a full week . Sounds like engine out job!
VW uk hopeless , have registered complaint.
This is crazy . VW don't seem to want to know and kicking back to dealership.
Dealership being really good. Not taking it lying down and getting ready to escalate.
Have put them on notice that we will reserve right of rejection . Daughter just wants her car that she is paying for .

#14 ·
Musicegbdf said:
Dealership being really good. Not taking it lying down and getting ready to escalate.
Have put them on notice that we will reserve right of rejection . Daughter just wants her car that she is paying for .
I don't blame her. Good job you've got a good dealership. My local dealerships are utterly useless. They ordered the wrong replacement part for my Golf three times and then lost the part once they'd finally ordered the correct one. 4 weeks to get a seatbelt buckle fixed. Not like a faulty seatbelt is a safety issue or anything...

#15 ·
twist said:
Musicegbdf said:
I don't blame her. Good job you've got a good dealership. My local dealerships are utterly useless. They ordered the wrong replacement part for my Golf three times and then lost the part once they'd finally ordered the correct one. 4 weeks to get a seatbelt buckle fixed. Not like a faulty seatbelt is a safety issue or anything...
Good old Arnie :lol:

For the benefit of those who don't understand, Arnold is the first name of of most VW dealerships in West Central Scotland.

#19 ·
Well engine back in apparently . They going to drive it and then leave overnight . The run on the ramp tomorrow just to make 100%. They said the master tech has spent the whole week on it. Again dealer has been great. Very sympathetic and kept in touch. VW much less so . This looks like her first and last VW .

#20 ·
Update , it is still leaking and they have now ordered a new oil pump to fix next week . !
Daughter now has had enough and wants to reject the car. She still wants a troc so thinking that they provide her another new car and a courtesy car till it is delivered.
I seem to recall the rejection has to go through vw ( on pcp ). I will look back under the Roo thread as remember there were links of how to reject.

#21 ·
Musicegbdf said:
Update , it is still leaking and they have now ordered a new oil pump to fix next week . !
Daughter now has had enough and wants to reject the car. She still wants a troc so thinking that they provide her another new car and a courtesy car till it is delivered.
I seem to recall the rejection has to go through vw ( on pcp ). I will look back under the Roo thread as remember there were links of how to reject.
Please let us know if they agree to a replacement as that's likely the avenue I'll be aiming for (and others I'm sure). Good luck, fingers crossed for you both that VW play ball.

#22 ·
Courtesy car upgraded back to a Troc .
VW now say it is over to the dealer. I think a car that leaks oil bad enough that they take the engine out and now needs a new oil pump in the first few days of ownership is as bad a fault as you can get . So I am expecting they should comply with " lack of confidence in that particular car , and replace with the same model and spec and provide like for like courtesy car until delivered.
That is what she wants as she loves the car even with the small Roo .
Meeting next week to discuss

#23 ·
Still leaking . Engine been out at least twice and considering it is the main bearing expect been full strip down.
Starting the process and have chose two possible replacements just need to confirm what is available . One has more options , the other one is not ideal . Let's hope they agree the the one with more options at no extra cost as this may feel like some recompense.

#24 ·
Musicegbdf said:
Still leaking . Engine been out at least twice and considering it is the main bearing expect been full strip down.
Starting the process and have chose two possible replacements just need to confirm what is available . One has more options , the other one is not ideal . Let's hope they agree the the one with more options at no extra cost as this may feel like some recompense.
Good luck :( I feel disappointed for your daughter.
A roo is bad enough, an incontinent one is horrendous :mrgreen:

#25 ·
These things happen , it is how it is dealt with that matters.
Again dealer has been great , but did seem like VW had tied his hands somewhat .
This is her first VW. Her first car was a Toyota which had a gearbox issue that damaged the clutch. Had a big fight with them , they denied it . However , via the Toyota forum I found out it was a known design fault and got our money back. She views never to buy a toyota again . She was happy with her audis , and this might put her off VW. Let us see if they resolve to her satisfaction.

#26 ·
T Roo said:
Musicegbdf said:
Good luck :( I feel disappointed for your daughter.
A roo is bad enough, an incontinent one is horrendous :mrgreen:
Yes VW branded Tenna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.